• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soloing offline high-rank is getting a bit boring, so... I'm looking to do the HR2 to 3 urgent and then work through some of HR3.

02-9292-3731-4734

I'm still HR1. Don't worry, you're not too slow.
Dang, are you just working through all of caravan high rank?

Also, would you recommend any outside the box armor sets for SnS user going into high rank? I was thinking maybe something that had wide-rage, or any supportive type skill.

I'm down to help you all with your HR3 stuff to get to HR4. Don't mind slaying Mohran a few more times for parts.
Cool, I may join up then. Otherwise, its caravan Shagaru time!

Beats

I got to HR4 using that set, gemmed for Attack up M and Detect. Super useful, now it's time to farm for a HR armor. What do y'all suggest? Bout to start a HR4 farming room in about one hour.

I made the Najarala armor. It has:

- Capture Master (Increases capture rewards)
- Earplugs (There are enough slots to get HG Earplugs)
- Negate Paralysis

I mostly got it for the first two skills since I like capping and being able to attack monsters during their roars. You can also get Capture Guru if you have a decent Perception talisman. The set was pretty easy to make.

Kinsei

Banned
Dang, are you just working through all of caravan high rank?

Also, would you recommend any outside the box armor sets for SnS user going into high rank? I was thinking maybe something that had wide-rage, or any supportive type skill.

Yep. I always do every single player quest before before going to the multiplayer, even if that means doing G rank quests with high rank gear. The monster Hunter quest in MHFU took me a week to beat because of this.

Sorry, I haven't used SnS seriously since Monster Hunter Freedom.

I got to HR4 using that set, gemmed for Attack up M and Detect. Super useful, now it's time to farm for a HR armor. What do y'all suggest? Bout to start a HR4 farming room in about one hour.

I'm using Velociprey S right now with the LR waist, and have it gemmed out for Attack Up XL and Detect with a Attack+3 charm with one slot. I'll probably rock this one out, especially if I can figure out how to get Handicraft activated, which will likely require a charm/slots.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Village 8 and 9 star quests are seriously draining to solo.

I feel exhausted after each one.

Do I have to do every single one or can I get away with just the urgents and the key quests?

I wanna know which quests to do to unlock wystones. Is there a list out there that tells you that much? I have the wyporium unlocked and rescued the research assistant (obviously otherwise I would have never made it to 9star) but I wanna know which quests unlock stuff.

Kinsei

Banned
Village 8 and 9 star quests are seriously draining to solo.

I feel exhausted after each one.

Do I have to do every single one or can I get away with just the urgents and the key quests?

I wanna know which quests to do to unlock wystones. Is there a list out there that tells you that much? I have the wyporium unlocked and rescued the research assistant (obviously otherwise I would have never made it to 9star) but I wanna know which quests unlock stuff.

http://gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/100066127137/mh4g-how-to-complete-the-wyvern-research-facility

Herb+Blue Mushroom = Potion :p

I know, I know. Had a nice party so didn't really want to leave to go farm potions (boring).
Not an issue anymore though! I'm a happy hunter now.

Also, I made the Poison Battleaxe (SnS). You can upgrade that along the Rathian line all the way to endgame for fire element right?
Edit: Nvm figured it out

JimPanzer

Anyone up for some g-rank later?

also does anyone know if theres another way to get accolades than the 1% drop chance from some quests?

Haha yep. I played a bit too much in the first few days :x
Yeah that was weird, you both dropped at the same time. You coming back Shengar?

I'm being slow and steady. Hit HR5 yesterday, and Shengar accompanied me on HR4 Tetsucabra so I could get a foothold in high rank armors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom