• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHlover

Banned
Ugh, connection error. Still - thanks to the group for Shagaru Magala and my Tigrex quest :D

Edit: Let's give this another try. Anyone interested in doing HR5 keyquest with me?

ID: 43-2976-3484-8632

Condom

Made it to High rank on both sections. The single player urgent was epic, enjoyed that battle a lot.

Having jumped on with MH3U I didn't know how much of a bastard Tigrex could be. It might be easier than it was in the earlier games I don't know the opinion on it this turn round but when it goes into dash mode it can be quite the handful.
Pretty sure tigrex is harder this time around.

I also made it to high rank in single player. First high rank urgent wasn't that tough. It seems that my Zinogre set still provides decent defense.

I'd like to get that Nargacuga set though. Probably one of my favourite designs.

I'm trying to farm the horns but everything is being deflected. What, do we need a blue sharpness?
I just deflect away and use moves that don't deflect like superpound. It takes a while but eventually it breaks. Then I just go for the legs and tail to finish it off.

Demoli

Just beat Urgent Quest Gore Magala on 4* Village.

Carted twice, mostly due to the hitbox on his flying charge move (second one didn't come anywhere near me and I lost a fuck ton of health)

And I'm still wearing the Hunter armour. Really need to upgrade, but I don't know what to.
Any suggestions?

The way the map connects is annoying. Monster flees and shows up north-east, I head that way and end up somewhere south-west. >=|

New arour is a must. default armour is beyond aweful

Velociprey is a good alternative

krossj

Pretty sure tigrex is harder this time around.

Wasn't sure how it was being perceived this time round. Just remember a lot of people discussing it when MH3U was out and it was not included. But yeah, it is probably the monster i've had most trouble with so far.

XaosWolf

New arour is a must. default armour is beyond aweful

Velociprey is a good alternative

Hmm. That should do for now.

Really wanna get my Mosgharl set back that I used in MHP3rd, but Bumblepumpkins are pretty hard to come by in this one. Still need 11.

Any easier way of locating them? A certain duplication area/farm?

You need to progress in SP, then you can duplicate items with a chance of randomly getting Bumplepumpkins when you do.

I got the duplication with the trader, but are any particular farms better for Bumblepumpkins or is it just pure luck?

Hmm. That should do for now.

Really wanna get my Mosgharl set back that I used in MHP3rd, but Bumblepumkins are pretty hard to come by in this one.

Any easier way of locating them? A certain thing duplication area?

You need to progress in SP, then you can duplicate items with a chance of randomly getting Bumplepumpkins when you do.

Salaadin

Im drastically low on Cathanagea seeds and I can't seem to be able to get more. Did 3 expeditions and got only one. Any tips or just bad luck?

Im drastically low on Cathanagea seeds and I can't seem to be able to get more. Did 3 expeditions and got only one. Any tips or just bad luck?
kiranico or the wiki dont really say anything about it. i guess the
desire sensor got you
or you just have really bad luck

PrankT

In 20 hours in and am only HR2 and about to start my first trap quest in single player. I feel I'm behind a bit, but this game is great.

Food question: How do you know what to eat and when? I see ingredients but not sure what they do.

Faiz

I got seeds on my first expedition and then nothin for the next 5. Wycoon's been painful for me.

Cerity

Haven't bothered cathanagea (seeds) tbh, just upgrade and use the wycoon enough times to get the farms to 3*. I'm swimming in stuff now.

Yeah, great fight, armor looks AMAZING and is pretty useful for hunting quests with Hunting-Guru and Trap Master :D

his stuff is even better in high rank. his CB has white sharpness already at the beginning of high rank plus i gemmed in negate poison and health +20 on his armor that has critical eye +1 too

Just beat Egg-straction: Final Mission with like 5 minutes left. Killed both the frenzied Rathalos and Rathian. I had one egg left and broke two different eggs two zones away from the box.

If I ever see another egg...

Just beat Egg-straction: Final Mission with like 5 minutes left. Killed both the frenzied Rathalos and Rathian. I had one egg left and broke two different eggs two zones away from the box.

did you can blow up the rocks that appear on the fast route with large barrel bombs?

XaosWolf

Okay, that was a complete waste of time. Collect 5 Coal.

Found only 2 in the entire map, and Gravios just would not die or have his tail severed.

Did you do it with the Loc Lac equipment for the Transporter skill?

I bought the chest and leg piece specifically for egg missions.

Beats

yeah the ace cadet shows it off during the rescue mission where you repel gore

i didn't realize it till the last egg mission but it saved me a lot of time lol

Dang, I did that quest but I never thought to actually try it myself during a delivery quest. : o

KHlover

Banned
Okay, that was a complete waste of time. Collect 5 Coal.

Found only 2 in the entire map, and Gravios just would not die or have his tail severed.

Yeah, that quest is stupid. In area 3 you have a 25% and 13% chance on each mining attempt to get coal, 41% in area 7 and 25% 13% 13% in area 8. Usually get bombareded with coal, but of course during this quest the game thought it was cool to give lots of ore instead :/

RNG screwjob.

XaosWolf

Yeah, that quest is stupid. In area 3 you have a 25% and 13% chance on each mining attempt to get coal, 41% in area 7 and 25% 13% 13% in area 8. Usually get bombareded with coal, but of course during this quest the game thought it was cool to give lots of ore instead :/

RNG screwjob.

What makes it worse is that the subquest is to sever Gravios's tail, and I can only get a small window of opportunity to hit it due to it being too high even for my switch axe.

His seemingly 50/50 chance of exploding after doing his beam really doesn't leave much time to attack the tail.

Kazerei

Banned
In 20 hours in and am only HR2 and about to start my first trap quest in single player. I feel I'm behind a bit, but this game is great.

Food question: How do you know what to eat and when? I see ingredients but not sure what they do.

Check the bottom screen, it will indicate how much your Health and Stamina will increase, if your Attack or Defense or Elemental Resistance will increase, and which food skills you get.

There will be some question marks at first, just try it and then you'll know.

Edit: or was it on the top screen? lawd I've done well over 100 quests and can't remember

KHlover

Banned
What makes it worse is that the subquest is to sever Gravios's tail, and I can only get a small window of opportunity to hit it due to it being too high even for my switch axe.

His seemingly 50/50 chance of exploding after doing his beam really doesn't leave much time to attack the tail.

I think I ended up just letting myself get killed by Gravios to finish the quest. Rust Shard was worth it.

Second time I started the quest I got bombarded by Coal again. I really hate the RNG sometimes :D

Yian Garuga is the most annoying monster to fight. I'm not even gonna bother wasting more time on it on expeditions till I can get much better gear. All it does is roar stun you and run at you till he flies off.

I don't know how I manage to kill it once.

Cerity

Ugh, Zamtrios is easily the worst of the new monsters to solo, he has an ice beam which inflicts iceblight, he can inflict that snowman status and he can pin you down. Not to mention he has his blob form and spends a bit of time under the ice.

Not looking forward to completing his CB tree.

Finally managed to get my HR1 urgent quest done, Nescylla is really cool. Did about a third of the HR2 quests [including gore] already, so those were crossed off of the list automatically, which is nice.

Also thank god for being able to buy potions in HR2, did 5-6 hunts on herbs and first aid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom