• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aka_bueno

I'm probably an idiot for asking this again, but I'm paranoid about it.

I'm getting a MH n3ds.

I'm assuming I login with my old NNID for the new unit, then do the transfer from my old 3ds.

Is that right? The previous instructions say not to use a new ID, but I was confused whether this is saying to not connect any NNID at all (including my old one).
Do NOT log into any NNID on the new system before doing the transfer.

832649ebb3.jpg

this face tho
I also use that face with the giant pompadour on the 2nd hairstyle page and a goatie :p

Sane_Man

I'm trying to get the Velocidrome armor. Does anyone know the easiest way? The only ways I can figure out how are by going on expeditions and hoping I run into him or running online, but I need to smash his face in to get the rarer drops and playing with others makes that more difficult.

I wish there was a solo mission for him. Would make it much easier.

R0ckman

I will be adding everyone on the 3DS googledoc when I get home and complete my transfer to my n3DS, I was not able to do it last night because I went to the midnight launch then went to bed because I got up at 6am for the Majora's Mask LE n3DS Target rush.

BooJoh

this is what truly bothers me.. If I have the digital game, why I cannot have the free theme?

I put in a ticket with Support about this. Not expecting much. I filed it under "New Nintendo 3DS XL - Purchases & Downloads - Can't find downloaded content/game" and said that since I bought the system with the digital game I should be eligible for the free theme, but that there's no receipt in the eShop to get a code from, and also mentioned that I can't even buy the theme as it's not on the theme shop and how disappointing this all is as a big MH fan.

I'm probably an idiot for asking this again, but I'm paranoid about it.

I'm getting a MH n3ds.

I'm assuming I login with my old NNID for the new unit, then do the transfer from my old 3ds.

Is that right? The previous instructions say not to use a new ID, but I was confused whether this is saying to not connect any NNID at all (including my old one).

I know someone else already responded, but quoting for more visibility to the issue.

If you got the MH4U Edition n3DSXL, here's how to transfer:

• Plug in your n3DSXL, turn it on, go through the initial Language/Nickname/Internet Setup and then perform a system update under settings.
  • DO NOT CREATE OR LOG INTO ANY NNID ON THE N3DSXL
  • Choose System transfer on both systems. Follow the steps, you can use Nintendo's guide or the n3DS/Transfers threads here on GAF if you need help.
  • Once your transfer has completed and your n3DS has all of the content from your old 3DS, open the eShop on your n3DS, go to the MH shop page and click Redownload.

EDIT: Incidentally, if you want the "3D Experience" video, you can find that in the eShop under "Redownloadable Software."

Man that first MH4U theme in the shop is amazing. It got the sound effect for opening a box when you open the 3DS from standby and the quest start sound when you start up a game or app.

wiibomb

I'm trying to get the Velocidrome armor. Does anyone know the easiest way? The only ways I can figure out how are by going on expeditions and hoping I run into him or running online, but I need to smash his face in to get the rarer drops and playing with others makes that more difficult.

I wish there was a solo mission for him. Would make it much easier.

Now and then after a successful expedition you might get a quest for a monster, those quest can be completed like a normal quest from the guild and can even be leveled up..

So you can get one from velocidrome and then you can hunt it in everwood like a normal quest

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
You think MH3 will get cheaper on the eshop, now that 4 is out? Also, you think 3 is still worth it to get into the franchise, in case it actually gets cheaper?

kollapse

Neo Member
Man that first MH4U theme in the shop is amazing. It got the sound effect for opening a box when you open the 3DS from standby and the quest start sound when you start up a game or app.

My wallet had hoped the themes ended up being shitty, but my heart is so happy to hear this.

Iztli

Hello everyone :p

I just wanted ask this since I don't own a 3DS.

Is it ok if I buy a 2DS just for this game? Am I missing any important features or controls by going this route? I'm buying it strictly for this game :D

Kolma

Is it ok if I buy a 2DS just for this game? Am I missing any important features or controls by going this route? I'm buying it strictly for this game :D

2DS doesn't has circle pad pro support, you will be completely out of having a right analog for camera control.

Lasdrub

How do you upgrade Palico armor? Capcom provides the parts to make a Mario or Luigi armor set in the most recent update, but I noticed while looking at Ping's MH4U Dex that there is one set of those armors with a rarity of 4 and another that has a rarity of 9. It seems that both sets require 4 Super Mushrooms. Should I hold off on the rarity 4 cat armor and save the mushrooms for the rarity 9 version?

Hellraider

You don't need the second analogue. That's not the problem. The problem is that 2DS is really not worth it hardware-wise even considering its lower price. There are dozens of games to play on the 3DS family. If price really is the problem try getting a used regular 3DSXL. There will be many sellers these days.

hutna

Anything I need to know before I start?

Last game had bugged charm tables, anything like that which would make me reroll?

BooJoh

You think MH3 will get cheaper on the eshop, now that 4 is out? Also, you think 3 is still worth it to get into the franchise, in case it actually gets cheaper?

MH3U has had eShop sales for $20 multiple times. In December it was on sale for $16.

Just got it in. Do I need to worry about charm table timing when creating my character?

I'm not familiar with what exactly charm tables do, but I know other people said it resets when you load the game, not when you create a character. So I assume not.

Ricky 7

2DS would be fine if you don't mind using the touch screen for the second analog stick, although the lock on feature means you won't even need the second analog stick most of the time.

Beats

First few big monsters weren't too much trouble and went down in a couple of minutes, but Kecha took me around ten. > . < Kecha Whappa Hunting Horn looks neat though.

Game is great so far.

Moondrop

Banned
You don't need the second analogue. That's not the problem. The problem is that 2DS is really not worth it hardware-wise even considering its lower price.
What does this even mean? The demo played just fine. 2DS is a great system and I can't wait to get home and hunt with it.

Exuro

I'm not familiar with what exactly charm tables do, but I know other people said it resets when you load the game, not when you create a character. So I assume not.
That's good to know. Thanks.

Also surprised my version came with the felyne pin. Got the one with the green hat with yellow paw. Pretty cute.

I got royally screwed out of playing today.

Gamestop didnt correct my shipping address until THE DAY it was being shipped even though i asked them to do it a month ago...

Now UPS held it to reschedule the shipment. I even tried my best to krep the original address because at least i could have driven to get it. Nope they couldn't do a damn thing since the package still isnt scanned into their system for some odd reason

I dont get it. They both screwed me and i could nt even prevent it after calling multiple times yesterday and today. Im so angry

Palmer_v1

Barry! I thought you were dead...

The charm tables affected what charms you could get. Some optimal builds were impossible without a perfectly statted charm, which meant you had to be in certain tables. Those tables were decided on character creation, and it took a while to figure out which table you were on.

A total pain in the ass. New charm tables are decided every time you load, which is better, but I'm not really sure why they even need different tables at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom