• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototype

I'd probably be G Rank by now, but I keep upgrading weapons and seeing armors I want in high rank.. I know I shouldn't spend too much time in high, but I'm having too much fun as it is.

As a bonus, I have tons of mats like honey, various ore, bugs galore, ect.

ilium

Wycoon: "Thanks to you, I have more carts with which to conduct the wheeling and the dealing."

Is Wycoon a relative of Gavlan?

89HANHg.gif

curious if this is in the japanese game as well, or the localization team having fun.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So is there a list of all the ways the village quests are interlinked to each other?

I kinda just wanna finish the 8 star and 9 star quests today by just doing key's and urgents but I'm worried I'll miss a few unlocks.

I have a list of all the quests that improve street cook food but nothing else.

Filth

Should I always be charging my shield with the Charge Blade? I always use my phials on axe attacks instead but I'm wondering if that's inefficient.

The amount of damage you do with the red shield and 5 charges + the x+a axe move is insane. It literally is so strong that the energy flys forward and hits other targets. It's like cyclops optic blast super on steroids.

LProtag

I haven't even gone online yet. I'm around 5* in the caravan quests. Should I consider doing the LR guild stuff soon?

Is there anyone else who's still HR1 and wants to try some of those quests out? I'd like to play with other people, but I don't really want them to just carry me through the game as a new player, haha.

tuffy

I haven't even gone online yet. I'm around 5* in the caravan quests. Should I consider doing the LR guild stuff soon?

Is there anyone else who's still HR1 and wants to try some of those quests out? I'd like to play with other people, but I don't really want them to just carry me through the game as a new player, haha.
That's about where I am, after having put off those early Guild Quests in favor of doing the offline stuff. I probably should get around to cleaning out some of the low rank ones at least.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Alright gonna try this Zinogre again, let's do this. Thanks for all the tips!

Raide

Regular Rathian down. She is certainly not as terrifying as when I first met her back in Tri. Knowing what is coming up really helps out. :D

Kinsei

Banned
I just finished my Seregios urgent and it's now my favorite monster in the series. Holy shit that fight is amazing.

So uh, how many 9* quests do I have to do before Azure Rathalos shows up? I'm still in low rank armor and I'd like to make a high rank set.

KHlover

Banned
Question: Is the quest "Party Pants" in HR5 against a single Rathalos only? I can't do the quest yet, but I need Rathalos stuff for my weapon and all other quests only seem to be in combination with other monsters.

Would be nice if someone with this quest joined

52-1280-8755-5603 (PW 4321), otherwise we'll have to do "Pyres Beware" :/

ilium

I don't get it. Just the pun/joke? or is there some cultural/social implication?

it's similar to what a popular dark souls 2 npc says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHvudgB-nsY

I just finished my Seregios urgent and it's now my favorite monster in the series. Holy shit that fight is amazing.

So uh, how many 9* quests do I have to do before Azure Rathalos shows up? I'm still in low rank armor and I'd like to make a high rank set.

i feel terrible. time to find another game...

Rurunaki

Hello there MHGaf. Just started playing the game and this is my first MH since the PSP one. I was wondering if anyone can direct me to a post or link that will help me with Armor progression (currently rocking Jaggi set). I just want an idea on when to upgrade and to what. Thanks in advance.

KHlover

Banned
Hello there MHGaf. Just started playing the game and this is my first MH since the PSP one. I was wondering if anyone can direct me to a post or link that will help me with Armor progression (currently rocking Jaggi set). I just want an idea on when to upgrade and to what. Thanks in advance.

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/armor/set/all

Excellent site, with all kinds of useful stuff. Basic design, but I don't think there's any website with even a fraction of kiranico's content.

Cerity

started farming gore for it's feelers (need 3 of them for it's CB...) and got another 2 plates from it instead.

Can't even be mad at that.

Kinsei

Banned

What weapon are you using?

For a general purpose set Velociprey or Tetsucabra armor will last you until you reach high rank.

Mupod

I was going to try and farm up a high rank gunner set before fighting Pink Rathian, but I have no respect whatsoever for Rathians so I just fought it in low rank Lagombi gear. It hit me once, and I was left with like 20% hp.
Good thing it only hit me once

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Is there some kind of consensus on the Charge Blade progression in High Rank? I'm just at the beginning of HR and currently use Leidenskraft (LR Shagaru Magala) with the Gore/Ceana armor set (Sharpness+1). Are the Elemental CBs worth forging already or am I better off with the Explosion ones because they are more of an all-round weapon? I've read that raw damage is preferable to elemental damage in general, but I don't see a CB line that is raw damage only that I could build where I'm currently at?

I kind of don't know what makes the most sense to focus on for now other than "just build them all".

Kinsei

Banned
Is there some kind of consensus on the Charge Blade progression in High Rank? I'm just at the beginning of HR and currently use Leidenskraft (LR Shagaru Magala) with the Gore/Ceana armor set (Sharpness+1). Are the Elemental CBs worth forging already or am I better off with the Explosion ones because they are more of an all-round weapon? I've read that raw damage is preferable to elemental damage in general, but I don't see a CB line that is raw damage only that I could build where I'm currently at?

I kind of don't know what makes the most sense to focus on for now other than "just build them all".

Start making elemental CB's with elemental phials. They are generally better than impact CB's.

mjc

God I hate trying to capture this Gendrome. I must have spent more on this quest than any other so far in the game. Twice I got him to limp, and as soon as I lay a trap down he moves areas. Then he doesn't limp again and I kill him on accident.

How come traps aren't able to be picked up after laying them? It's a pain in the ass laying these traps then running out of materials so I have to spend another half hour going and getting thunderbugs or spider webs...

God I hate trying to capture this Gendrome. I must have spent more on this quest than any other so far in the game. Twice I got him to limp, and as soon as I lay a trap down he moves areas. Then he doesn't limp again and I kill him on accident.

How come traps aren't able to be picked up after laying them? It's a pain in the ass laying these traps then running out of materials so I have to spend another half hour going and getting thunderbugs or spider webs...

Try to capture a Seltas then.

KHlover

Banned

Need help? I have Perception +1, so I can tell you exactly when he's able to be caught :D

Ultrabum

Once he limps once he's ready to be captured for the rest of the hunt 99% of the time.

He's walking to a destination just follow him (marked w a paintball) one zone behind till he stops moving for like 15 seconds. Go in the zone and he will be asleep, if he's not exit and wait longer. Put the trap at his feet and throw 2 tranq bombs.

Rurunaki

What weapon are you using?

For a general purpose set Velociprey or Tetsucabra armor will last you until you reach high rank.

I'm using Charge Blade (steel) right now. I'll dabble with Insect Glaive once I get my main up to where I want it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom