• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Banned
Speaking of Khenzu, can anyone agree that the red subspecies doesn't feel any different at all? Honestly it feels like I'm fighting an alternate costume more than a subspecies. What difference does the red one have?

It can stretch out it's neck while walking. It's more of a change than the Kut-Ku, Gypceros, and Congalala subspecies.

Kane1345

I complained about farming Rathalos for 2 or 3 hours the other day then earlier I looked for a Rathalos room on a whim. First hunt I got 2 plates then I got rubies back to back

aLc9Vm1.gif

What the hell lol. You must be the luckiest hunter in the world

It can stretch out his neck while walking. It's more of a change than the Kut-Ku, Gypceros, and Congalala subspecies.

Gyp has stronger poison, I know that, but what's the difference between the other two? I can't tell any at all other than a general increase in toughness.

Kinsei

Banned
Gyp has stronger poison, I know that, but what's the difference between the other two? I can't tell any at all other than a general increase in toughness.

Nothing as far as I can tell. They're just relics from the past when subspecies were just recolors with higher attack, speed, and a more potent status ailment.

MrPanic

Hey bros. I bought the new 3ds yesterday and my save file worked transferee no problem but my friend list is wiped. I need to do a system transfer for that?
A system transfer will bring your old 3ds' friendlist over.

That's it?! Seriously?!

EDIT: Doesn't that mean that you can get a basarios guild quest and you need high rank, you can level out of it and gotta go get a new one?
Not sure what you mean, but guild quest level up each time you do them. Low rank guild quests turn high rank at lv31 and those turn G-rank at lv76. So for example, if you're low rank and you level the quest over lv31, you can't do it anymore until you turn high rank yourself or find a lower level quest. Did that answer your question?

PKrockin

So, what are your least favorite monsters? As of late, I've been disliking the Khenzu >.< I'm a charge blade weirder, and I'm not the type to hit once and run. Therefore, I often find myself in a rather long two hit combo (either to charge my blade, or the two hit burst in the axe) only for the Khenzu to hit me with his stationary lighting attack. I hate it XD

How about you guys?

-Alternis

Hard to choose.

• Khezu is some sort of fat featherless chicken-looking garbage, not nearly as cool as Gigginox, much more slow and boring, yet equally annoying. Extremely easy and yet easy to die to because of its propensity for paralysis comboing you, making it extra frustrating.
  • Cephadrome is completely worthless. Exactly the same as the small monster Cephalos. Also possibly the most aggravating monster to fight besides Plesioth.
  • Velocidrome/Iodrome/Gendrome basically have two attacks: hop on you and scratch you. At least the Great Jaggi family has tail spins and hip checks that are somewhat different, yet they brought back the dromes for some reason.
  • Gravios is a slow, boring punching bag with nothing unique about it. It's as generic a rock type monster as you could make in this series.
  • Gypceros tends to do nothing but charge back and forth especially in rage mode, and flash you once in a while. It also animates terribly, going straight from idle to charge animations and charge to tail swing animations with no animation connecting them. This is kind of shared with a lot of old monsters I think though.
  • Yian Kut-Ku is a worse Qurupeco, although it is kind of cute I guess.
I guess what I'm realizing here is that most of the gen 1 monsters suck (I'm sorry, MH vets). It seems like the monster design only got better with time.

I complained about farming Rathalos for 2 or 3 hours the other day then earlier I looked for a Rathalos room on a whim. First hunt I got 2 plates then I got rubies back to back

aLc9Vm1.gif

We did the Pink Rathian like three times last night and I got rubies from two of the hunts

Feels good to be blessed

Owensboro

Anyone interested in clearing out all 2* guild quests? I'm getting burned out single player farming and need some good Ole Co-op. Hunting Horn user here.

jorgejjvr

Now let's turn things around. What are your FAVORITE monsters? For me it's definitely Zinogre and it's subspecies. The whole fight is so fast paced, his animations are great, and his theme is incredible to me.

Fandangox

Now let's turn things around. What are your FAVORITE monsters? For me it's definitely Zinogre and it's subspecies. The whole fight is so fast paced, his animations are great, and his theme is incredible to me.

Zinogre, Brachy, and Queen Seltas are really fun. The music in the first two is fantastic as well. I really never get tired of fighting Brachy.

Qurupeke

Yep, easily one of the best designs and fights out there.

Kinsei

Banned

Shagaru Magala
Seltas Queen
Brachydios
Zamtrios
Kirin
Zinogre
Yian Garuga

I'm also guessing I'll love the subspecies of the monsters on that list, Akantor, Ukanlos, and Seregios.

Zamtrios and Zinogre.

Zamtrios has a cool design and the twist is absolutely hilarious.

Zinogre is another great design and just a really fun fight. I farmed it the most in 3U and I still don't get tired of it. I love how aggressive it is.

Kane1345

Zinogre
obviously :p
and I like Nerscylla and Kecha too

Neonsands

Neo Member

So far it's the Najarala. It's a really fun fight as a bow user.

Hey everyone.
I've been playing since Monday and I am loving MH4U. My first game was MH3U, so I've made better decisions here than in that game (but I'm still not pro). So far, I have killed Basarios in an Urgent Caravan Quest (took place in the Expedition area though) and I am loving the Charge Blade. That weapon is my main alongside the Hammer, and I'm going to try the Insect Glaive soon and maybe the Light Bow.
I have never done online in MH3U and doing it now with my friends in MH4U resulted in me being tossed around by the Seltas Queen since I'm way behind in progress compared to my friends (one of them is already at HR4). Right now I'm just doing Caravan Quests until I feel that I'm ready to do more hunting online.
Any tips before I get into online hunting?

tuffy

I guess what I'm realizing here is that most of the gen 1 monsters suck (I'm sorry, MH vets). It seems like the monster design only got better with time.
I was thinking the same thing. The dromes are so primitive that I have no idea why they didn't just bring back the whole Jaggi-class family which had a lot more personality.
The Rathians are always fun, but perhaps a little too easy. The Rathaloses are a little better for keeping me on my toes - and shooting them out of the sky never gets old.

Kinsei

Banned
Hey everyone.
I've been playing since Monday and I am loving MH4U. My first game was MH3U, so I've made better decisions here than in that game (but I'm still not pro). So far, I have killed Basarios in an Urgent Caravan Quest (took place in the Expedition area though) and I am loving the Charge Blade. That weapon is my main alongside the Hammer, and I'm going to try the Insect Glaive soon and maybe the Light Bow.
I have never done online in MH3U and doing it now with my friends in MH4U resulted in me being tossed around by the Seltas Queen since I'm way behind in progress compared to my friends (one of them is already at HR4). Right now I'm just doing Caravan Quests until I feel that I'm ready to do more hunting online.

Don't attack a monster when someone is mounting it.
Don't attack your teammates unless they are running straight for a part of the monster you've been attacking.
When you join a room don't rush and post a quest. Let the person that created the room, or the people that have been there a while post a couple quests first.

Kane1345

Hey everyone.

1. DON'T hit a monster when it's being mounted.
2. Have FUN :D

jorgejjvr

How do you unlock the low rank Gore Magala quest with high rank rewards? How do you unlock high rank Gore Magala and the other key quests for HR5 online? Finally, what's a S. Zinogre Umbrage? The high rank version of a sky emerald?

Kensuke

I've been insanely lucky with drops. So much so I first though drop rates had been increased.

Low rank Gore, 3 plates. 1 from tail, 1 from shiny. 1 from rewards.
High rank Rathalos, 2 rubies. 1 from tail, 1 from carving.
High rank Deviljho, 2 gems. Both from rewards.
G rank Rathalos, 2 mantles. Both from rewards.
G rank Shagaru, Ukanlos, Akantor, Rathian. Only fought them once and got gem/mantle from them right away.
Chameleos, quit the fight via subquest and got large elder dragon gem as a reward (2%, lol).

The list goes on and on. The only thing I've farmed so far is the Gore mantle, and that only took about 4 kills. The only monster I don't have rare stuff from is Brachy. All my MonHun friends hate me. This makes up for 3U though, where I was always very unlucky.

Kinsei

Banned
How do you unlock the low rank Gore Magala quest with high rank rewards? How do you unlock high rank Gore Magala and the other key quests for HR5 online? Finally, what's a S. Zinogre Umbrage? The high rank version of a sky emerald?

It's the high rank Stygian Zinogre rare drop. No clue about the other questions.

CrovaxPSO

I was thinking about buying this but kept talking myself out of it, but found myself at a Target that actually had a copy left in stock so I figured what the heck and bought it. I played the Wii release of MH3 and enjoyed it but never really got too deep in.

So far I've cleared the first encounter with the Gore Magala and I'm using full Tetsucabra armor and a Lupine Katana long sword. Haven't had much trouble so far defeating monsters, but I do seem to have trouble breaking parts for the sub-objectives. I mount a few times and try my best to hit the part, but can never seem to break it before the monster is killed.

Also, I've been mostly playing the offline story quests, only jumping online to farm the last few monster parts to make armor/weapons. I'm not really sure when I should start working on guild quests to increase my rank.

Raide

A little late but got home from work and after a quick kill, I just made the Scylla Fist bow. Really need to work on the next armour set as well.

Just got the first egg quest done.. Lost the urge to play anymore and stopped to take a break. I'm hoping I can just skip the rest of the egg quests =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom