• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Download's way too big and I wouldn't have much space left, so I ordered this off GameStop.com which had some in stock...apparently it should get here by Monday or so.

Can't wait. I need to redownload the demo and try it out some more though on the N3DS in the meantime.

Cerity

Ugh, that 8 star caravan khezu hunt.

Full health
Red one appears
Red one roars, white one does its 3x thunderball thing, stunning me
Red one body slams me, white one roars and then red one electrocharges me
Cart.

Full health
Follow the white one into the next area
Red one follows and flinches me through wind pressure
White one discharges, stunning me.
Cats hit me out of it but the red one starts throwing around balls of electricity stunning me
White one discharges
Cart :(

Luckily I managed to finish it, when the white one was low health the red one would follow it pretty much immediately.

Before release people were saying Longsword isn't good for multiplayer because it's easy to hit your teammates. But I never see anybody getting staggered or knocked away even when someone is using the Spirit Combo. Is it more team-friendly than it was in 3U or am I just lucky?

Whelp, its been about 80 hours of playtime that i have inserted in this game

I really need to stop, but goddamn its so addicting i can't stop. My luck with low rank which was pretty shitty with all the rare drops not dropping are now skyrocketing in high rank. Currently making the Silver Rathalos armor. Damn this guy man, he is so broken.

Seregios Armor is pretty damn neato with the Switch Axe. 10/10 would recommend

Just did my urgent to get into HR5.

Holy fucking shit Pink Rathian is no longer a hilarious pushover. Her new moves close off several of the old openings. I especially hate the bite flamethrower.

Scher

Holy fucking shit Pink Rathian is no longer a hilarious pushover. Her new moves close off several of the old openings. I especially hate the bite flamethrower.

The bite is what always gets me on pink rathian. I keep trying to remind myself not to roll right, but I still roll right!

That bite flamethrower at least now no longer makes the raths look hilariously easy to dodge. And yeah, it certainly covers way more spacing than it did in MH3U

Elija2

Holy crap, that first battle with the Daimyo Hermitaur totally caught me off-guard. I nearly failed the mission. I guess that means it's time to replace my armour.

Eusis

Anyone up for some HR2 stuff? Probably a bit late now, but I would like to get some nicer stuff and just cruise through the main game.

Anyone up for some HR2 stuff? Probably a bit late now, but I would like to get some nicer stuff and just cruise through the main game.

Can't now, but I need some people who understand what a capture quest is to help me with the HR2 capture quest. I think that's the last one I need before the urgent.

Okay guys a question because I find this weird. HR 7 related.

I finished yesterday some keys:
Advanced: Grim Tidings
Advanced: Teostra Tangle

or I thought so. First one is unfinished for whatever reason and the second one isn't even in my list.

Before release people were saying Longsword isn't good for multiplayer because it's easy to hit your teammates. But I never see anybody getting staggered or knocked away even when someone is using the Spirit Combo. Is it more team-friendly than it was in 3U or am I just lucky?
LS and CB are knocking me over and over.

Is it possible to get Grinder Jewels in Low Rank? It only takes Aquaglow, G. Jaggi Claw, and Machalite ore to make so I'd assume it would be but I dont see it and I have all the items.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Awwwww yes Brachydios fight music is back

Honestly, I still think I find him more interesting than GM, at least at low rank. He just does more fun stuff

Good huntan with you earvcunanan, burgerdog, and pancakes!

Do wish I had gotten in on that. You people are hunting maniacs.

Also Eusis, I'm in the room, IGN is Claire. Happy to hang out until you get back (though I do find it a little dumb you can't join stuff in-progress ad-hoc).

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This ship battle is unfathomly bad. The game is all about reacting intelligently but there is no way to do that when you can't read any of its moves because it is sitting on your face. Is there some way to make the camera zoom way the fuck out when it jumps on the deck? I can't see shit and it keeps getting me knocked down which then gets me knocked out. It's so bad and uses so many resources that I'm thinking of intentionally losing just so I can quit to retry without watching all the cutscenes. I wish I could tell my palico to load the ballistas instead of prancing around like a dumbass.

Eusis

Man, we definitely need a better chat solution. Well, I use Skype, maybe that information should be in the OP list?

Raide

This ship battle is unfathomly bad. The game is all about reacting intelligently but there is no way to do that when you can't read any of its moves because it is sitting on your face. Is there some way to make the camera zoom way the fuck out when it jumps on the deck? I can't see shit and it keeps getting me knocked down which then gets me knocked out. It's so bad and uses so many resources that I'm thinking of intentionally losing just so I can quit to retry without watching all the cutscenes. I wish I could tell my palico to load the ballistas instead of prancing around like a dumbass.

Is that the first ship attack?

Unicorn

It's bad. Don't know why they decided that was a good idea.

Qurupeke

Finally reached Zinogre. Certainly one of the greatest fights. The fact that you can (try) to mount its powered up form makes the battle even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom