• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, Zamtrios is easily the worst of the new monsters to solo, he has an ice beam which inflicts iceblight, he can inflict that snowman status and he can pin you down. Not to mention he has his blob form and spends a bit of time under the ice.

Not looking forward to completing his CB tree.

He seemed pretty easy with SNS. I've never seen his ice beam though, is that a HR only thing? I've only seen him spit up chunks of ice when he is in blob form.

KHlover

Banned
Finally managed to get my HR1 urgent quest done, Nescylla is really cool. Did about a third of the HR2 quests [including gore] already, so those were crossed off of the list automatically, which is nice.

Also thank god for being able to buy potions in HR2, did 5-6 hunts on herbs and first aid.

Herb+Blue Mushroom = Potion :p

PrankT

Check the bottom screen, it will indicate how much your Health and Stamina will increase, if your Attack or Defense or Elemental Resistance will increase, and which food skills you get.

There will be some question marks at first, just try it and then you'll know.

Edit: or was it on the top screen? lawd I've done well over 100 quests and can't remember
Thanks!

Next question. How far can I get with base Velociprey armor and average talent at low rank? I know ymmv, but any clues?

Also, what is a rare expedition? I did one and not sure if it did anything.

Cerity

He seemed pretty easy with SNS. I've never seen his ice beam though, is that a HR only thing? I've only seen him spit up chunks of ice when he is in blob form.

Pretty sure his ice beam is in LR too and he isn't that bad in LR as he dies quick enough.

Another annoying thing with him is that he doesn't really have any obvious tells, when he coils up he's either going to charge, ice beam or do a spin. All of which you don't really want to be near him. I've thought it might be the something like how far he brings his tail in when he does it but I've never had the luxury to just stare and figure it out, I'm always trying to get into a 'safe' position while he constantly readjusts.

XaosWolf

Damn. Wanted the Mosgharl set for now, but for some stupid reason you need High Rank items to make the Low Rank set.

Nova Crystal seems to be a rare drop on top of that.

What the actual fuck.

jorgejjvr

Okay I'll make a room, should I leave it open or pw lock it?
Hmmm I don't see that many people available right now, so I think it would be good to keep it open and post the id here, hopefully people from here join but if not at least anyone can come and help out

And keep it available to include friends too :)

hitmon

Anybody have recommendations for armor sets a less skillful player should aim for? I'm not that far in, only have 2 star quests available currently. Right now it looks like just Jaggi is the best available to me so far.

burgerdog

Hmmm I don't see that many people available right now, so we think it would be good to keep it open and post the id here, hopefully people from here join but if not at least anyone can come and help out

Sounds good, HR3 clean up.
42-2024-1824-3150

Oh Christ. I typed hr4 earlier, sorry I'm in 3.

LProtag

Alright, anyone else not touched the online yet? I'm completely new (well besides 18 or so hours I've put into the game) and still suck. I don't exactly want to team up with a bunch of people who will do all the work for me though.

Shengar

Alright, anyone else not touched the online yet? I'm completely new (well besides 18 or so hours I've put into the game) and still suck. I don't exactly want to team up with a bunch of people who will do all the work for me though.
Well, if you think you still suck and want to improve, you better clear Caravan quests first. It quests are designed for single player with palicoes comrade so they are much easier than gathering hall quests where monster hit harder. Online is easy to catch up since there are many hunters that willing to help.

LProtag

Well, if you think you still suck and want to improve, you better clear Caravan quests first. It quests are designed for single player with palicoes comrade so they are much easier than gathering hall quests where monster hit harder. Online is easy to catch up since there are many hunters that willing to help.

My point was I wanted to try tackling online with some other new-ish players if possible. I'm making my way through the caravan stuff pretty well though, I just thought I'd do the LR online stuff while I'm in LR caravan too.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Anybody have recommendations for armor sets a less skillful player should aim for? I'm not that far in, only have 2 star quests available currently. Right now it looks like just Jaggi is the best available to me so far.

Jaggie is great but I'd aim for the tetsucabra armour set for some of its active skills. Currently I have a Nerscylla set and it's working pretty well for me. Aim for one of those two for now as you're still very early in the game !

Kazerei

Banned
Thanks!

Next question. How far can I get with base Velociprey armor and average talent at low rank? I know ymmv, but any clues?

Also, what is a rare expedition? I did one and not sure if it did anything.

You can get through low rank if you keep upgrading your armor using armor spheres. Upgrading increases defense. If you feel yourself falling behind late in low rank though, feel free to make another armor set with higher base defense.

Some people who are really good make just 1 low rank set, and then the next armor set they make is high rank. It doesn't really matter in the end though.

I think Velociprey set is the best low rank set for melee . You get attack, anti stun and psychic. All useful. Low rank is easy enough anyway.

hitmon

Jaggie is great but I'd aim for the tetsucabra armour set for some of its active skills. Currently I have a Nerscylla set and it's working pretty well for me. Aim for one of those two for now as you're still very early in the game !

Thanks for the advice!

I think Velociprey set is the best low rank set for melee . You get attack, anti stun and psychic. All useful. Low rank is easy enough anyway.

I got to HR4 using that set, gemmed for Attack up M and Detect. Super useful, now it's time to farm for a HR armor. What do y'all suggest? Bout to start a HR4 farming room in about one hour.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I got to HR4 using that set, gemmed for Attack up M and Detect. Super useful, now it's time to farm for a HR armor. What do y'all suggest? Bout to start a HR4 farming room in about one hour.

I just got to HR3 after the epic HR2 urgent quest. God dang !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom