• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a trick to hitting the head of a monster with sword/shield? I swing at it and rarely get that yellow spark(I think that means head shot, but not totally sure). I'm trying to break the big jaggi monster frill

tuffy

Wow, did not know this. Are you sure? It's listed as one of the checkable skills in their armor search. Does it just not calculate the skill point bonuses from Torso Up?
It says so on the main page: "In the armor builder, the Torso Up skill will not display correct double values. You'll just have to imagine it until I patch in a fix."

Kindof unfortunate since MHAG hasn't been updated for 4 Ultimate either.

Kyzon

Is there a trick to hitting the head of a monster with sword/shield? I swing at it and rarely get that yellow spark(I think that means head shot, but not totally sure). I'm trying to break the big jaggi monster frill

The spark is hitting it with a blunt weapon that will stun it. So shield attacks will do that on the head. That said, you want to just attack the head. Anything can break the frill. Mount the monster, and when it's down walk to the head and just wail on it.

Demoli

Yellow spark means inpact damage. It only shows on the SnS if you used the shield bash, otherwise it shows the red slaptter as usual.

deim0s

Shield bash? Press A.

You don't need to have the yellow hits to break the head. as long as you hit it it'll break eventually.

burgerdog

We could keep farming the spider if you want, I think we are kinda close to having a set of that with the kills that we already have.

JimPanzer

Awesome video, though it doesn't answer a question (and maybe by not answering it it does answer it) I have about these weapons, do skills like negative sharpen speed make you need to roll more times to sharpen it?

well speed sharpening works normally, you don't have to roll to sharpen. don't know about other skills.

Kyzon

Randoms make me mad -_-

Ok, gaf. I wanna get out of low rank. Can someone help me with these HR 2 key quests? D:

51-4537-7817-7469

The spark is hitting it with a blunt weapon that will stun it. So shield attacks will do that on the head. That said, you want to just attack the head. Anything can break the frill. Mount the monster, and when it's down walk to the head and just wail on it.

Yellow spark means inpact damage. It only shows on the SnS if you used the shield bash, otherwise it shows the red slaptter as usual.

You need to use the bash which is really hard with SnS honestly.

Shield bash? Press A.

You don't need to have the yellow hits to break the head. as long as you hit it it'll break eventually.

Gotcha. I guess I'm just missing the head more than I realize because he ends up dead before it breaks

So, i'm still a bit confused on this. Do I have this right?

Do expeditions and depending on what you do, RNG will give you a guild quest.

The guild quest are given to you at a certain level.

You access the quests through the guild hall (are they meant for online play?)

Beating the quest levels up the quest and can lead to other quests

You can only have 10 of the guild quests active (what's the point of this?) and up to 99 inactive

You can share guild quests through streetpass

Raide

Fighting Gore in that confined starting room is horrible. Where was all these moves in the expedition? Not ready for this.

Salaadin

I can't beat this final eggstraction mission. No matter what I try, those little poison spitters always manage to snipe me. I don't know wtf i can do differently. Horrible missions, these things are.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I can't beat this final eggstraction mission. No matter what I try, those little poison spitters always manage to snipe me. I don't know wtf i can do differently. Horrible missions, these things are.

Eat grains and veggies (or fish and veggies) and pick the cooking option that gives you felyne transporter, felyne lander and bring mega dash juice.

You should be able to keep sprinting while carrying the egg and jumping off anything. Shouldn't take very long.

Raide

Only just found this out for people doing Egg Collection quests. You can pick up an egg and actually climb walls with it. Just go normal speed, don't do the stamina hop thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom