• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's supposed to be the replacement for free hunting, right? Just... in a really boring linear map.

I like the expeditions, more monsters and the rewards of Items and guild quests are nice. Guild quests make it easy to farm the same monster.

They are very linear though

cheesekao

May I know if there are any performance differences when playing MH4 on the 3DS and N3DS(i.e framerate, load times)? The N3DS is kinda hard to find at the moment and if the difference isn't significant I might as well just buy a regular XL with a CPP.

Moodkip

So I maybe have a stupid question related to Athena's MH4G ASS.

I tried plugging in these skills to find armor sets:

iVaD431.jpg

But the numbers for activation weren't adding up, so I went to Kiranico's armor builder to plug in the pieces. Unless I'm doing something wrong, my suspicion was correct in that those numbers don't add up.

Furthermore, why is the ASS telling me to jewel in 1 defense jewel for the set circled in red? Defense Up isn't one of the skills I specified.

Also, how to charms factor in? For the MH3G ASS, it would appear in the armor results. In this ASS, it just shows as OOO.

I feel like I'm missing something. Could someone help out a simpleton?

ilium

May I know if there are any performance differences when playing MH4 on the 3DS and N3DS(i.e framerate, load times)? The N3DS is kinda hard to find at the moment and if the difference isn't significant I might as well just buy a regular XL with a CPP.

i only have a new 3ds so i can't compare, but from what i've heard framerate is better and more consistent on the new 3ds. especially during multiplayer. loadtimes are only slightly faster, nothing noticeable really.
the textures and shadows on the new 3ds are improved as well.

The framerate is supposed to be lower on regular, but it never chugs.

Peru

Don't buy the old one when you have a choice

Neonsands

Neo Member
Furthermore, why is the ASS telling me to jewel in 1 defense jewel for the set circled in red? Defense Up isn't one of the skills I specified.

Don't know much about your issues, but do you think having 1 defense jewel might be to stop you from have -10 defense?

Exuro

After hitting 5 star village I watched a charge blade tutorial and had no idea you could charge the shield, as well as transitioning between some moves. Good to know.

bodine1231

Are guild quests that you register for online or offline,can they be done in single player? I've done a bunch of the forest stuff but haven't registered one yet. I just beat Gore in single player.

Guiz

I'm a noob in Monster Hunter, it's the first time I really get into the game and I'd like to have some advices.

I just unlocked the 4 star mission in solo but I didn't level up my "online" mission for the moment. I'm a bit lost, I'm starting to feel that my equipment is a bit short for the solo. I have the Jaggi armor set and the Stealth Glaive.

I'd like to know what to forge next and on which missions I should focus on?

tuffy

I'd like to have dung shots as an option. I could drive monsters away or get them off somebody from a safe distance.

Nachos

Anyone else having issues with the target cam against tall enemies/enemies flying high and against enemies in closed spaces? It always seems to reorient itself in weird places for me, and while the monsters still aren't hard, I've received some cheap hits because I couldn't see and had to readjust. I never had this problem with 3U, which is making me wonder if I've just picked up some bad habits by constantly using it.

Quick question. Do food buffs stack with my armor skills? I currently have the velociprey armor and a couple attack gems to get it up to attack up (m) which i believe was 15 skill points. If I eat food and gain a attack up (s) does that just become a larger attack boost? Or is it a waste of a buff?

Yes, the only attack/defense buffs that don't stack off the top of my head are Demondrugs or Armorskin with attack/defense boosts from food. I'm not sure about Mega Demondrugs/Armorskin but Power/Adamant Seeds do stack.

Armor skills, cooking boosts, Power Charm, Power Seed, Hunting Horn buffs, etc. can add up to crazy numbers.

BTW, you can just check the status window before and after to see exactly how much your stats are being affected.
Here's something I found, which should be useful:
Different colors stack, while same colors replace each other with the stronger effect.

bodine1231

I'm a noob in Monster Hunter, it's the first time I really get into the game and I'd like to have some advices.

I just unlocked the 4 star mission in solo but I didn't level up my "online" mission for the moment. I'm a bit lost, I'm starting to feel that my equipment is a bit short for the solo. I have the Jaggi armor set and the Stealth Glaive.

Get the Tetsucabra armor next.

Raide

I got carted by one the first time I fought it because I underestimated it and figured it'd be as easy as in 3u

Yeah, the first monster I underestimated, just because I fought him in Tri-U.

ffffuuuu, as someone who mains bow, I hadn't even considered that, but now I want this.

Some weird stuff the more you use 1 weapon. It would be super useful to trap a monster and then ping it with a tranq from miles away.

Moodkip

Don't know much about your issues, but do you think having 1 defense jewel might be to stop you from have -10 defense?

That's what I originally thought too, but looking at it on Kiranico, that set only has -7 defense, so that can't be it. Having 1 defense jewel would just make it -6 defense.

Unrelated to my dilemma, but I've been listening to One Song, and I really think this might be one of my favorite MH themes. (maybe spoilers)

MrPanic

Just fought Cephadrome for the first time. What a boring fight that was. You'd think they would make it a more fun fight after making a game filled with fishlike monsters.

Anura

Sorry guys I got to quit for now. My internet is being bad today...

Good luck out there and it was good hunting with you all!

Kyzon

Where are the herbivore egg gathering spots in the Sunken Hollow?

I've been walking around for like half an hour -_-

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Seregios weapons are interesting, so they self sharpen after 5 rolls, don't benefit from sharp +1 but are basically guaranteed to be at 100% sharpness the whole fight.

I just built the great sword and it seems really solid, very versatile weapon.

tuffy

Where are the herbivore egg gathering spots in the Sunken Hollow?

I've been walking around for like half an hour -_-
Area 8 on the western side, as I recall. There's often a bunch of Rhenos in the area that need killing or avoiding.

Sorry guys I got to quit for now. My internet is being bad today...

Good luck out there and it was good hunting with you all!

gg! I was Gally.

Seregios weapons are interesting, so they self sharpen after 5 rolls, don't benefit from sharp +1 but are basically guaranteed to be at 100% sharpness the whole fight.
Depends on your weapon class though. Something like dual blades is not worth building because it gets dumb faster than you can sharpen through rolls.

la_briola

So I maybe have a stupid question related to Athena's MH4G ASS.

I tried plugging in these skills to find armor sets:

iVaD431.jpg

But the numbers for activation weren't adding up, so I went to Kiranico's armor builder to plug in the pieces. Unless I'm doing something wrong, my suspicion was correct in that those numbers don't add up.

Also, how to charms factor in? For the MH3G ASS, it would appear in the armor results. In this ASS, it just shows as OOO.

I feel like I'm missing something. Could someone help out a simpleton?
Did you count Torso Up?
Kiranicos armor builder has no support for Torso Up!

Jaggi armor is fine, and stealth glaive is pretty good for where you're at. The important thing is just to make sure you're upgrading the equipment you settle on.

The velocidrome armor is very similar to jaggi armor, except it has attack up instead of sharpening, which in most cases is better to have. I'm at 4-star with velocidrome armor and it's easy to boost the attack up (s) to attack up (m) with decorations. The armor also gets you +7 with psychic.

I also still have the bone glaive. I've been thinking about switching to the stealth glaive as long as the kinsect experience can catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom