• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Banned
Seriously, even the most farmed monster in my 200 hours MH3U playthrough barely break 40 kill/capture count accros LR/HR/GR. This is crazy, smh

Ok, this is better than I expected
Time to search for a Yian Garuga then

I think they level up 3 levels at a time until high rank, then 2 levels at a time until G rank, and then 1 level at a time until super G rank.

I'm in HR3 and Caravan quests 4*, does armor particularly matter? I find myself using Lagombi and Rathian for #fashionhunter, but starting to get concerned about gimping myself.

Also, jealous of the male character Seltas Queen armor. I want to play as Gurren Lagann. ;_;

Chuckpebble

Jaggi was claimed.
Seltas.png
Velociprey.png
Yian%20Kut%20Ku.png
Tetsucabra.png
Gore was claimed.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm in HR3 and Caravan quests 4*, does armor particularly matter? I find myself using Lagombi and Rathian for #fashionhunter, but starting to get concerned about gimping myself.

Also, jealous of the male character Seltas Queen armor. I want to play as Gurren Lagann. ;_;

Does Lagombi still have evasion on it? If so you'll be fine.

What's a good armor set to focus on for Hunting Horns? Still early on, just killed the spider monster thing.

Bone armor. When looking for HH armor always check and see if a set has maestro or enough slots to gem it in.

Shengar

I think they level up 3 levels at a time until high rank, then 2 levels at a time until G rank, and then 1 level at a time until super G rank.

They don't always start at lvl 1, and they go up 3 levels each completion until G-Rank

http://gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/79867693361/mh4-understanding-guild-quests

Strange, because I just remembered that my Velocidrome guild quest only up 1 level for each competition.
I'll try other guild quest, and see if its the same or not.

Owensboro

Another day, more monsters killed. I've been soldiering through every quest in 5* to try and get the "Uncorner the Market" quest to pop. I've been wanting to trade to make the Nargacuga set forever! Finally got it to open last night and now am scrambling to get all the parts I need. It's nice to finally get something with gem slots so that I can get skills other than Maestro. I also lucked out and found a talisman with +4 Maestro on it. Best. Day. Ever.

Question 1: What's the best set to scrounge up for gathering? I'm currently rocking a leather set with a + Gathering speed talisman, but am looking to upgrade it (and hoping to not have to grind a bunch of gems).

Question 2: Do the "Advanced" quests disappear after you complete them once? I did an absolutely awful one with two
infected
Khezu that required a hell of a lot of patience. I don't really want to do it again, but I can't find it on my quest list anymore.

I've found pig costumes on expeditions!

Wait....THAT'S where the Poogie costumes are? Holy hell, I need to start doing expeditions! I mean, Porkinton II looks great in his sombrero, but he needs some new duds.

Kinsei

Banned
Another day, more monsters killed. I've been soldiering through every quest in 5* to try and get the "Uncorner the Market" quest to pop. I've been wanting to trade to make the Nargacuga set forever! Finally got it to open last night and now am scrambling to get all the parts I need. It's nice to finally get something with gem slots so that I can get skills other than Maestro. I also lucked out and found a talisman with +4 Maestro on it. Best. Day. Ever.

Question 1: What's the best set to scrounge up for gathering? I'm currently rocking a leather set with a + Gathering speed talisman, but am looking to upgrade it (and hoping to not have to grind a bunch of gems).

Question 2: Do the "Advanced" quests disappear after you complete them once? I did an absolutely awful one with two
infected
Khezu that required a hell of a lot of patience. I don't really want to do it again, but I can't find it on my quest list anymore.

Wait....THAT'S where the Poogie costumes are? Holy hell, I need to start doing expeditions! I mean, Porkinton II looks great in his sombrero, but he needs some new duds.

Leather is fine. It's not like you're going to be fighting anything on those quests anyway.

Advanced quests come and go at random. Everytime you go on a quest (even if you abandon or fail) the list will refresh and there's a chance it will appear again.

Got triple carted for the first time last night. Was the darn Rathalos + Zinogre quest. They kept going into the same area and dung bombs just weren't cutting it. That Zinogre man... I still just can't read his tells, even after MH3U. He's one of my favorite monsters, but man he's tough.
Rathalos was surprisingly easy though.

Also, thanks Kensei for the Basario advice last night. I did some expeditions and he popped up - and now I have a guild quest for him! Woo!

Kinsei

Banned
Got triple carted for the first time last night. Was the darn Rathalos + Zinogre quest. They kept going into the same area and dung bombs just weren't cutting it. That Zinogre man... I still just can't read his tells, even after MH3U. He's one of my favorite monsters, but man he's tough.
Rathalos was surprisingly easy though.

Go for Los first (he starts in 8). He has very low health in this quest and you should be able to kill him before the two meet up.

Mupod

Zinogre is funny because it's the only monster I can think of that seems to get slightly harder in every new game. He was a joke in P3rd.

ugoo18

That sounds terrifying, I wouldnt either!!

Honestly G rank Pink Ian with the few randoms that have done it has failed everytime lol although i haven't been able to take shot at it with a party of 4. I burned through so many resources on this lol.

G rank tigrex i can't say as i've only been able to try it with 2 people and my partner died all 3 times.

EDIT: Anyone on GAF want to hunt these with me?

Go for Los first (he starts in 8). He has very low health in this quest and you should be able to kill him before the two meet up.

Oh I ended up beating the quest, and that's how I had to end up doing it. I killed Rathalos, then captured Zinogre to save time. Got a ton of great rewards from it! (Rathalos Plate dropped, which is cool)

Gaz_RB

Honestly G rank Pink Ian with the few randoms that have done it has failed everytime lol although i haven't been able to take shot at it with a party of 4. I burned through so many resources on this lol.

G rank tigrex i can't say as i've only been able to try it with 2 people and my partner died all 3 times.

EDIT: Anyone on GAF want to hunt these with me?

I imagine there aren't many people at G-Rank yet. When I get there I will definitely help you!

Kensuke

How are you supposed to fight a Silver Rathalos and Gold Rathian at G-rank? I cleared most missions but they still won't appear. I need their materials for the Rath glaive. Do these guys appear in excavations perhaps?

Kinsei

Banned
How are you supposed to fight a Silver Rathalos and Gold Rathian at G-rank? I cleared most missions but they still won't appear. I need their materials for the Rath glaive. Do these guys appear in excavations perhaps?

I'm pretty sure G rank Gold and Silver are DLC quests.

ugoo18

I imagine there aren't many people at G-Rank yet. When I get there I will definitely help you!

Thanks for that.

I mainly want to do them because i want to up my weapon, starting to bounce off G2 Rank Azure Los. Also need to create some new armor.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Holy shit. Lucked into getting the Gore plate on my first time taking it down! Glad I decided on a whim to cap it instead of just killing it.

Mupod

Last night I fought Monoblos, I like that it's significantly different from Diablos now. But Dunes might be the most infuriating map ever, those tail swipes on uneven terrain kept catching me because I thought I was above/below them. Also could not figure out how to get the thing's horn stuck, I spent way too much time trying but all it wanted to do was run around in circles instead of charging.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Ok, after getting up to 5 star quests in single player, I started playing online.

A few questions:

What is up with the guild quests? Why do you need to "register" them? Why aren't they just in a list like every other mission? What is the benefit of doing them? What does the "level" of the guild quest mean? Why do I have 5 quests that are for hunting the exact same monster, and 1 that is for another? Once I register a quest, can I unregister it? Is there a limit to the amount of "registered" guild quests you have? Did I screw up by registering all five duplicate guild quests?

And as for the L1 quests- Do I need to do all of these quests to move on to L2 quests? It's kind of crazy they would make you do a gathering quest. I'm pretty over-leveled for these, as they are pretty much repeats of 1-star quests in single player. I guess the monsters are a bit harder in multiplayer, but I've soloed a few of them.

Kinsei

Banned
Holy shit. Lucked into getting the Gore plate on my first time taking it down! Glad I decided on a whim to cap it instead of just killing it.

You actually have a better chance of getting a Gore plate by killing it.

Ok, after getting up to 5 star quests in single player, I started playing online.

A few questions:

What is up with the guild quests? Why do you need to "register" them? Why aren't they just in a list like every other mission? What is the benefit of doing them? What does the "level" of the guild quest mean? Why do I have 5 quests that are for hunting the exact same monster, and 1 that is for another? Once I register a quest, can I unregister it? Is there a limit to the amount of "registered" guild quests you have? Did I screw up by registering all five duplicate guild quests?

And as for the L1 quests- Do I need to do all of these quests to move on to L2 quests? It's kind of crazy they would make you do a gathering quest. I'm pretty over-leveled for these, as they are pretty much repeats of 1-star quests in single player. I guess the monsters are a bit harder in multiplayer, but I've soloed a few of them.

THe guild quests are random so you just got unlucky by getting the same monster 5 times in a row. The point of guild quests is to get materials from expedition/guild quest only monsters and level it up to 140 so you can fight super G rank monsters. You can delete guild quests you don't want.

You don't need to do them all unless you want all of the guild card awards. Just go on the wiki and look up the key quests.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

No, you only need to do the key quests.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH4U:_Guild_Quests

THe guild quests are random so you just got unlucky by getting the same monster 5 times in a row. The point of guild quests is to get materials from expedition/guild quest only monsters and level it up to 140 so you can fight super G rank monsters. You can delet guild quests you don't want.

You don;t need to do them all unless you want all of the guild card awards. Just go on the wiki and look up the key quests.

Question about those - Does playing the quest level it up? When it's a higher level, does that mean the monster is harder? I never saw an explanation for that anywhere.

Kinsei

Banned
Can someone remind me what Affinity does? I'm thinking of making the Hidden Blade GS, but it has low raw. It does give me White sharpness with Sharpness +1 in low rank, though, and that seems hilarious. It's also got 2 slots and like 35% affinity.

Affinity is your critical hit percentage.

Reknoc

Okay, further cementing my n3DS as a MonHun machine I have finally got around to ordering faceplates. The Black one that was actually released over here (like the colour of the white one more but doesn't look good on a black n3DS) and the Kut-Ku one from Play-Asia (which in hindsight probably won't look super amazing on a black console but whatever I NEED that one).

Did Pink Rathian get way harder in 4U compared to 3U? I keep seeing her being mentioned but honestly to me Pink Rathian was just another Rathian.

I guess gold Rathian was kinda hard...

I just want to say that you all are an awesome community, and thank you for helping me out so much. When I played MH3U, I was a little late to the party so there were already a lot of resources out there. That's not the case with this one.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
THe guild quests are random so you just got unlucky by getting the same monster 5 times in a row. The point of guild quests is to get materials from expedition/guild quest only monsters and level it up to 140 so you can fight super G rank monsters. You can delete guild quests you don't want.

You don't need to do them all unless you want all of the guild card awards. Just go on the wiki and look up the key quests.

What determines when you get a new guild quest? Do you get more materials/rares show up more the higher the level the quest is?

Mupod

Ah ok. Seems worth it then. Not sure what other Great swords are particularly good going into that special Urgent after Gore Magala.

I made the Zinogre one, it was easy to upgrade into from the Jaggi GS (chieftain somethingorother). If you were crazy, there's a way to get sharpness+1 in low rank and the Gore Magala greatsword would apparently get white sharpness with it. But that would have taken forever.

JimPanzer

Did Pink Rathian get way harder in 4U compared to 3U? I keep seeing her being mentioned but honestly to me Pink Rathian was just another Rathian.

I guess gold Rathian was kinda hard...

did you do the village stuff? In my experience all of the village HR stuff got way harder in MH4U compared to MH3U. those 10* quests are no joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom