• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valus

Can anyone explain how the Hunt-A-Thon quests work in terms of wound rewards? I was doing the High Rank Tetsu hunt-a-thon and killed it six times, breaking its face each time and didn't get a single Tusk+ in the wound box. Only got like, one scale+ or something despite breaking stuff with each kill. I need two for the helmet. :(

Anyone know?

Quoting for new page. Anyone have an idea?

Quadraxis

Pls rathalos, drop a plate for me :(. Would doing the zinogre/rathalos quest give me a bigger chance then the hunt a rathalos quest(5 star solo quests is were i'm at)

Meffer

I'm using the Insect Glaive, but its main draw is the jump/mount attack, and to me that is nothing more but a gimmick. :/

I love shooting the Kinsect though, and the upgrade process is refreshing too.
The mounting along with the Kinsect upgrade system is what makes the weapon. Having a monster distracted while teammates collect themselves while sharpening or preparing bombs or healing? A monster being pinned open to attack? That's the beauty of the IG.

Pls rathalos, drop a plate for me :(. Would doing the zinogre/rathalos quest give me a bigger chance then the hunt a rathalos quest(5 star solo quests is were i'm at)

As a reference, I just realized I got my Rath Plate on my Hunt a Rathalos quest and not the other double one. It dropped as a shiny when I broke something.

jorgejjvr

I'm using the Insect Glaive, but its main draw is the jump/mount attack, and to me that is nothing more but a gimmick. :/

It's no gimmick. Great to escape and Dodge, great to mount and putting a monster off from flying. In online mounting is great in order for your teammates to get life, sharpen etc. And for you, it will do damage of course, and once the monster is in the floor it's an easy three buffs, the buffs are game changer. And then you can go all out with the monster on the floor. The jump and mount has many great different uses

MrPanic

Not really though, atleast I barely use its jump. Getting colors and straight up attacking is the real main draw of this powerhouse. The jumping in my experience is way better used sparsely, using it to get damage during a rage mode or knocking something out of the air. The only reasons to spam jump attacks are Gravios and Basarios imo.

I have never seen a bomber S&S like that. We used to group bomb when we trapped them but not at the speed/rate like that.

Because stylish bombing is not very nice to use with others around. It's more of a solo speedrun thing.

Stylish Bomber looks like a blast! I assume it's not a viable play style till G rank?
If you get SpdSetup and Evade+1 early sure, but yeah more of a endgame thing.

Netto-kun

The real hunt is about to begin! This book is so thick that you could probably use it to beat up some of the smaller and mid-size monsters.
eWZOSkG.jpg

This popped up in my Twitter feeed. Looks like the people on Penny Arcade are playing MH4U too.
Should've done the egg quest instead.
i-DDdjjVB-1050x10000.jpg

how do you activate the little beacon thing on the map that people use sometimes? i was doing one of the HR1 quest that involved collecting mushrooms and found some monster that can glide and had a trunk but I had no idea how to tell my squad member to come over and help. practically soloed the damn thing, took forever tho.

I love this game so much.

I'm progressing slowly (I'm just 7 hours in) but steadily and I just killed my fist Cacha Wacha (?), it was so much fun to fight.

The mobility and the way you have to use the terrain in MH4 is something else. What a superb action game.

Netto-kun

how do you activate the little beacon thing on the map that people use sometimes? i was doing one of the HR1 quest that involved collecting mushrooms and found some monster that can glide and had a trunk but I had no idea how to tell my squad member to come over and help. practically soloed the damn thing, took forever tho.
Press Start then X or hotkey it to the touch screen.

Kyzon

What's the best way to gather food for my kinsect?

Also, is there like a gag group where we can voice chat while we hunt? Hell, I'll party on live or whatever.

Raide

I love this game so much.

I'm progressing slowly (I'm just 7 hours in) but steadily and I just killed my fist Cacha Wacha (?), it was so much fun to fight.

The mobility and the way you have to use the terrain in MH4 is something else. What a superb action game.

I am certainly enjoying the mobility direction MH4U is going in. Really nice to have fights that are not just circle around the monsters taking pot-shots when you can.

I wish they made mounting a little easier because some maps are not very useful, whereas some maps have loads of points. I think all weapons should have a Bug Staff style vault option.

What's the best way to gather food for my kinsect?

Also, is there like a gag group where we can voice chat while we hunt? Hell, I'll party on live or whatever.

Keep hunting and keep gathering. They drop fairly often as you progress.

Kyzon

I am certainly enjoying the mobility direction MH4U is going in. Really nice to have fights that are not just circle around the monsters taking pot-shots when you can.

I wish they made mounting a little easier because some maps are not very useful, whereas some maps have loads of points. I think all weapons should have a Bug Staff style vault option.

Keep hunting and keep gathering. They drop fairly often as you progress.

Is there anyway to get particular ones? I'm trying to get speed at the Moment.

Prototype

Did dahren last night for the first time. Pretty easy, just like jhen for the most part, figured him out quick. Killed it solo first time.

Kane1345

The Gore gear and GS looks really awesome. The skills are meh overall with challenger being the best one imo but at least I look great!

TreIII

Well, at the very least, there is the universal wall jump. It's a start, I'd think.

Maybe by 5, we'll just have more where that comes from.
And maybe Frontier's Tonfas, too. I can dream, can't I?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I just read that the only way to rank up in multiplayer is if you are the host of the session? Is that true?

Scher

I just read that the only way to rank up in multiplayer is if you are the host of the session? Is that true?

No, you just have to be the one who posts the urgent quest once you unlock it. The urgent quest is what increases your rank, and only the one who posts the quest will get the rank up from it.

Kane1345

They're probably talking about urgent quests and no it's not true. The person who posts the quest ranks up. So you can take turns like I do with my friends :)

Kane1345

Gravios and Basarios are such weird monsters. They seem to not even flinch on your attacks and they die way to easy.

Gravios size completely disguises the fact that it's really easy and also really boring to fight. It's rolling move is the only new move I think and even that is just slow and just meh. They should have put narga in the game ;)

Qurupeke

Gravios size completely disguises the fact that it's really easy and also really boring to fight. It's rolling move is the only new move I think and even that is just slow and just meh. They should have put narga in the game ;)

I made a sword specifically for the Gravios battle and it ended in like 15-20 minutes. And most of this time, it was me chasing Gravios...

wiibomb

while I think that too, I find black gravios to be awesome, that uncontrolled laser he blasts its something pretty awesome to see

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Gravios and Basarios are such weird monsters. They seem to not even flinch on your attacks and they die way to easy.

I'm fine with them, but I think they're too similar and we should only have had one or the other

Kinsei

Banned
I'm fine with them, but I think they're too similar and we should only have had one or the other

It'd be weird to have one without the other though. It would be like having Agnaktor without any Uroktor ,Great Jaggi without Jaggi and Jaggia, Velocidrome without Velociprey, etc.

Qurupeke

It'd be weird to have one without the other though. It would be like having Agnaktor without any Uroktor ,Great Jaggi without Jaggi and Jaggia, Velocidrome without Velociprey, etc.

Basarios is a "big" monster though. They could easily ignore this juvenile form and nothing important would be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom