• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nachos

I swear, this game's localization at times is making me wonder if the scripts for Monster Hunter and Drakengard 3 got parts switched.

So, after dipping my toe into all this Monster Hunter madness with the 4U demo, I decided to take the plunge. I'm quite excited, but there's so much for me to learn. It's very daunting, but this thread is a fantastic resource; Thanks OP!

Juraash

So GS users let me pick your brains for a minute. Just about to hit 6* caravan and I've basically been using some form of the tetsu GS since the second I could make it. Is this a pretty common experience for you guys through LR? I've crafted several other swords in the hope that the upgrade path would lead me to something better. Alas, nothing thus far that isn't high rank.

Renewed

So GS users let me pick your brains for a minute. Just about to hit 6* caravan and I've basically been using some form of the tetsu GS since the second I could make it. Is this a pretty common experience for you guys through LR? I've crafted several other swords in the hope that the upgrade path would lead me to something better. Alas, nothing thus far that isn't high rank.

I made the Immolator Blade (Nerscylla GS) at the prospect of good damage and Blue sharpness (soon will gain Sleep and White sharpness, but that's high rank).

It carried me through LR and has done me well in 6* against Rathian and Rathalos.

Is there a guide for unlocking all the HR6 and Urgent caravan missions? I've been at it for the last couple of days and I still have a bunch of stuff missing like Rajang and Akantor

I swear, this game's localization at times is making me wonder if the scripts for Monster Hunter and Drakengard 3 got parts switched.

I dunno if this is a positive or negative thing, but I'm in love with Guildmarm thanks to how she was localized. I'm totally fine being her Doodle.

RasanRL

Neo Member
Queen Seltas is my least favorite monster to fight. The little shit is always pinning me down and breaking the flow of my game. Good thing I dont need a lot from it.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Queen Seltas is my least favorite monster to fight. The little shit is always pinning me down and breaking the flow of my game. Good thing I dont need a lot from it.
I like her because she killed the Seltas by slamming it on the ground, completing the side quest for me.

Prototype

I used the devastator line (made mostly with ore) until I got a badass GS from an expedition. That held me over til the red pincer (hemitar GS) and used that until Serg which is what I have now.

Kinsei

Banned

She's one of my favorite new monsters, second only to Shagaru.

High rank village quest P Rath is ruining my life

She is tougher than in 3U, that's for sure. That was the first quest to make me double cart.

Eusis

Good hunting Eunis, that spider is a handful.
Thanks! Yeah, that was a bit of a pain, but not up to the level of absolute frustration I felt with MH3U at times.

And sorry for bailing like that, my battery light was red for the last part, then flashing just about when we killed it. It wasn't clean quit either, I closed the lid to see if it'd stop sleep mode or not (surprisingly it didn't.)

Alright almost got everything I need for the Gore Charge Blade, but now I have so much excess stuff(barring plate) for the armor Im wondering if I should just get it. Currently using the Tetsu armor right now, is Gore worth the upgrade?

Kinsei

Banned
Alright almost got everything I need for the Gore Charge Blade, but now I have so much excess stuff(barring plate) for the armor Im wondering if I should just get it. Currently using the Tetsu armor right now, is Gore worth the upgrade?

Not the full armor. Parts of it can be used to make a set with sharpness +1 in low rank though.

Not the full armor. Parts of it can be used to make a set with sharpness +1 in low rank though.

Yeah I was reading about that, the Ceanataur/Gore Mix set. Guess i'll try that out then.

Edit: Also does anyone know how long it takes Gore to get back into a Frenzied state? Despite only attacking his head knocked him out of the frenzy before his feelers broke so trying not to do so much damage right now till it goes back again.

Edit: Also does anyone know how long it takes Gore to get back into a Frenzied state? Despite only attacking his head knocked him out of the frenzy before his feelers broke so trying not to do so much damage right now till it goes back again.

There's a lot of speculation that getting infected by his attacks and standing in the black mist (immune to virus or otherwise) triggers it faster; the gimmick is meant to be that he can "see" you better the more scale-pollen you have on you, and the feelers go up when he can use them to detect you perfectly and he decides to go ham. Otherwise, beating him up seems to trigger it just like any other monster. You should get at least two frenzies per fight.

Meanwhile, I have an odd request: is anyone in the mood to let me poke around a place with High-level Konchus? I have the tails for my Gore IG upgrade but not the Broth. (Ironically I also got the plate I need for the level 3 upgrade, but I figure that can wait just a little bit.
emot-v.gif
)

MrPanic

Yeah I was reading about that, the Ceanataur/Gore Mix set. Guess i'll try that out then.

I don't know how its frenzy works, but switching to more blunt weapons seemed enough for my team to garantee getting feelers regardless of how fast we killed it.

Cerity

Just finished making the Nerscylla S armour, damn it looks nice as hell. Well worth however many times I killed it in the hunt-a-thon quest.

Unicorn

Just finished making the Nerscylla S armour, damn it looks nice as hell. Well worth however many times I killed it in the hunt-a-thon quest.
Does it look different? I've had the low rank version so far and love looking like Gundam. Recoloring also has a huge effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom