• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mzo

Reached HR5 and I dedicated the last hour doing the "kitchen upgrade" quests, I can't stop playing this damn game.

Also, the Charge Blade is super fun but I'm clearly doing less damage than I did before with the almighty Great Sword.

Great Sword has always been my jams since the first monhun. I kind of wanted to try Charge Blade, though, looks fun. I miss the broken SNS days of Freedom.

Cerity

Decided to make those los dual blades and give it a spin, I can see it being very fun if I gem in evade dist and +1/2/3.

Looks like I'm 1 Nerscylla carapace and 3 Konchu carapace away from Nersyclla S :(

I found Harvest tour A.steppe to be the best with this, area 7. If you head in from area 6 there'll be 2-3 Konchu's there that instantly spawn every time you enter. Kill them, walk out, walk back in and repeat.

Guys I'm sort of stuck, maybe you guys can help me.

I just finished all the level 2 quests and next are the expeditions. Thing is I'm using the katana, and I've been only able to upgraded once. Any tips on how to improve it, aswell as my armor? It took a while to kill the zelta.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Gotta love when everybody bails when it's your turn for rank up. :-(

EDIT if anybody wants to do the rankup from HR7 to HRxx. (Dalamadur) Join room 14-9938-0088-2816

ohlawd

Sticking with it will make you better in the end.

I've been maining lances since time immemorial :p

I meant sticking with my one blue sharpness lance (that Kecha lance) and current armor. Kind of a pain in the ass when I can't upgrade my other lances with different elements. story quests aren't being nice to me. been rocking the Los lance and I can't upgrade further since a HR Los quest hasn't appeared. The way things are going, the game is making me fight an Azure Los (don't need its parts) before a Los. Need HR Gore for dragon lance. who knows when I can fight one from caravan quests. Using Zin's thunder lance but the only quest Zin is in is a dual quest with Gravios and I don't wanna deal with that despite lower HP for both monsters

R0ckman

After playing and grinding HR, I'm finding that some of these monsters just aren't fun to fight. Some are a blast, but others like the Rath family just spam me to death.

I also noticed that it seems monsters are "magnetized" to the player when they are aggro. I knew something was odd about how accurate some of the monsters attacks were when they should have missed. I notice when fighting a Tigrex he was doing his mad dash but as he was dashing he was doing the traction thing but since he would have failed to hit me at the position he was readying, he was actually unaturally sliding to the side during his running animation so he could be lined up to hit me. As if the game was repositioning him in his attack animation to make his attack more accurate. Is able to cleary see it because I ran on the other end of the area to sharpen my weapon and I was watching him.

Back when I played 3U I never made Jaggi armor but I think for my high rank run i'm gonna make it and as soon as possible hop over to Rath S (and enjoy eating for fire res xP)

Coppanuva

After playing and grinding HR, I'm finding that some of these monsters just aren't fun to fight. Some are a blast, but others like the Rath family just spam me to death.

I also noticed that it seems monsters are "magnetized" to the player when they are aggro. I knew something was odd about how accurate some of the monsters attacks were when they should have missed. I notice when fighting a Tigrex he was doing his mad dash but as he was dashing he was doing the traction thing but since he would have failed to hit me at the position he was readying, he was actually unaturally sliding to the side during his running animation so he could be lined up to hit me. As if the game was repositioning him in his attack animation to make his attack more accurate. Is able to cleary see it because I ran on the other end of the area to sharpen my weapon and I was watching him.

Ugh hate tigrex, that village quest against him was enough, guy is crazy hard to dodge...

Mzo

Maybe it's because they've always been around and haven't really changed much, but I have 0 fear of a Rathalos or -ian. They get torn up.

The new monsters from Tri are generally wigglier and less robotic in their movements, making them harder to predict IMO.

Cerity

There's a lot of this in this game and it's pretty obvious tbh. Low health, so you run off to the side while the monster fights your palicoes, the moment you drop a pot or whatever the monster charges over to attack you, when it's done it'll charge back to your palicoes to resume attacking them.

Very disappointing, I don't remember it being anywhere near as pronounced in the older games.

Shengar

Guys I'm sort of stuck, maybe you guys can help me.

I just finished all the level 2 quests and next are the expeditions. Thing is I'm using the katana, and I've been only able to upgraded once. Any tips on how to improve it, aswell as my armor? It took a while to kill the zelta.
You can try to make a Canine Katana for better damage. That sword crafted from Jaggis material, so you should be able to craft one at this point in the game. Speaking of Jaggis, your only option of better armor right now is Jaggi set. Not the very best for long run, but I it could last you better in the upcoming expedition quest.

Rath family is better in that regard since it seems they constantly being reworked, being the series mascot and all. If you play 3U before, you'll notice that their flying animation become more fluid, from the take off to turning around mid air. While Rathalos stays in mid air much longer now, it fly low enough for long-reach weapon to hit him, and he also never do his fly around thing again anymore.

There's a lot of this in this game and it's pretty obvious tbh. Low health, so you run off to the side while the monster fights your palicoes, the moment you drop a pot or whatever the monster charges over to attack you, when it's done it'll charge back to your palicoes to resume attacking them.

Very disappointing, I don't remember it being anywhere near as pronounced in the older games.

I swear Rathalos just love to spam his fireball when I was flexing after drink some pot.

Reknoc

Only thing coming between me and my narga set now is one wyvern gem and one zingore plate. Both with a <10% change of dropping ._.

K.Sabot

Speed Sharp on SnS feels so much better than anyhting else because no downtime on using items with your weapon out. Takes the 1/4th of the time of non speed sharpening and cuts it in half.

But SnS is viable to be pretty supporty so wide range would help more.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
At least the music is great.
irLDTyl67mba7.gif

Speed Sharpner!

Man, I'm too lazy to farm cor G. Jaggi claws.
Is there an HR4 G.Jaggi quest? Maybe we can farm together.

Speed Sharp on SnS feels so much better than anyhting else because no downtime on using items with your weapon out. Takes the 1/4th of the time of non speed sharpening and cuts it in half.

But SnS is viable to be pretty supporty so wide range would help more.
Yeah, I'm really intruiged by the supportive capabilities of SnS. I'm thinking about doing a Wide Range+2, Mycology combination in Grank.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I made it to HR4 tonight, I'm gonna upgrade my lance. Also the new 3ds XL has great battery life.

It really does, I haven't had to worry about the battery once since upgrading.

I think I'm almost at the high rank quests in single player, just need to kill Gore Magala once and for all. The only issue is he kicked my ass across the map the last time I had to fight him, thinking I might need to make the Rath set before I take him on.

Kyzon

Hmmm, I wanna make my first Gunner set since I just got to High Rank. What's a good one, and does anyone wanna help me farm whatever monster is needed?

I made it to HR4 tonight, I'm gonna upgrade my lance. Also the new 3ds XL has great battery life.
What lance are you using? I went with a TwistCrawl (?) because it was a relatively easy upgrade but looking at the charts I should aim for a Red Tail but I don't know how feasible that is at HR3.

Cerity

B.Tigrex down, had to be a lot more cautious due to his sound blast thing. Other than that only carted once due to a mistake. Got a wyvern gem from it too.

Though I'm getting real sick of yer shit Seregios, it'd be nice if it actually did what it's supposedly meant to do and assert dominance or whatever but when you leave the area and come back you find they're just chilling out.

What lance are you using? I went with a TwistCrawl (?) because it was a relatively easy upgrade but looking at the charts I should aim for a Red Tail but I don't know how feasible that is at HR3.

I'm using Rampart+ right now. I chose this lance cause it was easy to upgrade. A Red Tail has the same attack so you should be fine.

I played my first Zamtrios yesterday with a friend. I don't know what I was expecting, but a fat blobby pufferfish-shark that bounced across the map and sometimes becomes a super saiyan with an ice-harpoon nose was not one of those things. 10/10 originality, boys and girls at Capcom.

Mistle

So to improve your HR online, when joining someones elses room, you have to be the one selecting the quest from the counter? So what's the etiquette on who chooses the next quest?

I've only ever played online once, by hosting my own room and having other randoms join. I'm only now realising that I maybe should have let other people pick quests. I really have zero idea on how the online MH etiquette functions, haha. Anybody have any advice?

Also I'm up to 5* quests offline and still get carted/fail quite often. And when I win I plow through most healing items. I'm really enjoying the game but I wish I wasn't so terrible at it, haha.

Atram

So to improve your HR online, when joining someones elses room, you have to be the one selecting the quest from the counter? So what's the etiquette on who chooses the next quest?

I've only ever played online once, by hosting my own room and having other randoms join. I'm only now realising that I maybe should have let other people pick quests. I really have zero idea on how the online MH etiquette functions, haha. Anybody have any advice?

Also I'm up to 5* quests offline and still get carted/fail quite often. And when I win I plow through most healing items. I'm really enjoying the game but I wish I wasn't so terrible at it, haha.

For online use the "everyone can pick up one quest" rule.

JimPanzer

I think this only applies to urgent quests, key quests are definitely shared. If I'm not totally wrong here you also get hunter points (which improve your HR past HR7) for quests others posted. So it really comes down to urgent quests, which are only completed for the person who posted the quest.

Pila

I think this only applies to urgent quests, key quests are definitely shared. If I'm not totally wrong here you also get hunter points (which improve your HR past HR7) for quests others posted. So it really comes down to urgent quests, which are only completed for the person who posted the quest.

That's right, you only need to pick your own urgent, other quests are shared and you always get your hunter points. Usually you wanna do turns when playing with randoms, that's what I usually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom