• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quadraxis

Will bomb casing ever be buyable? Using all my points for sap plants atm, so just wanted to know if there will be a faster way to get them. Otherwise making tranq bombs and such is annoying. I thought u could buy bomb casings in mh3u though.

Godan

I highly recommend you dl a program called "Pings4Gdex". Its tells you drop rates, monster weaknesses and break rewards, key quests and its got all the weapon and armour trees with pics. It basically contans all the games data. Its really useful and saved me running to that incomplete, unclear wiki.

Where do you get this program?

jorgejjvr

Hey guys I need the Shagaru Magala urgent and destroy the wings/claws to get ONE caress that need please! And then continue playing of course

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have upgraded my armor 3 times while unable to upgrade my sword. I almost feel like they're telling me to use a different weapon. Now I finally have access to Monster Bone L's but the ridiculous beasts I have to slay to get a 20% chance at them... sigh. I wouldn't mind the same power if I could just somehow not have to sharpen it 4 times a fight since it is persistently bouncing off these new monsters every other strike the moment it turns yellow.

I have upgraded my armor 3 times while unable to upgrade my sword. I almost feel like they're telling me to use a different weapon. Now I finally have access to Monster Bone L's but the ridiculous beasts I have to slay to get them... sigh. I wouldn't mind the same power if I could just somehow not have to sharpen it 4 times a fight since it is persistently bouncing off these new monsters every other strike the moment it turns yellow.
You're doing it backwards. Make 1 armor set and stick with it for as long as you can. Spend your mats crafting/upgrading weapons.

Cerity

Will bomb casing ever be buyable? Using all my points for sap plants atm, so just wanted to know if there will be a faster way to get them. Otherwise making tranq bombs and such is annoying. I thought u could buy bomb casings in mh3u though.

You might be able to buy them from the wycoon with resource points but outside of that I don't think so. Just keep farming the sap plants, you'll be swimming in them soon enough as the farm upgrade.

I think you need to use the one farm for 21 cycles to get it to 2* and 42 for 3*. At 3* I regularly get 6-9 of whatever I'm trying to multiply and quite a few bumblepumpkin.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You're doing it backwards. Make 1 armor set and stick with it for as long as you can. Spend your mats crafting/upgrading weapons.
I have like a billion mats and a trillion zenny. If you aren't at the level to where your weapons can go up anymore, there is nothing left but armor. It just seems like a really weird space in the progression here where the weapon/armor didn't line up with the mats that quests were putting out. I'm only just now reaching the mats that open up the next weapon tier at the end of level 4 and beginning of level 5 quests.

I have like a billion mats and a trillion zenny. If you aren't at the level to where your weapons can go up anymore, there is nothing left but armor. It just seems like a really weird space in the progression here where the weapon/armor didn't like up with the mats that quests were putting out. I'm only just now reaching the mats that open up the next weapon tier at the end of level 4 and beginning of level 5 quests.
My bad dude, I thought you were starting out.

tuffy

oh god evade dist+4 2 slot charm. I can finally make a high rank gunner set that isn't fucking lagombi!
*envies*

Times like this I really miss Sand Barioth. Seems there's not even a high rank Narga set to trade for, so I'm going to wind up in Lagombi S if I don't mine something similar.

yami4ct

Need a group to take on the Dah'ren Mohran urgent. Have a room open right now and getting no one, ID is 51-9391-0951-6644. Feel free to hop in and any help is welcome. Looking forward to taking on HR.

I don't like the fact that i'm close to done with low rank and my weapons aren't as upgraded as i'd like them to be for the start of high rank.

PKrockin

I've fought the Rathalos three times now trying to get the tail for a fire lance and I now have three plates. Two of them dropped on the last hunt, one from a shiny drop and one from the tail carve. I just want the tail, dammit!

W7wJVh7.jpg

I also just got 2 Zinogre plates somehow after fighting him twice. Why wasn't I this lucky in 3U?

Shiina

I just unlocked G rank and got enough materials to make the Ukanlos glaive which has a good 300 more raw than my current glaives (Nerscylla and Gore) but it comes with green sharpness and -30% affinity (which is partially negated by my +20% from my armor). You guys think it's worth crafting?

Anteo

His antennae, which only come out during frenzy.

Wait for frenzy, place a pitfall, and go crazy on his antennae when he falls in

I really dont understand how it works, sometimes the antennae just disapear after enough hits, sometimes they break in half and I clear the quest.

After grinding Nerscylla at High Rank, me and burgerdog done upgraded:

The skills are pretty nice on it, I can potentially have all these skills after gems/talisman:

Capture Guru
Trap Master
Critical Eye+1
Negate Poison
Speed Sharpner

Or I can replace Speed Sharpner with Guard Up.

Cerity

I really dont understand how it works, sometimes the antennae just disapear after enough hits, sometimes they break in half and I clear the quest.

If you leave it too long you'll knock him out of frenzy mode instead of breaking his feelers. Only thing you can do then is wait for him to get into frenzy mode again.

Cerity

still haven't gotten anything decent from the melding pot. I've been feeding it high level talismans with +7 to +9 in skills that I'll never use and have been getting trash tier talismans back with +2/+3 in skills that I'll never use.

Better off using your frenzy shards and crystals to duplicate items imo.

Elija2

Dang, need a bunch of Rhenoplos carapace to finish the Tetsucabra S armour set but I can only get them in a guild 4 quest. Time to start the guild quests I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom