• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started learning the insect glaive.

What's the strategy for getting red and orange for monsters who are really tall? Gravios for example who I just killed in single player, I had a hard time getting red because his head is up so high, the bug would go under him and just hit nothing.

Gravios is slow enough so you can mark it and then send the Kinsect for it. Otherwise, find a high-enough spot and send the kinsect.
While it is recommended that you get all three scents, you can do good enough if you get only Red and White.

Elija2

not true

you can do the purple Gypceros quest in 7* caravan, area 9 iirc

and if you do the Pro Hunter quests, you can unlock gathering quests for HR.

Thanks for the tip about the 7* quest, but it seems like the drop rate is abysmally low and the Rhenoplos rarely respawn so it's probably not worth it.

wiibomb

WELP!.. I was somehow kicked out of the room.. may be because of online problems..

anyway.. my new hall ID for those who want to help me with 2 useless online HR2 quests, popo tongues and congas..

after that its pure HR3... just need to take those 2 quests out of the way

49-0614-8145-1826

ChrisD

Man I miss keyboard compatibility. Not that the 3DS feasibly could use a keyboard, but standing around in lobbies is awkward and... you kind of can't change it.

tuffy

What is affinity?
Positive affinity is your chance of scoring a critical hit on each attack, which does 25% more damage. Negative affinity is your chance of scoring an un-critical hit which does 25% less damage. The hit flashes for the criticals are slightly different so you can tell when they land.

Astarte

Nah, that's what i thought aswell and then there was a fight against the giant fish thing you encounter at the start of the game.

It really reminded me of that one mission in Lost Planet 2 where you use a train (or something?) to stop a sand monster.

I just started learning the insect glaive.

What's the strategy for getting red and orange for monsters who are really tall? Gravios for example who I just killed in single player, I had a hard time getting red because his head is up so high, the bug would go under him and just hit nothing.

Shoot the monster in the place where you want to grab the buff from and send the bug out to attack it.

Anteo

Speaking of things that suck, I read that you were not able to do panic dives vs Khezy, but I managed to do one. I guess the projectiles allow you to do it? I was pretty close to him so idk

Managed to do the HR3 gore quest fist try but the two times after we failed near the end. Is there anything I need to know about him? I don't understand what the purple things he puts on the ground do since they don't do any damage.

I'm using a lance too, so suggestions on where to stand would be great.

Kinsei

Banned
Managed to do the HR3 gore quest fist try but the two times after we failed near the end. Is there anything I need to know about him? I don't understand what the purple things he puts on the ground do since they don't do any damage.

I'm using a lance too, so suggestions on where to stand would be great.

Those virus clouds infect you. If you let the purple bar fill up they'll start dealing damage to you.

Stick close to his back legs. Almos every attack hits in front of him, and the ones that can hit you back there have long wind up times.

ohlawd

fuck yes, finally got a Concentrate

as for lancers, yeah good luck with the Magalas when they get mad. Capcom has shit on lance users for ages

Thanks for the tip about the 7* quest, but it seems like the drop rate is abysmally low and the Rhenoplos rarely respawn so it's probably not worth it.

I think it's a really high chance for carapaces. Killed 6 Rheno, walked out with seven

Cerity

Am I the only one who finds seltas queen disappointing? When I heard about the combination with her and the normal seltas I was all hyped as hell to fight it only to find she just plops seltas ontop of her head.

Outside of that they're both ridiculously easy by themselves.

Kyzon

Anyone wanna play some HR 3 with me? I wanna do some Keys and fight that Seltas Queen thing. I need a piece of her for an upgrade.

16-4025-5012-1729

No Monster Hunting for a week. Bought a new 3DS and did the transfer. Went through fine and now all I gotta do is put my memory stick in the new system. Trouble is one of the screws is stuck. Trying any harder to get it off means stripping it so I'm fucked either way.

Wanted to enjoy this last week binging before going back to uni. Don't cry for me, I'm already dead.

XaosWolf

Decide to get the Gore SA. Thought he would be a pain to farm, but he got absolutely ruined.
His tail seems to take one hell of a beating though.

Also, quick question: What are the yellow ? in the felyne areas for?

Fandangox

Decide to get the Gore SA. Thought he would be a pain to farm, but he got absolutely ruined.
His tail seems to take one hell of a beating though.

Also, quick question: What are the yellow ? in the felyne areas for?

I think that's for stolen items, in case you were not able to get them back from the black felynes.

ChrisD

Sorry for playing so poorly. Not going to divert the blame, but my thumb is acting up. Makes for certain notes difficult to hit and, well, it hurts.

Had fun though, seeing things die in a fraction of the time I'm accustomed to seeing haha. Thanks for letting me join!

ohlawd

oh gawd did I really fall for this kicking trap shit?

maybe I'm doing this wrong. just kicking this shock trap over and over with a mad as fuck Kecha nearby. lol what if it's pitfall only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom