• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I maybe have a stupid question related to Athena's MH4G ASS.

I tried plugging in these skills to find armor sets:

iVaD431.jpg

But the numbers for activation weren't adding up, so I went to Kiranico's armor builder to plug in the pieces. Unless I'm doing something wrong, my suspicion was correct in that those numbers don't add up.

Furthermore, why is the ASS telling me to jewel in 1 defense jewel for the set circled in red? Defense Up isn't one of the skills I specified.

Also, how to charms factor in? For the MH3G ASS, it would appear in the armor results. In this ASS, it just shows as OOO.

I feel like I'm missing something. Could someone help out a simpleton?

That's because you have to use Torso Up (doubles the skill points of torso armor, including decorations), so you have to equip the right set of decorations to the chest armor, do the math!

Pirate King Hat J
Zero Suit Body Ironwall Jewel 2 and Sheath Jewel 1
Pirate King Gloves J
Gravios Faulds Z Sheath Jewel 1 and Ironwall Jewel 1
Zero Suit Boots Sheath Jewel 2
OOO Defense Jewel 3

This combination will give you all the skills you want.

As for the other questions: the app is telling you to use a Defense Jewel (+5 Def) because otherwise you would have a negative skill (-13: Def Down). Check the options, "allow bad skills" is probably not checked (I recommend to leave it that way).

And you can set "charms" to "slotted only" or "up to two skill charms".

Card Boy

Banned
What weapon type would you guys reccomend to a noob hunter?

Sword and Shield or Charge Blade. Just do the noob quests that make you fight a Great Jaggi in the arena in single player. You should get a feel for what suits you.

I actually played with a taco player online not sure if it was you?

Pachimari

I heard that I could remap the buttons. But can I not choose what I want the dpad and shoulder buttons to do myself or do I have to choose between pre-defined sets?

GeekyDad

How so? Example?

You do one thing and the monster is obviously programmed to respond to it, regardless of whatever other thing it might be doing at any given moment. The best I could equate it to is the idea of rubberbanding in a racing game. It's transparent and equally disappointing.

Love the game, having fun with it, but the bottom line for me is, I think 3U was a better game.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It's that darn dark pulse thing.
Takes like 1/2 my health.

Luckily I managed to clear the subquest.

Honestly just make sure you let yourself get the virus and go ape shit on him. The best place to fight him a majority of the time is up his nutsack until frenzy.

I don't mount him at all the entire fight until frenzy mode and whittle him down out of that mode with mounts

You do one thing and the monster is obviously programmed to respond to it, regardless of whatever other thing it might be doing at any given moment. The best I could equate it to is the idea of rubberbanding in a racing game. It's transparent and equally disappointing.

Love the game, having fun with it, but the bottom line for me is, I think 3U was a better game.

can you give a example as which moster respond to what? :)

Moodkip

That's because you have to use Torso Up (doubles the skill points of torso armor, including decorations), so you have to equip the right set of decorations to the chest armor, do the math!

Pirate King Hat J
Zero Suit Body Ironwall Jewel 2 and Sheath Jewel 1
Pirate King Gloves J
Gravios Faulds Z Sheath Jewel 1 and Ironwall Jewel 1
Zero Suit Boots Sheath Jewel 2
OOO Defense Jewel 3

This combination will give you all the skills you want.

As for the other questions: the app is telling you to use a Defense Jewel (+5 Def) because otherwise you would have a negative skill (-13: Def Down). Check the options, "allow bad skills" is probably not checked (I recommend to leave it that way).

And you can set "charms" to "slotted only" or "up to two skill charms".

Thanks a bunch for the clarification, that helped me out a lot.

Still unclear on one thing though: is the charm system different in this game? Is it actually possible to have a "dummy" charm that only has 3 slots with no embedded skills? (referring to the OOO charm with seemingly no skills)

Beats

Beat Akantor with 21 minutes left. That was too intense. : <

It takes out like half my health with its sweeping attack and I had to be super careful to not get hit by the roar.

Thanks for the help all that joined to help with the Pink Rathian to get my HR up. That seemed way harder than it should have, mostly because I enjoy eating fireballs to the face.

Cerity

I don't think there is that response system but I do think the monsters react far too quickly at times. There've been a boatload of moments where I make a mistake and the monster immediately makes the best attack to punish me for it. Which is fine for the most part but it comes off as fighting robots instead of actual monsters when it happens too often and from monsters you wouldn't expect it from. This kind of thing wasn't percievable in the earlier games imo.

And I do echo that 3U is the better game, effort was put into the right places for 3U whereas in this a lot of things feel half assed.

My friend is now using the Lacerator Blade and is having a problem with the element not working.

It's grayed out, what can he do to fix it?

You need the awaken skill to unlock it.

Going to do Advanced: Purge and Binge: Hunt a Tetsucabra and a Zamtrios to rank up meat in the kitchen and various other 3* key quests after.

No passcode and ID is: 28-0547-9636-1700

Made my final HR armor. Monoblos armor with attack up XL, critical eye +1 and adrenaline +1. If I have a slot more on my next weapon I can boost it to critical eye +2.

Prototype

Made my final HR armor. Monoblos armor with attack up XL, critical eye +1 and adrenaline +1. If I have a slot more on my next weapon I can boost it to critical eye +2.
I was debating on making this but went with Tigrex instead. The extra defense of a proper HR armor has made the rest of HR much more enjoyable.

Will probably rock this set into G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom