• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sane_Man

I'm definitely going to need a bunch of Gaf friends. I tried online a few times for the first time with some randoms and it hasn't gone well. People are just quitting constantly, ruining my mounts on enemies, etc. Frustrating! It's easy solo so far...

Alright, system transfer done and MH4U is downloading. It took me a while to figure out the screws on the back don't come out completely :p. I also messed up my screen protector on the big screen because the instructions were wrong... Guess I'll just peel it off, the touch screen is the one that gets scratched the easiest anyway.

Leiru

God the desire sensor is as strong as ever. I have to deliver 5 choice mushrooms and 1 unique mushroom. I have 1 choice mushroom and 5 unique mushrooms.

ys45

So how's the communication in the game ?
On the Wii I was playing with a usb KB, is there a KB in the game to type text ?

I will add myself on the list when I finally get the game.

Exile20

I'm definitely going to need a bunch of Gaf friends. I tried online a few times for the first time with some randoms and it hasn't gone well. People are just quitting constantly, ruining my mounts on enemies, etc. Frustrating! It's easy solo so far...

Ye, there are going to be a ton os new players so you will have to slog through it untill you get a certain level that people actually know what they are doing. I was afraid of this.

It is great that there are a bunch of new players but MH is not new player friendly.

So how's the communication in the game ?
On the Wii I was playing with a usb KB, is there a KB in the game to type text ?

I will add myself on the list when I finally get the game.

There's a touchscreen keyboard in the online lobby, but you can only use preset messages during hunts.

Lizardus

Well shit.

I ordered from MH4U CE and MM edition 3DSXL from EBGames and they won't be here until the 19th!!!.

Are you able to transfer the data from digital version to physical?

Sane_Man

Ye, there are going to be a ton os new players so you will have to slog through it untill you get a certain level that people actually know what they are doing. I was afraid of this.

It is great that there are a bunch of new players but MH is not new player friendly.

Yeah, it's hard to get too mad at them (except the quitters). It'd be nice if people saved online til they had mastered the basic techniques though.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Are you able to transfer the data from digital version to physical?

Don't believe that's possible. Only physical->digital as far as I am aware. Best to wait or sell off the game carts when they arrive if you stick to digital.

dubq

Just picked up my bundle :D
Now I first have to do a system transfer and redownload the game D:

How does this work with the special consoles that have the game pre-installed? Do you have a code to apply to your account so that you can redownload the game..?

I only ask because I'm (hopefully) going to be doing the same thing later on today. :)

Kinsei

Banned
How does this work with the special consoles that have the game pre-installed? Do you have a code to apply to your account so that you can redownload the game..?

I only ask because I'm (hopefully) going to be doing the same thing later on today. :)

So long as you don;t create a new Nintendo ID before doing the system transfer the game will become part of your account. At that point just go to the game on the eshop and download it free of charge.

Scher

Alright, I wanted to get clarification on the transfer process from an old 3DS to the MH edition of the new 3DS, since I'm super worried about losing the game. If I understand correctly, as long as I don't create an account on the new 3DS, I should be able to redownload the game on there after I transfer from my old 3DS? Like, I would just follow the normal process to transfer and then I'd be able to redownload MH4?

Edit: Nevermind, I guess the answer is right above me!

dubq

So long as you don;t create a new Nintendo ID before doing the system transfer the game will become part of your account. At that point just go to the game on the eshop and download it free of charge.

Doesn't the system transfer overwrite the pre-installed game, though?

all this talk about how good the combat is, all the weapons & monsters, the online play, and noone mentions you get a lil pet pig in your room you can dress up as a cowboy and pet? keeping the best stuff a secret eh

Moondrop

Banned
Playing with new players who aren't so good isn't so bad when you're still new yourself. It could even be great fun back in the Tri days when it seemed so many were new to the series. I plan to play with GAF in time once we're all G rank but I will be pugging it up, for good and bad, until then.

Kolma

So let me get this straight...
The Collector's Edition I bought won't give me the free theme..
And the digital copy that comes with my MonHun XL arriving monday won't have the free theme either?

WHAT THE F**K

wiibomb

And the digital copy that comes with my MonHun XL arriving monday won't have the free theme either?

WHAT THE F**K

this is what truly bothers me.. If I have the digital game, why I cannot have the free theme?

WHAT THE F**K

You got a nice statue and a nice collector's edition, what's the problem?

I actually understand the problem.

Plumpman

Does anyone know if there is any good trade-up deals for 3DSXL -> MonHunBundle 3DSXL? Can't wait to jump in, haven't played since Freedom Unite!

JMPerona

Well, now that I have the game in my hands Im a little afraid of it. Its going to be too big for me? Will it be capable of engage me? Not sure... but I will try it. I need to read good tutorials and guides for beginners. Im always afraid of making things wrong in the beginning... should I choose this weapon? Shoul I make this thing.. Not easy, no.

Are there any differences performance/loading time-wise between the digital and physical versions?

If it's the same as previous games, in terms of load times there isn't really a difference. Save times are massively improved on the digital version compared to physical.

Here's a video showing the differences (not on MH4U though): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXup1IT6PcY

*Edit*
Well, now that I have the game in my hands Im a little afraid of it. Its going to be too big for me? Will it be capable of engage me? Not sure... but I will try it. I need to read good tutorials and guides for beginners. Im always afraid of making things wrong in the beginning... should I choose this weapon? Shoul I make this thing.. Not easy, no.

Don't worry too much about "making the wrong thing" in the beginning. For starters, they give you every basic weapon to start. Just experiment with each of them a bit until you find one which clicks. Be sure to use the weapon guide if you need help understanding how to use it, or its combos. Plus, if you decide you want something else, it's all about just getting the materials for it, so you're never truly "locked in" to something and have it be unable to change. You can make whatever you want, whenever you want, and many times there's no singular choice for something. A sweet weapon you've been using for 10 hours may suddenly be super ineffective on a new monster, forcing you to make something new which is powerful against it. That's just the game. :)

Emitan

832649ebb3.jpg

this face tho

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
does it come with a nice instruction manual?

There's a card in the box that instructs you to hit the manual button on the 3DS to get to the digital manual. Preeeeetty nice...

Tremis

This man does his research.
I'm probably an idiot for asking this again, but I'm paranoid about it.

I'm getting a MH n3ds.

I'm assuming I login with my old NNID for the new unit, then do the transfer from my old 3ds.

Is that right? The previous instructions say not to use a new ID, but I was confused whether this is saying to not connect any NNID at all (including my old one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom