• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilium

Any bow users? I want to try it out but there is a serious lack of good armor for it so far. What are you guys using?

velociprey in low rank, tetsu s in high rank so far. really needed the +50hp and def bonus. monster hit gunner hard in high rank. :\
not sure what i want after that, there aren't really that many essential skills for bow users, and those that are tend to be pretty rare, so there's not really much choice on what sets to get later on.

Kensuke

YOU CAN GO UP TO HR 60?!

What? How?

Secretly, you're probably already HR20. The thing is that the old man at the counter has decided to cap you hunter rank. Once you do a certain quest in HR7, he will uncap it for you, revealing your true hunter rank. I jumped from HR7 to HR55.

You gain hunter points for every quest you do in both single- and multiplayer. Leveling up your rank unlocks new missions, like Fatalis.

Once you reach the final tier of quests you start earning HR points for every quest you do. Accumulate enough points and you go up to the next HR. I'm pretty sure the max HR is 999.

giphy.gif

But the next HR is the same monsters over and over? Nevermind.

Secretly, you're probably already HR20. The thing is that the old man at the counter has decided to cap you hunter rank. Once you do a certain quest in HR7, he will uncap it for you, revealing your true hunter rank. I jumped from HR7 to HR55.

You gain hunter points for every quest you do in both single- and multiplayer. Leveling up your rank unlocks new missions, like Fatalis.

Oh, ok. Thanks.

Kinsei

Banned

Oh, it happens as early as HR7? That's good to know. For some reason I thought you had to reach G3*

Holy shit, I just killed a
Shagaru Magala
in less than 15 minutes on my first try and all I had was the basic low Rank Insect Glaive. I can't believe how powerful this weapon is once you learn about the juices.

jorgejjvr

Anyone want to do some HR5 quests for me and help me rank up? I just beat the campaign completely and want to hop into online.

-Alternis

sonicmj1

I feel like I'm taking it really slowly compared to everyone else here, still sitting at HR2 and just encountering Congalala for the first time. Maybe it's just because I started a few days behind. I've decided to leave the Charge Blade behind and explore Great Sword and Hunting Horn. The Horn is very fun to use with my Velociprey Balloon. It looks so goofy, even if the song selection is kinda limited.

My main question at the moment has to do with armor for Hunting Horn. Bone Armor is cheap and has Maestro, but the defense is so damn weak that I feel like a liability when I play online, because just a hit or two takes out a lot of my health.

Should I focus on just crafting a bunch of those +2 Maestro gems so I can socket the skill onto some other, better armor set?

Kensuke

I feel like I'm taking it really slowly compared to everyone else here (or maybe it's just starting a few days behind), but I've decided to leave the Charge Blade behind and explore Great Sword and Hunting Horn. The Horn is very fun to use with my Velociprey Balloon. It looks so goofy, even if the song selection is kinda limited.

My main question at the moment has to do with armor for Hunting Horn. Bone Armor is cheap and has Maestro, but the defense is so damn weak that I feel like a liability when I play online, because just a hit or two takes out a lot of my health.

Should I focus on just crafting a bunch of those +2 Maestro gems so I can socket the skill onto some other, better armor set?

At some point you probably should yes. There are very few armors that have the maestro skill. You just have to get lucky and find a talisman with a few points into maestro. You can then gem the rest.

I feel like I'm taking it really slowly compared to everyone else here, still sitting at HR2 and just encountering Congalala for the first time. Maybe it's just because I started a few days behind. I've decided to leave the Charge Blade behind and explore Great Sword and Hunting Horn. The Horn is very fun to use with my Velociprey Balloon. It looks so goofy, even if the song selection is kinda limited.

Don't sweat armor skills in LR, it's so easy and over so fast that it's hardly worth caring about.

Mupod

finally tried out some online, framerate is really rough but I managed. Was already HR3 from soloing, but I managed to bang out some meat and fish upgrade quests in 3*. HBG is as nasty as ever although I wasted a lot of time in the first hunt trying to paralyze Tigrex. For some reason 12 shots didn't do the trick.

Still really miss having voice chat and a keyboard. And rooms/lobbies. Guess I'll have to find people to play with locally...

Busaiku

Took forever to get the 4 Kut-ku Ears, but now I've got Attack Up (L) and Fire Attack with no drawbacks.
Like it more than the Tetsucabra armor too.

Took forever to get the 4 Kut-ku Ears, but now I've got Attack Up (L) and Fire Attack with no drawbacks.
Like it more than the Tetsucabra armor too.

Am I insane that I never ever get an armour that has an elemental attack boost? Is it worth it to move over entirely to one element type or what? The only thing is I'll gem in bombardier for the boost to the blast or slime weapons.

Busaiku

Am I insane that I never ever get an armour that has an elemental attack boost? Is it worth it to move over entirely to one element type or what? The only thing is I'll gem in bombardier for the boost to the blast or slime weapons.

If you don't have weapons that have Elemental affinity, it wouldn't help.
My Kinsect is all Fire right now though, so it definitely helps.

Any bow users? I want to try it out but there is a serious lack of good armor for it so far. What are you guys using?
Low rank I used the Scylla Armor (can't remember full name, but the spider armor). Just got to high rank in SP, not sure where I'll go now. I focus more on making weapons first, then armors, cause hey, you shouldn't be getting hit anyways :p

Doesn't help I still get walloped though :D

Mupod

well, it's pretty much a freebie on that armor. But if you get heavily into SnS, DS or bowguns it's worth looking into situational elemental sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom