• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lagombi is not only dumb, ugly, useless, boring, basic and reductive, but it also compromises the frame rate.

So basically, nothing changed since MH3U.

Use the stuff you have for things you want now. Things gets obsolete as you progress. Low rank monster parts are rarely needed for high rank gear. Low rank weapons get upgraded into high rank ones. Low rank armor just gets tossed in the bin in favor of high rank armor. If you do need parts later on, it'll be easy to farm with better gear anyway. So you might as well use it.

Ahh, ok, thanks!

Wish you could break normal gear down like with relics. I think I borked my gore IG bug by giving it speed and stem. It's slow as crud and it seems like I'm a ways from upgrading it to a point where it can evolve.

bobohoro

Made it to HR4!

Fought the Mohran like 4 times. First time we killed it outside of the arena so no carves.

Same thing happened to me and a couple of randoms while helping someone rank up an hour ago. I was pretty sure we let it come forward several times to make sure, but the thing still died just inches away from even one possible carve. :/

Oh well, got another earthgem in the rewards and have everything else in large quantities, so I wasn't that mad.

And I still don't have HR armour, getting sidetracked after every quest. Really should get to it, but I feel like a kid in a candy store every time I open the quest menu. So much fun stuff to be done.

Prototype

Anyone know if the charms you choose to meld have an influence on the outcome?

Like , if I meld a bunch of attack charms will I have a higher chance of getting a better attack one? Or is it just random?

Can anyone recommend me a single hunting horn to go for as a backup? The tree, I guess. something good that I can upgrade as a good alternate weapon for party hunting?

aka_bueno

Btw, anyone knows how to directly charge your shield from a phial charge with a charge blade? i can never do it

Have at least one phial loaded (filled white), then charge up your phials to either yellow or red (red gives you more time than yellow though) and go into axe mode and perform a super blast and during the animation, cancel out of it by sheathing and going back into sword+shield mode. The energy will then get stored in your shield.

A shortcut combo for this, after you have phials loaded and have phials charged, would be to attack in sword mode and after an attack > shield attack (X+A) > transform into axe super (X+A again) > cancel super by switching back into sword and shield (R). So it would look like this: attack in sword mode > X+A > X+A > R

Is it worth crafting a wide-range armor setup for SnS at high rank? I feel like making something more supportive the the standard Atk Up/Def Up sets.

XaosWolf

Just beat Urgent Quest Gore Magala on 4* Village.

Carted twice, mostly due to the hitbox on his flying charge move (second one didn't come anywhere near me and I lost a fuck ton of health)

And I'm still wearing the Hunter armour. Really need to upgrade, but I don't know what to.
Any suggestions?

Man, I'm just not feeling Expedition at all.
I loved Free Hunt in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, but this area just feels so bleh.
The way the map connects is annoying. Monster flees and shows up north-east, I head that way and end up somewhere south-west. >=|

Busaiku

Man, I'm just not feeling Expedition at all.
I loved Free Hunt in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, but this area just feels so bleh.

Emalde

Anyone know if the charms you choose to meld have an influence on the outcome?

Like , if I meld a bunch of attack charms will I have a higher chance of getting a better attack one? Or is it just random?

Nope. Completely random.

So for our cat companions, do they too also get different ranked armor like we do?

Yep. Requires progressing in single-player.

Also, I keep seeing people ask "WHERE IS MY KEY QUEST IN THE GATHERING HALL?" so for reference, any quest labeled as "Advanced:" in the GH is not guaranteed to be available for selection every time. Just join a quest and abandon it and it will rotate the available selection, repeat as necessary.

What's the most shameful moment for ya'll in MonHun thus far?

I think I've been lucky up to this point, but one moment nearly put me in a rage: Gyperocs capture mission.

> Gyp limping, shock trap set, gyp caught in trap. Everything's all according to plan.
> I switch to tranqs, and just as I wind up to throw, a fucking Slagtoth strolls right in front of me, intercepting my first two tranq throws.
> I panic but try to roll to the left of him, to get a clear sight of the Gyp
> Third tranq somehow misses, and the fourth finally hits! YES!
> Here comes to final thorooow aaand
>Gyp breaks free milliseconds before it hits.

You gotta be kidding me...

krossj

Made it to High rank on both sections. The single player urgent was epic, enjoyed that battle a lot.

Having jumped on with MH3U I didn't know how much of a bastard Tigrex could be. It might be easier than it was in the earlier games I don't know the opinion on it this turn round but when it goes into dash mode it can be quite the handful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom