• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you guys get the Monster Hunter 4 starter pack DLC. It's free and includes;

1. Ancient Potion x 5
  2. Flash Bomb x 30
  3. Honey x 30
  4. Lifepowder x 20
  5. Max Potion x 10
  6. Mega Dash Juice x 15
  7. Mega Potion x 50
  8. Pitfall Trap x 15
  9. Shock Trap x 15
  10. Sonic Bomb x 30
  11. Super Mushroom x 6
  12. Well-done Steak x 30
Will save you acouple hours of gathering. It's under the Extra/Gift Menu DLC menu i think.

Yup. Also, you acquire this by first making sure you downloaded the patch from the eShop. Then, you talk to the housekeeper cat, and go to Gifts I believe.

Note: The mushroom's they give you is enough for the one complete set of either Mario/luigi armor. There will be quests released eventually which will allow you to farm more mushrooms to get the set you didn't choose before.

However, I highly recommend that as a new player, you don't use this as a crutch. Make sure you still learn the recipe's for making these items, and keep your supply of these items up! This gives you a nice buffer, but don't fall back on it as your only supply for them, because they'll run out faster than you think if you don't bother to craft your own items.

MrPanic

Someone list me some sets of armor that are good to get early high rank and will most likely last me through all of high rank. Looking for full sets because Fashion Souls and blademaster only. The Veliciprey armor lasted me through all of low rank and I really don't feel like making tons of armor until I hit G-rank, so just throw me some general purpose armors that will get the job done.

Seil

Someone list me some sets of armor that are good to get early high rank and will most likely last me through all of high rank. Looking for full sets because Fashion Souls and blademaster only. The Veliciprey armor lasted me through all of low rank and I really don't feel like making tons of armor until I hit G-rank, so just throw me some general purpose armors that will get the job done.

Velociprey S or Tetsu S?

People have probably already linked this post, but it bears linking many times I think.

http://gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/107741806567/monster-hunter-4g-ultimate-noteworthy-armor-sets

Also, true fashion hunters find mixed sets that have great skills AND look great. But the double Gore high rank set in this blog post isn't really a mixed set visually speaking anyway. It's pretty much all purpose and will certainly last for most if not all of High rank.

MrPanic

Velociprey S or Tetsu S?

People have probably already linked this post, but it bears linking many times I think.

http://gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/107741806567/monster-hunter-4g-ultimate-noteworthy-armor-sets

Also, true fashion hunters find mixed sets that have great skills AND look great. But the double Gore high rank set in this blog post isn't really a mixed set visually speaking anyway. It's pretty much all purpose and will certainly last for most if not all of High rank.
Appreciated. Looks like one of those two armors followed by double gore is the way to go, so I'll just do that. Thanks.

zlCfzTB4fcY5-891sz

Lobsta Bomba worked! It took me a few tries to actually get it, (as well as a few times where I forgot crap) but for a first time I don't think that's too bad for a Zinogre and Rathalos hunt.

Blitzhex

Just made this awesome set. Got 3 nyctgems in 3 kills while I was only hunting for some wings and carapaces to finish my set. Guy in my party said he had been farming gore+ for 6 hours without a gem drop... desire sensor is real.

bobohoro

Welp, there were some embarrassing moments to be had tonight.

Carted to a Gendrome.
Party getting killed by an Emerald Congala in a couple minutes.
Normal Congala catching me off guard with its breath attack. Twice.
Getting hit by Gypceros playing dead because its head was broken and the flash didn't go off while gathering.
Carted to a frickin' Gendrome.

Still had some real fun hunts, but I really need to get some HR armour before I take on Pink Rathy again.

I'm glad that the only way that rathalos can stop the lobsta bombs is by spamming fireballs after wind stunning me while he's blind. :/

Kinsei

Banned
Guess who forgot to bring antidotes on her first Pink Rathian hunt.

Whoever designed area 2 of the dunes deserves to be fired.

Scher

Whoever designed area 2 of the dunes deserves to be fired.

I think most all of my deaths in the dunes are from accidentally hopping on the sand and getting hit in the process. That zone is just the worst.

Eusis

I need to deal with the multiplayer quests sometime, been making progress in SP mainly albeit somewhat slowly (just got to the second town.) Anyone up for pulling me up?

Cerity

I did exactly this on the HR Nerscylla and Purple Gyp fights. Burning through all of my mega pots thanks to toxin was fun. Dying from the toxin mid fall after being pushed into the next area is fun too!

Sifl

I've helped plenty of people do the Black Gravious urgent, but whenever I try to complete it for myself something always goes wrong lol.

What's the point of kicking your own traps to destroy them?

If they went back into your inventory I could understand that but destroying them after they've been set doesn't serve any useful purpose as far as I can see.

Faiz

I see.

I guess the best way to handle traps is to have the materials on hand so you can combine more during the quest since you can only carry one of each trap IIRC.

Yep. I always bring two trap tools (that's the limit) and two thunder bugs because when I need to trap the first one all too often gets screwed over.

So been farming Seregios solo all day. Fun monster but goddamn is it hard to get him into a trap. I usually like to trap once right off the bat so I can fill my Demon gauge right off the bat and keep it for most of the fight, and it works well for the most part. But I swear Seregios can see it and actively avoids it. Part of it I guess is that fact that he rarely ever just walks forward, mostly he seems to just side hop all over the place.

Also, his status effect (is it just called bleeding?) is fucking brutal. Get hit with it in a bad spot and it's basically a coinflip as to whether you survive or not. Luckily it's pretty easy to avoid but I imagine Grank Seregios can apply it more readily.

I do have a question which I couldn't find easily. I'm a completely new DB user (used mostly Switch Axe and Hammer in 3U) and some DBs have two different elements. Right now I'm using Cool Cleavers for Seregios which is 180 Frost and 140 Water. How is this damage applied? Does it just do separate damage for Raw and each element multiplied by the sharpness, so it's basically additive? That seems like, incredibly good so my instinct tells me it must not work like that.

Also, just had something kind of weird happen to me. I walked into my house to check the element values for the weapon above and there was that weird ass funky cat with the afro (what's his deal anyway?) I closed the 3DS, type the post and then opened it again and now he's gone. The OST in the background even changed back to the regular theme too. Kinda creepy lol.

LProtag

I beat Gore Magala!

I didn't do very well, haha. I carted once and it took me like 20+ minutes I think.

Still feels like a bit of an accomplishment for my first MH. I have to kill it again though because I'm a scale and a shell away from getting my new sword...

Salaadin

I need vermin, pinnacle, and bird coins. I know these come from arena but how do I unlock more monsters to fight? I only have 2

melos

Anybody willing to help me out with the Shagaru magala urgent quest to rank up to 7? If you need to rank up I'd be more than happy to repay the favor!

52-7852-1715-1393

is it just me or is it harder to break off parts in this game? Been trying to chop off that Gore Magala tail so I can get the item but I always kill him before it ever comes off. Already at the 5 star quests and haven't broken off anything from any monster i've faced so far.

Edit: 3 Direct Max Charge Blade attacks to the tail and still nothing. Ending up killing Gore Again before it came off -.-

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Anyone else finding Rathian way easier in this game? Low-rank Rathian, at least. Just took out my first MH4 one and didn't have to use anything more than two First-Aid Meds.

Or maybe the Insect Glaive is just super good. :lol

Anyone else finding Rathian way easier in this game? Low-rank Rathian, at least. Just took out my first MH4 one and didn't have to use anything more than two First-Aid Meds.

Or maybe the Insect Glaive is just super good. :lol

I found most of the low-rank stuff pretty easy in this game, though to be fair this is only the second MH game I'm playing seriously so I'm probably just better at the game. Also the Glaive really does just chew through monsters. I wish there were some better ones for early-mid high rank. The best one I've used is the Gore Magala Glaive but I don't think it gets much blue sharpness even with sharpness +1.

Eusis

Starting a Gathering Hall to deal with HR1 crap. Gathering Hall ID is 59-5755-6045-8306 is and the Passcode is 2587.

EDIT: Actually, a fully open room may work better. Gathering Hall ID is 70-2098-9948-6172

Good hunts to Davos and Fitzcarald, I don't know your gaf names but it was fun. Thanks for playing with Mr Fahrenheit and I!

Getting comfortable with the CB, it's a really cool weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom