• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
downloading now! hyyype, let's see what the new3DS download speed fuzz is about

wiibomb

Guys, how do I exit the online to search for another room?

Its soo confusing :(

just do the exact same thing as the first time you connected, then it will appear a little warning about getting out of the room, just confirm and you're out

I just opened my CE copy, what the hell is the pink plate for that comes with the figure?

it's the real base for the figure, the original supposed to come with it, the black you saw inside the figure was a mistake on the manufacturer and they had to package the original extra one on each CE outside the box

Mets9

Wait...didn't they say "no more Nintendo club codes"? Why there's one in mine? European version.
Btw, this game is pure gold.

Danielsan

So I just tried the demo. Really dug Tri on the Wii back in the day and I'm thinking about getting this.

But holy shit, the constant cat noises... could not be any more annoying. Can you turn those off, or at least not use the cats in the main game?

Beats

So I just tried the demo. Really dug Tri on the Wii back in the day and I'm thinking about getting this.

But holy shit, the constant cat noises... could not be any less annoying. Can you turn those off, or at least not use the cats in the main game?

You don't have to use the cats.

Mets9

But holy shit, the constant cat noises... could not be any less annoying. Can you turn those off, or at least not use the cats in the main game?
You can go on mission without cats.

H1PSTER

Anyone fancy hunting?

I've not started any of the guild quests yet so I'm up for doing them with people.

0533-7268-9818

Kecha Wacha is fun enough to simply watch, neat how it makes use of that extra verticality factor and environment in an interesting way.
Effectively this was one of the designs I looked at in pictures and thought it was a bit average but in execution it animates wonderfully.
Hoping this is a sign of things to come for the new monsters, some of the veterans feel a bit old fashioned by comparison.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
This truly is friday the 13th, I'm stuck at the office for longer than usual while my 3DS is just sitting there at home with the game fully downloaded.

Sufferrinnnggg.

Whats the difference between the Gathering Hall quests and the Caravan quests?

Gathering hall is typically harder and generally considered to be co-op content, caravan quest involves "story" progression as well as bonus stuff like unlocking new NPC's and special items later used for fighting Apex monsters.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Took me 8 minutes to kill the Seltas. I should've upgraded my weapon first :lol

Seltas dies pretty quickly, even with jank first stage weapons. But forgetting to paint it when you don't really know the map, or its patterns yet. Yikes!

Mugiwara

Neo Member
Played a few of the tutorial missions and fought my first Great Jaggi. I have things to do today but all I want to do is play moreeeeee....

I can tell this game will consume all my available free time.

Shengar

I still don't find the cats worth chasing after them. I feel like the better option if you really want to get rid of them is to do it yourself and then focus on the large one.
I know, I just tell why the small fries should be killed and what would happened if you don't :p
Pal here, we got a code inside the box.
Us folk who buy US copy receive nothing but the game :(

Took me 8 minutes to kill the Seltas. I should've upgraded my weapon first :lol
Is Seltas considered big monster? Or perhaps "half" big like Jaggi/Drome?
Got a king's frill from my first G. Jaggi. Off to a good start.
Poor Jaggi, when will he got his deserved revengeance?

Hellraider

Seltas dies pretty quickly, even with jank first stage weapons. But forgetting to paint it when you don't really know the map, or its patterns yet. Yikes!

I run out of paintballs twice trying to paint him! Only had the supply ones in both cases. T_T

I had some fun with Tri on the 3DS but the grinding for gear really wore thin, as well as the repetitive environments and wonky camera.

Does MH4 improve on these in any way? I thought I had read that there was more than one town in this too.

umbra

My MH N3DS was finally delivered, gonna be playing as much as I can now!

Also added myself to the GAF spreadsheet, looking forward to playing with everyone.

Blunoise

Man I've doing errands all day, now heading home on the train to play. I hope some of you all add me from the fc list and hunt online.

Valus

Urrrghhhh. Mine's been "out for delivery" since 7:30am. It says it will arrive by 8pm, but I had it sent to my work figuring that you know, it'd be delivered at a decent hour. It's now 3:30pm and it still say it's out for delivery. Is there any way for me to see where the heck it is beyond that? Work is closing shop in an hour.

All right, let's do this:

3mNSNdY.jpg

Hugstable

Banned
MONSTER HUNTER 4 FUCK YEAH!!!!!!

... and Majora's Mask too I guess. ;P

Time to start hunting! Just got home from unsuccessfully looking for a New 3DS, so I'm gonna drown my sorrows with Monster Hunter!

Does the game still run ay a good framerate on regular 3DS XL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom