• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimPanzer

JimPanzer:
regiosxukj42.png

that's what I just did lol :) messaged you ingame

Thanks a bunch for the clarification, that helped me out a lot.

Still unclear on one thing though: is the charm system different in this game? Is it actually possible to have a "dummy" charm that only has 3 slots with no embedded skills? (referring to the OOO charm with seemingly no skills)

I have just hit 5* village quests, so I can't answer that, but it was fairly easy to find OOO (no skills) charms in MH3U, so it's probably the same in MH4U.

Moodkip

I have just hit 5* village quests, so I can't answer that, but it was fairly easy to find OOO (no skills) charms in MH3U, so it's probably the same in MH4U.

Wow, I honestly had no idea that was even possible in MH3U. I thought all charms had to have at least 1 embedded skill. Never came across a slot-only charm.

Kinsei

Banned
Made my final HR armor. Monoblos armor with attack up XL, critical eye +1 and adrenaline +1. If I have a slot more on my next weapon I can boost it to critical eye +2.

Monoblos has AUXL? Damn I had a good HR armor right under my nose this whole time, yet I did every 8* + Seregios in low rank armor. I even carved a heart for my first Monoblos so the rarest thing I need is a few firecell stones.

I think I'm going to make this set.

Sillverrr

Okay, so I could use some advice. I've just beaten Shagaru Magala in the offline campaign and I have no idea what to aim for next. No fight has been particularly difficult so far, but maybe that's because I haven't ventured online yet.

Now I can go to the Dunes, but that's a 7* quest and I think the time is right to upgrade... but to what? I understand it's good to have options, but my head's spinning. I am completely overwhelmed by the crafting aspect. I'm still wearing full Ludroth gear, and using a relic hammer.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Thanks Kinsei. I didn't want to waste my time crafting something unnecessary; game's enough of a timesink as it is, and I want to progress to a higher rank before I waste time on making vanity armour sets.

Kinsei

Banned
Okay, so I could use some advice. I've just beaten Shagaru Magala in the offline campaign and I have no idea what to aim for next. No fight has been particularly difficult so far, but maybe that's because I haven't ventured online yet.

Now I can go to the Dunes, but that's a 7* quest and I think the time is right to upgrade... but to what? I understand it's good to have options, but my head's spinning. I am completely overwhelmed by the crafting aspect. I'm still wearing full Ludroth gear, and using a relic hammer.

Thanks in advance.

For a hammer just make whatever has the highest raw damage you can make. Ludroth armor is fine for the Hermitaur urgent, and after that try and make either Jaggi S or Tetsucabra S. If you don;t want those sets you can try and make it to the nest urgent and make Mono S armor.

taco543

Sword and Shield or Charge Blade. Just do the noob quests that make you fight a Great Jaggi in the arena in single player. You should get a feel for what suits you.

I actually played with a taco player online not sure if it was you?

no lol my tag online is bad wolf

Wow, I honestly had no idea that was even possible in MH3U. I thought all charms had to have at least 1 embedded skill. Never came across a slot-only charm.
Oh wait, you are right. I just checked and all my OOO charms in MH3U have at least one skill. My bad.

It doesn't really matter though, most OOO charms will work, as long as the embedded skill doesn't affect your set.

Qurupeke

You know what's better than one Frenzied Tigrex? Two of them. I think I'll hate that quest... Here we go. Hopefully, HR is close...

Poison or Paralysis?

Assuming you have two weapons with the same Raw and Status damage, both with the same sharpness and both of the same type(Sword and Shield, Insect Glaive), which one would be overall better?

Are there any let's plays similar to the ones Game Grumps did for this game? I checked out a few just randomly searching youtube, but most of the people sounded dead inside, wasn't entertaining at all.

Chunky

Tips on getting Gravios Wings? I'm having trouble breaking them and I need 4.

I highly recommend you dl a program called "Pings4Gdex". Its tells you drop rates, monster weaknesses and break rewards, key quests and its got all the weapon and armour trees with pics. It basically contans all the games data. Its really useful and saved me running to that incomplete, unclear wiki.

Poison or Paralysis?

Assuming you have two weapons with the same Raw and Status damage, both with the same sharpness and both of the same type(Sword and Shield, Insect Glaive), which one would be overall better?

I'm wondering about this too.
Paralysis was better in MH3U but that could swing if the stats and mechanics were revamped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom