• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

Gypceros playing dead was pretty funny at first, good way to get a Dash Extract if you don't mind taking a hit. It's annoying when he's part of a double hunt though and you decide to go for him first lol

Kyzon

Gypceros playing dead was pretty funny at first, good way to get a Dash Extract if you don't mind taking a hit. It's annoying when he's part of a double hunt though and you decide to go for him first lol

I was carving him and watching his head horn charge up. I was just thinking, "this is about to be bad"

lol, I love Monhun

Raide

Is the Online HR rank based upon doing a few of the available quests, then do the Urgent and then your rank goes up?

JimPanzer

Yep yep, I love the monsters design and the area is pretty cool too but the fight itself... oh man.

probably won that fight 10 times now and I still have no idea what I'm doing and what you are supposed to do

Is the Online HR rank based upon doing a few of the available quests, then do the Urgent and then your rank goes up?

Until HR7 you have to do key quests, than an urgent unlocks, after you've beaten this you get a rank up. After doing the urgent for 7* to what would be 8* (g-rank) your HR is calculated through hunter points which you get for every quest you do (doesn't matter if online or offline) and you've done up to this point - that's why you'll see a jump from HR7 to something around HR30-HR40 after beating the 7* urgent.

Atram

you only need to do the key quests for each rank (can be shared), after that the urgent apears (you need to choose the quest to finish ist).

Reknoc

Oh no, I've been going though these 8* quests trying to unlock the HR Gravios quest but it's apparently 6*? whatttttttt. Is this one I have to unlock through the gathering hall or something?

Vuze

Yeah pretty much this until you unlock the HR (which will happen after the
Dalamadur
urgent), You will then rank up after acquiring a certain amount of Hunter Rank Points (the more difficult the quests you do, the more points you'll get).
probably won that fight 10 times now and I still have no idea what I'm doing and what you are supposed to do
Same here haha. I basically go for the tail when it shows up, dodge the biting attack, go for the back and rinse and repeat lol

JimPanzer

Oh no, I've been going though these 8* quests trying to unlock the HR Gravios quest but it's apparently 6*? whatttttttt. Is this one I have to unlock through the gathering hall or something?

I think you can get a HR gravios hunt-a-thon just through singleplayer progression

Anybody seen any information regarding Palico skills and their effectiveness? Recently I've been playing with a Bomber as my 2nd pal and while he's at times incredibly disruptive it also sort of feels worth it, but I don't know for sure since I don't know exactly how much damage he's dealing. I see him flinch the monsters often enough to make me feel like it's really good, though.

Also, Meowster Hunters makes no sense to me. I usually put them on auto but every once in awhile I'll do it manually and it just feels random. I made a team where every cat had varying degrees of yellow attacks, and just two of them had red, against monsters with all red attacks.

Get in and every single round I only get the option to use red or nothing. So every round is a wash and I end up failing at the second monster. Not once does it allow me to use any yellow in like 5 rounds...

Prolly just gonna slap it on auto and not worry about it until I find something that can explain if there's a way to do it properly.

Reknoc

I think you can get a HR gravios hunt-a-thon just through singleplayer progression

oh, yea, that'll be much better for getting my gem. Time to carry on with these quests!

Also, Meowster Hunters makes no sense to me. I usually put them on auto but every once in awhile I'll do it manually and it just feels random. I made a team where every cat had varying degrees of yellow attacks, and just two of them had red, against monsters with all red attacks.

Get in and every single round I only get the option to use red or nothing. So every round is a wash and I end up failing at the second monster. Not once does it allow me to use any yellow in like 5 rounds...

Prolly just gonna slap it on auto and not worry about it until I find something that can explain if there's a way to do it properly.

Just do it from the cat in your house, don't have to do anything then. Dunno if there's any downside to that, but it's probably not a big enough deal to go through the minigame.

Starting to get a handle on the CB ... my goodness!

A full shield charged release is so satisfying when done right.

It's like for a moment ... YOU become the monster.

Armaly

What's good blademaster armor for hr3? In Freedom Unite I had Tigrex armor specced for earplugs along with a True Devil Slicer but I realized that there's a better lightning ls and Tigrex armor no longer naturally gives an ear plug bonus? Right now I have Tetsucabra armor.

deim0s

Anybody using the old XL experiencing battles in Monoblos/Apex Seregios to run like on half-speed?

Anybody seen any information regarding Palico skills and their effectiveness? Recently I've been playing with a Bomber as my 2nd pal and while he's at times incredibly disruptive it also sort of feels worth it, but I don't know for sure since I don't know exactly how much damage he's dealing. I see him flinch the monsters often enough to make me feel like it's really good, though.

This might help:
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55239/t2099177-ace-palico-fortes-more/

I never add bomber type of Felynes as a companion ever! They're going to to screw up your setup/big-attack when you need it most.

I think you still have to counter the monster moves based on the three colors in the mini-game. IMO, just use the cat in the room to get some scraps.

What's good blademaster armor for hr3? In Freedom Unite I had Tigrex armor specced for earplugs along with a True Devil Slicer but I realized that there's a better lightning ls and Tigrex armor no longer naturally gives an ear plug bonus? Right now I have Tetsucabra armor.

They moved those Tigrex armor skills to the Brute variant... Tigrex U.

Go Velociprey S and gem in Attack Up L or XL.

Cerity

Meowster hunters thing is just a rock paper scissors game. I think it's R > Y, Y > B, B > R and white is neutral. There's a little chart thing before you send them out. Just

Reknoc

Beating on an iodrome on my way to work and all I could think of is "why are you even in this game". Why is it in this game. It should have been a wroggi instead, all 'dromes are the same, even their armour looks the same. A G. Jaggi and G, Wroggy with a Veloci and Gen would have been more interesting and a bit more balanced for scrub monsters.

Also the Wroggi set looks better.

Yeah I killed him first and wasn't sure if he was playing dead so I was circling around him for like 15 seconds waiting for him to wake up

Cerity

Oh god, he's immune to flash bombs and pitfall traps. And you either need purple sharpness or the deflector skills to hit his tail. Don't remember him being anywhere near this annoying.

So uh can you bait any monsters with frog bait in this game? Zamtrios might be a likely candidate what with his monster list bio indicating its love for frogs but I haven't figured out how or even if you can bait it with them.

Raide

Damn Gypceros is a hiding jerk. Stop damn running off. I spend so long chasing him around that the paintball wears off and I spend even longer chasing him again. What makes is worse is that all the areas he is in all all weird terrain, which makes bow use a nightmare.

Finally got that jerk down!

Stay free Darren Moran. Whole party disconnected but I still managed to kill him in about the same time it'd take a full group. Even got an Earth Dragongem for my persistence.

Fought Tigrex yesterday, it's a shell of itself sadly. Seltas Queen was a really fun fight, really interesting mechanics :)

Absolute truth. I was really looking forward to my first Tigrex but even dual frenzied Tigrexes were a joke.

I wonder if MHFU's broken hitboxes is what made him so scary before. Now I'm comfortable being right under him because I know I can get out when I need to without being dragged by an invisible limb.

JimPanzer

damn, the Regios X set is damn good.

managed to get these skills on it:

Constitution +2
Bleeding +1
Edge Lore +1
Evade +1
Evade Dist +1
Sharpener -1

it also looks superb, like something directly taken out of dark souls

damn, the Regios X set is damn good.

managed to get these skills on it:

Constitution +2
Bleeding +1
Edge Lore +1
Evade +1
Evade Dist +1
Sharpener -1

it also looks superb, like something directly taken out of dark souls

Damn good set. Edge lore is amazing. Needs to be paired with something with already awesome sharpness for maximum effect though, due to no honed blade or sharpness+1.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Yeah I killed him first and wasn't sure if he was playing dead so I was circling around him for like 15 seconds waiting for him to wake up

If you don't break it, you can tell he's playing dead because the light on his head (the one that causes the flash) starts flashing before he gets up

Got 3 earth dragongems from one d. mohran hunt.

There goes the rest of my luck for the entire game.

That's what I said when I mined 5 machalite from my first blue node on day one.

Edit: Lol. Just got 3 Velocidrome Heads....from hunting 2 Velocidrome.

Something's genetically wrong here.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Has anyone else noticed that Rustshards seem super common now? I don't think I ever saw the "Rustshard at maximum" message while mining in any previous MH games.

Has anyone else noticed that Rustshards seem super common now? I don't think I ever saw the "Rustshard at maximum" message while mining in any previous MH games.

I saw that message all the time in Tri. But yeah, they're definitely pretty common here, too. And I've been lucky enough that it's only given me weapons I use. Rusted Lance and Rusted Hammer so far.

Shengar

Got 3 earth dragongems from one d. mohran hunt.

There goes the rest of my luck for the entire game.

The same happened to me too in 3U. completing my Helios X set. Then after that I never got any cloudy moonshard for the next 15 Lucent Nargs

The one thing i dont like about this game is its almost too good.

This is my complaint with this game
But then I remember the bullshit that is Yian Garuga

jorgejjvr

Woah just got to guild 7 and it jump considerably in difficulty. That second monster the Alz something lol his hits hurt and I was literally across the other side of the stage and he did this massive beam or sonic boom of sorts and it reached me from all the way from one end of the stage to the other and it completely one hit KO me. Woah. It's this expected? I thought my armor defense has been pretty good, until now lol. And how do you Dodge this. And damn I also have some weapons and armor to make but low on money. Yikes.

Blitzhex

Woah just got to guild 8 and it jump considerably in difficulty. That second monster the Alz something lol his hits hurt and I was literally across the other side of the stage and he did this massive beam or sonic boom of sorts and it reached me from all the way from one end of the stage to the other and it completely one hit KO me. Woah

Welcome to G rank, enjoy your stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom