• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

Had a amusing moment with the Rathian. It gotten to the point where it was almost dead, and it started moving to the next area, but me and a friend leap attack at it. I mounted on it and that was like the finishing blow when I was done.XD

Where has this series been all my life? I am two days into ownership and I have sunk more than 16 hours into this bad boy. I haven't fell this hard for a game in a long while.

Love the lack of hand holding while at the same time really rewarding you for making your way in the world. Feels like a less dour Dark Souls at times or a richly challenging MMO at others. So goooooood.

Is there a weapon upgrade guide anywhere for this?

edit: found the wikia. but it doesn't display sharpness rates for MH4U.
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH4U:_Weapons
or
http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u

Is there a go-to MH4 beginner's guide y'all recommend?
ProJared posted a beginner's guide just the other day:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COPPOlXi2j8

Alternatively, everything GaijinHunter posts is helpful: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA

PKrockin

Joined my first online room. It was me (Horn) and three Insect Glaives. They all just kept vaulting over the monster repeatedly and when anyone mounted it the rest kept wailing on the monster, knocking him off.

So, exactly what I expected.

Joined my first online room. It was me (Horn) and three Insect Glaives. They all just kept vaulting over the monster repeatedly and when anyone mounted it the rest kept wailing on the monster, knocking him off.

I vault too much too. S-Sorry GAF.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Can somebody tell me what is the point of expeditions? It seems to be designed to annoy with its various conditions. Putting two monsters together who will gang up on you. Then, a time constraint in which a monster can flee at any time so you are really rushing to try to kill one of tnem. Meanwhile, the second one's time limit is also counting down so you have to do ypue best to get that one too. Then, the map is unstable so new monsters can appear as well. I just did an expedition where I fought a yuan kut and spider together but the spider got away. Then I went to the next map and the monkey and spider showed up together. What the hell?

How do I trade with the Veggie Elder? I have the item to trade him, but he won't offer to trade.

Edit: trying to trade drugged meat for plasioth scale

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Hey, I was in a full HR7 room and someone was still attacking while a mount was on.

Card Boy

Banned
For my Incurviscera (Long Sword) should i go down Incurviscera+ or Daito Raven path?

ZCgxiYQ.png

PKrockin

Hey, I was in a full HR7 room and someone was still attacking while a mount was on.
lol. I expect people will learn that at some point. But three people just repeatedly hopping over a Velocidrome was pretty hilarious. Is this Monster Hunter or Cirque du Soleil?

As a horn, I'm going to leave the mounting to other people anyway because I get a moment to refresh songs for free.

Teknoman

60-6278-2803-7073

Pass: 1111

I'm gonna go on some HR4 gathering quests really quick.

HR4? Damn i'm falling behind >_<

Can somebody tell me what is the point of expeditions? It seems to be designed to annoy with its various conditions. Putting two monsters together who will gang up on you. Then, a time constraint in which a monster can flee at any time so you are really rushing to try to kill one of tnem. Meanwhile, the second one's time limit is also counting down so you have to do ypue best to get that one too. Then, the map is unstable so new monsters can appear as well. I just did an expedition where I fought a yuan kut and spider together but the spider got away. Then I went to the next map and the monkey and spider showed up together. What the hell?

Challenge mode randomness? Kinda like the chalice dungeons coming in Bloodborne, or even a roguelikeish mode I guess?

Probably better to do it online the harder it gets.

How do I trade with the Veggie Elder? I have the item to trade him, but he won't offer to trade.

Edit: trying to trade drugged meat for plasioth scale

Oh, I read the chart wrong, You trade the scale for drugged meat. How useless lol. You get plasioth scales from the fishing game in sunsnug isle.

So what's a good armor set to pick up after the first set? I'm still using the first set that I've upgraded once.

Really anything works fine honestly. I went with the Nerscylla set just because I had to do the urgent quest a bunch with friends. I know the Tetsucapra is a popular choice though.

Don't bother with getting new armor till you reach High Rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom