• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I'm being directly taunted by these drops. I need one Pure Scale and I keep getting Earth Dragongems. The description says that it's "one of the tougher things to get".

In my experience, no, no it's not!

LProtag

Can someone help me understand how elemental damage works? As a GS user should I just completely ignore it, as that's what I seem to hear?

I'm also assuming higher sharpness is better and that Immolator Blade > Schattenstolz despite the higher affinity and extra Dragon damage?

jorgejjvr

Guys, I'm confused. I've gotten to 10* in the village and I'm HR 7 online, yet I haven't really unlocked any of the extra quests to do. For example, I don't have the village Dahren Mohran or the high rank Gore Magala that you fight in low rank, or Akantor or Kushala Daora. Can anyone assist me?

-Alternis

Jumped off a ledge and landed a mount on Azure Rathalos while it was flying.

That was satisfying as hell.

image.php

Did the same to Kecha yesterday. It was awesome

Welp. I'm an idiot. Must've been mashing through dialog. Didn't realize offline high rank was in Dundorma. Been wondering for 2 days now what the hell I need to do.

Kinsei

Banned
As someone who is new to monster hunter, all I've been doing is questing. Are there any other mechanics I should be aware of?

There's expeditions, but you;re better off saving them until you reach the endgame. Once you get far enough you'll unlock a mini-game you can play to get materials you can use to make armor and weapons for your cats.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Beat my first Akantor; shit was intense since I wasn't too familiar with its attacks and I was the only close range of the 3 of us. Rolling into attacks to dodge was crazy.

PKrockin

Speaking of, would you all agree the dialogue is much more entertaining in this game than FU or 3U? They seemed to go in a goofier direction with this game and I think it ended up more memorable.

I hope everyone knows that in the options you can set the text to instantly display, by the way.

PKrockin

this game might be the game to do me in with lancing and how shit it is now
Lancing is shit?

But Evade+3 makes your backhops and sidesteps completely invincible doesn't it? And you can chain three. That alone seems like it would break the game.
Nah, I found out about it while I was trying to capture a Kelbidrome.
You got the Kelbidrome capture quest already? Holy crap, people, slow down, I just made it to High Rank.

ohlawd

Lancing is shit?

But Evade+3 makes your backhops and sidesteps completely invincible doesn't it? And you can chain three. That alone seems like it would break the game.

woops didn't finish

ahh whatever for now I'm just dealing with everything pushing me back and stuff. hell I jist got my first blue sharp lance and I'm at 9*

it probably does. I don't have access to anything that can give me +2 evade.

edit: I guess I'm just super tired of bouncing off certain monsters like Gravios. man I didn't even give a shit about bouncing in older titles but it really irks me in this entry

Aiustis

Speaking of, would you all agree the dialogue is much more entertaining in this game than FU or 3U? They seemed to go in a goofier direction with this game and I think it ended up more memorable.

I hope everyone knows that in the options you can set the text to instantly display, by the way.

Eh I'd say there's more of the entertaining dialogue. But Aisha's "I DIDN'T DO IT!" in 3U still remains one of my favorite bits of dialogue.

Guys, I'm confused. I've gotten to 10* in the village and I'm HR 7 online, yet I haven't really unlocked any of the extra quests to do. For example, I don't have the village Dahren Mohran or the high rank Gore Magala that you fight in low rank, or Akantor or Kushala Daora. Can anyone assist me?

-Alternis

Have you done everything? There are some quests that open up other quests. For example there's a quest line involving the Ace Cadet trying to impress the Guildmarm and that had the HR Gore Magala 6 star quest as well as Brachydios. Once you hit HR7 online it'll unlock the Rajang quest which is also a part of that group. It might keep going I dunno

Anyone for some hr5 or 6 turns?

10 7074 2352 1248

I'm trying to farm a gravios but all I'm getting are people who need to do the black grab urg. Its annoying.

Prototype

woops didn't finish

ahh whatever for now I'm just dealing with everything pushing me back and stuff. hell I jist got my first blue sharp lance and I'm at 9*

it probably does. I don't have access to anything that can give me +2 evade.

edit: I guess I'm just super tired of bouncing off certain monsters like Gravios. man I didn't even give a shit about bouncing in older titles but it really irks me in this entry

I've found Lance to be exceptionally powerful thus far. The added mobility makes an already great weapon even better. Have a Lance set with guard +2 and that's been amazing.

I generally prefer counter lancing to evade lancing but I will be looking into evade 3 shenanigans.

If you are bouncing off, get minds eye, either through gems or an armor. I haven't run into this myself as I've had blue sharpness Lance for awhile, and Serg weapons are white sharpness in high rank which is crazy to me.

XaosWolf

Rathalos is pretty annoying in MH4. Wasted a bunch of time flying way up high and spitting fire down at me.

Managed to get a plate first time though. No idea what I should use it on.
Is his Switch Axe any good?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Rathalos is pretty annoying in MH4. Wasted a bunch of time flying way up high and spitting fire down at me.

Managed to get a plate first time though. No idea what I should use it on.
Is his Switch Axe any good?

Rathalos and Rathian in general feel like they got mega aggressive in MH4U.

I farmed the rath heart set earlier today and all I can say is FUCK PINK RATHIAN. She's the goddamn devil.

I watched her 100% to cart a person in my party, he ran all the way to the other side to pop a potion, while he's recovering she sniped him with a fire ball then started gliding over to him, as he gets up she knocked him down, then he gets up again and she tail flips poisoning him when he's at like 10% health, then he gets up to pop an antidote and she just wing flaps interrupting his animation and then she killed him with a tail spin.

I could feel his fury.

I could sense it.

I need to start bringing more life powders whenever I play with pubs

ohlawd

I've found Lance to be exceptionally powerful thus far. The added mobility makes an already great weapon even better. Have a Lance set with guard +2 and that's been amazing.

I generally prefer counter lancing to evade lancing but I will be looking into evade 3 shenanigans.

If you are bouncing off, get minds eye, either through gems or an armor. I haven't run into this myself as I've had blue sharpness Lance for awhile, and Serg weapons are white sharpness in high rank which is crazy to me.

Serg weapons are cool but I can't make a lance one. Guess I didn't get the required parts for it when I killed it once. And I don't even wanna kill it again >_> got tired of me just holding my shield up when it's doing that Street Fighter homing air kick lol

I have a set with guard +1 but I don't really like counter lancing since it's weaker than hopping through everything with evade. using this set as it has higher def than anything else I have

and I'm gonna stick with what I have even if future encounters will make my blood boil. gonna lance 'til I'm six feet under. had to vent cuz earlier I bounced off Black Gravios then it did that vertical laser. got hit and when I was getting up, it used its horizontal laser for the kill

Kinsei

Banned
You all know you can stop yourself from getting up after being attacked by a monster, right? If you don't touch any buttons or the circle pad you'll lay on the ground invincible for much longer than normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom