• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlawd

Dang, need a bunch of Rhenoplos carapace to finish the Tetsucabra S armour set but I can only get them in a guild 4 quest. Time to start the guild quests I guess.

not true

you can do the purple Gypceros quest in 7* caravan, area 9 iirc

and if you do the Pro Hunter quests, you can unlock gathering quests for HR.

After grinding Nerscylla at High Rank, me and burgerdog done upgraded:

The skills are pretty nice on it, I can potentially have all these skills after gems/talisman:

Capture Guru
Trap Master
Critical Eye+1
Negate Poison
Speed Sharpner

Or I can replace Speed Sharpner with Guard Up.
Nice! I think I just need rubbery hide+ and maybe some konchu shells, and I'll be there too!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
So the shagaru magala is invincible right? This battle is unwinnable.

So Sap Plants won't be buyable with zenny? What other items won't be buyable from this list?
Stone
Honey
Paintberry
Spiderweb / Net / Ivy
Blue Mushroom
Dung

I need to know so that I can keep spamming them at the farms before I start to use them heavily.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Seriously is there a secret to this Shagaru Magala fight? He will not go down, and he hits like a truck.

ohlawd

fuck Seltas Queen and her Concentrate. the fuck, Capcom couldn't add this thing to the shiny drop table too?

Seriously is there a secret to this Shagaru Magala fight? He will not go down, and he hits like a truck.
hug his balls

seriously, behind him is the best way to avoid getting hit.

Single player?I did it in Lagombi armor with a Peco switchaxe. I stood underneath it most of the time and just kept swinging. When it enrages I'd mostly run and get in the occasional hit before running again. It carted me twice but went down after just a couple hits on my third try.

Kyzon

After about 20 "Error Code: 001-0502 Unable to connect to the server." messages in a row, I guess I'll be stuck doing more offline quests for awhile...

:( I think a bunch of randoms just joined lol.

Well I'll be on all day so whenever you're ready :)

Shiina

The fight isn't much different from the normal Gore fight so apply what you did against him to Shagaru. Meaning stay under or behind him because he has hardly any get-off-me moves.

ilium

After about 20 "Error Code: 001-0502 Unable to connect to the server." messages in a row, I guess I'll be stuck doing more offline quests for awhile...

Have you tried restarting your router? I noticed that sometimes my 3ds (and phone) just won't connect to the router for whatever reason. A reset fixes that for me.

tuffy

Have you tried restarting your router? I noticed that sometimes my 3ds (and phone) just won't connect to the router for whatever reason. A reset fixes that for me.
Fortunately, it seems to be connecting again now. I tested the 3DS browser on some sites and they came through okay, so it seemed like something on the server end. Perhaps the servers got full? Hard to say.

wiibomb

I'm trying right now to complete all quests from the HR2, but nobody shows because I wanted to make the gathering ones.. anyone up for it?

the hall ID is 64-3601-5495-3095

tariniel

I just started learning the insect glaive.

What's the strategy for getting red and orange for monsters who are really tall? Gravios for example who I just killed in single player, I had a hard time getting red because his head is up so high, the bug would go under him and just hit nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom