• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faiz

Decided to do my second Gore on the way home.

Got a second Gore plate. Don't even need it yet as I'm probably not making Gore legs, and the CB is apparently the only weapon which doesn't use it for either upgrading or creating. Still need shells though. :/.

yami4ct

I'm finally learning how to gun in a monster hunter game. This is one of my big gaming goals in recent memory. Picking up the Heavy Bowgun and man is it fun once you get the hang of it. All the micromanagement of ammo is a bit tricky and trying to deal with the whole critical distance thing is confusing, but man is it cool to be the gunner as your group wales on the monster. Really able to pick and choose what you want to break and deal a ton of damage. Not sure I have that much fun with it SP, but MP it's so cool.

Busaiku

Augh, capturing Gypceros was the worst.
Bad enough that it's annoying to fight, but then capturing it...

I ran out of traps the 1st time, then I killed it the 2nd time.
I just got it by the skin the 3rd time (had it trapped, but the first Tranq Bomb didn't work, hit it once more for success).

Gaz_RB

I'm finally learning how to gun in a monster hunter game. This is one of my big gaming goals in recent memory. Picking up the Heavy Bowgun and man is it fun once you get the hang of it. All the micromanagement of ammo is a bit tricky and trying to deal with the whole critical distance thing is confusing, but man is it cool to be the gunner as your group wales on the monster. Really able to pick and choose what you want to break and deal a ton of damage. Not sure I have that much fun with it SP, but MP it's so cool.
Yeah I've been loving the bow in MP. I feel so special because no one else seems to go ranged.

yami4ct

Yeah I've been loving the bow in MP. I feel so special because no one else seems to go ranged.

It's so intimidating to pick up at first, so very few new players pick it up. If MH4U goes anything like MH3U, the percentage will go up over time. Still don't see range players often, which sucks because they're so useful to have on a team.

How much money do you think you use in a hunt? I want to go bow, but I'm poor.

If bow is anything like the HBG, which I suspect it is, ammo is pretty damn cheap. I've spent a few hundred zenny on a hunt at most.

Gaz_RB

Maybe 3000?

I usually spend more money than I make, at least in low rank, but I make it up by selling a few monster mats I don't plan on using. Now, in HR5, I have no problems making up lost money with the quest rewards.

hr3 stuff happening now at number 15 5435 5562 6951
code is 0307

edit: playing with gaf is something else. i can't beieve how fast magala was taken down!

Sane_Man

I'm just onto HR3. Anyone else in the same boat and want to rank up?

Gathering Hall ID: 39-2775-4495-2283
Password: 4321

:edit: seems like the guy above me does. Joining him!

Nah it's low rank, and awful as hell... Except it gives me the skills I wanted haha.

Now just to practice dodging my own bombs (Though I guess I could just block swipe them)
Are you SnS bombing? Can't tell what weapon in the screenshot. I thought you had some built in dodge frames with SnS?

Anyway, let me know how it goes. I might have to try it at some point!

Are you SnS bombing? Can't tell what weapon in the screenshot. I thought you had some built in dodge frames with SnS?

Anyway, let me know how it goes. I might have to try it at some point!

Yeah that's what I'm doing. I'm farming for bomb/trap mats right now, so I'll let you guys know haha. I did however beat the Zamtrios/Lagombi one without having to craft any extra bombs pretty quickly though.

Augh, capturing Gypceros was the worst.
Bad enough that it's annoying to fight, but then capturing it...

I ran out of traps the 1st time, then I killed it the 2nd time.
I just got it by the skin the 3rd time (had it trapped, but the first Tranq Bomb didn't work, hit it once more for success).

I swear gypceros with traps is buggy. Last night we had a group of 4,we all set down traps and the bastard would just stand in them without them activating. We kite him through the traps probably 20 or so times without a single one working before we got impatient and killed him

I swear gypceros with traps is buggy. Last night we had a group of 4,we all set down traps and the bastard would just stand in them without them activating. We kite him through the traps probably 20 or so times without a single one working before we got impatient and killed him

Shock traps doesnt work on him

Cerity

Gypceros is immune to shock traps, so yeah. When he plays dead he's ready to cap, so I've found him pretty easy.

Man I wish you could torch the webbing on some levels, the two leveled fights get pretty damn annoying with how long of them stay hanging just out of reach.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is there bait that catches small goldenfish? I only have normal goldenfish bait, and it doesn't catch small ones.

This tier 1 catch 8 small goldenfish is a PITA.

Neonsands

Neo Member

I'm still grinding just before high rank in single player, and I probably spend half of what I make on missions. However most of that is for bombs and traps. I found a perception amulet and have just been catching everything and sleep bombing then using power coatings just saves a lot of time on the process.

Oregano

Just spent about four hours teaming with randoms. Was a lot of fun, we really gelled. There was three of us most of the time and we all got to HR2 and then someone else joined. I didn't want to come off it but I really need to sleep!

I sent friends requests to them and I think they accepted so I will try to team with them again.

XaosWolf

Gypceros is immune to shock traps, so yeah. When he plays dead he's ready to cap, so I've found him pretty easy.

Shit, is that his tell?

Also didn't help I used a shock trap on him, then my Palico killed him and got a kicking. And I didn't think "rubbery skin" meant "skin that actually has all properties of rubber". >=|

Oh and putting traps down for a monster and having them immediately leave the area again for some reason is the most sigh inducing thing ever.

Cerity

Shit, is that his tell?

Also didn't help I used a shock trap on him, then my Palico killed him and got a kicking. And I didn't think "rubbery skin" meant "skin that actually has all properties of rubber". >=|

Oh and putting traps down for a monster and having them immediately leave the area again for some reason is the most sigh inducing thing ever.

not 100% on it but it's worked everytime for me, he might play dead more often in HR/GR. Just be careful though, as soon as you lay the trap he'll do his spin thing.

Prototype

dat moment when you die from poison when you are stunned
Oh ya. Always pisses me off. Or fire, or slime, or now even bleeding. :(

Wake up Dizzy and with little health, and seeing the monster turn toward you. Eyeing you. Hungry. Pissed at that shock trap from earlier. You watch through teary eyes as it barrels towards you screaming...

I think that Pumpkin armor Mosgharl looks bad ass, and it has good skills for the weapons I use. Defense kind of sucks but I guess that's why they make armor spheres.

Now if only getting some of the mats for it wasn't pure luck..

Card Boy

Banned
Make sure you guys get the Monster Hunter 4 starter pack DLC. It's free and includes;

1. Ancient Potion x 5
  2. Flash Bomb x 30
  3. Honey x 30
  4. Lifepowder x 20
  5. Max Potion x 10
  6. Mega Dash Juice x 15
  7. Mega Potion x 50
  8. Pitfall Trap x 15
  9. Shock Trap x 15
  10. Sonic Bomb x 30
  11. Super Mushroom x 6
  12. Well-done Steak x 30
Will save you acouple hours of gathering. It's under the Extra/Gift Menu DLC menu i think.

Kane1345

zlCfzTB3C90tlYethB

Shoryuken! heh

Just got to HR3, kind of want new armor since I've been using Velocidrome for a while now; granted, the skills I have on it are pretty awesome: Attack up M, Detect and Halve Stun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom