• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pila

Anyone still low rank? I'm HR2 with my urgent ready, we can do turns or whatever. C'mon c'mon!! =)

64-5061-8415-8547

Password 8787

krossj

Rathian / Rathalos are so un-fun as melee, way too much airtime. Was a lot more manageable with a Bow back in MH3U.

I'm enjoying them as much as i did in mh3u as a melee player. The traversal lets you get a quick hit in when they are in the air this time round which is nice. Tigrex on the other hand is taking a lot of getting used to, it just goes wild over the span of the area and its difficult to know when to go for a hit apart from when it is down.

Is there any thorough Palico guide up in English? I just hit High Rank and I have no idea if my Low Rank Palicos are obsolete, what are the best quest/non-quest skills I should look for, etc.

It might have something to do with a computer's Unicode settings. I've had that issue before with a program that used multiple languages. It just... crashed. It can be fixed if that's the issue, but you have to go deep into Windows settings.

Ugh. I'll just stick to my MH4U Database app on my phone then lol

Once I learned how to trap monsters I don't think I've killed one more than a few time since. It's so much more satisfying also all dem items :eek:
Just remember to check drop tables when you're looking for a part since not everything gains percentage on cap, some even drop less or not at all.

R0ckman

Is there any thorough Palico guide up in English? I just hit High Rank and I have no idea if my Low Rank Palicos are obsolete, what are the best quest/non-quest skills I should look for, etc.

Would be stupid, because Palicos can be street passed. I know you encounter higher leveled ones in HR and are more likely to find Launching and Stamina stealing cats in HR.

how do you make traps and tranq?

Pitfall is nets and trap kits, nets you make from ivy and spider webs. Shock Traps are thunderbugs and trap kits.

Tranqs are bomb casings and tranqilizers bought from the shop.

I'd be okay if this game would stop making me attack and kill a monster as it sleeps, nestled around its eggs/future children. I know they're not real but...I feel weird anyway :-/

R0ckman

Yeah, sometimes I choose to go for a capture if a monster is giving me hell and I'm going to be carted if I get spammed and they just won't die.

ilium

not a guide, but good overview:

Combat
Blunt Weapon+ - Increases melee attack power when using a blunt weapon.
Cutting Weapon+ - Increases melee attack power when using a cutting weapon.
(Element) Synergy - Adds (element) to Team Attacks.
(Status) - Edge The Palico's melee and ranged attacks gain (Status) effects.
Team Attack Boost - Greatly upgrades the tools used in Palico Team Attacks, giving them new properties.
Weapon Element+ - Increases elemental properties of the equipped weapon.
Affinity Boost - Increases likelihood of the Palico dealing critical hits.
Frenzy Punisher - Increases Attack against frenzied monsters.
Artillery Meowster - Increases the power of the Palico's Cannon and Ballista attacks.
Team Signal - Allows you to give a signal and order Palicoes to do a Team Attack.
Felvine Bomb - Enables a Barrel Bomb-wielding Palico to occasionaly throw a Felvine Bomb.
Block Boost - Increases likelihood of the palico blocking attacks.
Big Block Boost - Greatly increases likelihood of the palico blocking attacks.
Negate Poison - Completely prevents the Palico from being poisoned.
Earplug - The Palico is unaffected by roars.
Non-Stick Fur - Palico Recovers quickly from effects like Snowman.
Omniresistance - Slightly increases all Resistances.
Negate Wind - Palico is unaffected by certain amounts of wind pressure.
Team Attack Haste - Decreases the time between team attack activation and the application of its effect.
Team Attack Redux - Allows a team attack to be repeated immediately if it fails.
Attack/Defense Up - Increases Palico's Attack and Defense.
Gathering Ban - Palico will not gather at gather points.
Bounceback - Allows the Palico to get back on their feet quickly after taking damage.
Slackproof - Prevents the Palico from slacking.
Speedy Recovery - Speeds up Palico's natural healing.
Last Stand - No second chances! The Palico won't revive, but their stats greatly improve.
Slacking Recovery - Palico recovers health while slacking.

Casting Machine
Meowster Fishermyan - Sometimes increases rewards earned from the Casting Machine.
Fearsome Fisher - When using the caster machine, schools of fish are slower and easier to catch.
Handsome Haul - Increases the casting machine's net size.
Arowana Catcher - Increases the likelihood of catching Bomb/Burst Arowana with the casting machine.
Scatterfish Catcher - Increases the likelihood of catching Scatterfish with the casting machine.
S. Goldenfish Catcher - Increases the likelihood of catching Small Goldenfish with the casting machine.

Meownster Hunter
Melee Strike - As a Meonster Hunter, enables a melee attack.
Melee Barrage - As a Meonster Hunter, enables a devastating melee attack.
Melee Onslaught - As a Meonster Hunter, enables ultimate melee attacks.
Ranged Strike - As a Meonster Hunter, enables a ranged attack.
Ranged Barrage - As a Meonster Hunter, enables a devastating ranged attack.
Ranged Onslaught - As a Meonster Hunter, enables ultimate ranged attacks.
Bomb Strike - As a Meonster Hunter, enables a bomb attack.
Bomb Barrage - As a Meonster Hunter, enables a devastating bomb attack.
Bomb Onslaught - As a Meonster Hunter, enables ultimate bomb attacks.
Recovery Boost - As a Meownster Hunter, enhances health recovery effects.
Skill Technician - As a Meonster Hunter, makes Palico Skills trigger more often.
Melee Attack+ - Sometimes enhances blunt attacks as a Meownster Hunter.
Ranged Attack+ - Sometimes enhances ranged attacks as a Meownster Hunter.
Bomb Attack+ - Sometimes enhances explosive attacks as a Meownster Hunter.
Treasure Hunter - Sometimes increases rewards earned.
Experience Boost - Increases Meownster Hunter and Casting Machine experience.
Reward Reaper - As a Meonster Hunter, sometimes increases the rewards earned.

DdrANvn.png

Scher

difference between tranq and tranq bombs? Tranqs from the shop enough to capture?

seems like capturing takes a lot of resources

Tranqs from the shop can't be used on their own. You have to make a tranq bomb or bullets or something with them in order to use them.

R0ckman

You wouldn't happen to know when a Najarala is trappable would you? He looks the same regardless to me

Its hard to tell because of their awkward movement, but when the slither away it looks REALLY exaggerated like they're drunk. If its hard to tell, let them go back to their sleep zone to sleep. Pretty much means they can be caught.

Mupod

I haven't paid attention to cat stats at all. I just recruited one with support abilities and called it a day. Seems to be working out, except that one time he shock trapped Zinogre. Bad kitty.

Its hard to tell because of their awkward movement, but when the slither away it looks REALLY exaggerated like they're drunk. If its hard to tell, let them go back to their sleep zone to sleep. Pretty much means they can be caught.

All the ones I fought, just burrowed away when they weren't weak.

I feel like Cephadrome and Cephalos were contracted out to people who hate the game and when they were finished absolutely no one in the development team bothered to play test it to see if it was actually fun or interesting to fight.

Really feels like the game is wasting my time with that fight. If I didn't win that quest I was going to put the game away for a long while.
Never play MHFU then, Cephadrome in that game is so much worse since it never. fucking. surfaced. unless you brought a whole stack of sonic bombs

R0ckman

I haven't paid attention to cat stats at all. I just recruited one with support abilities and called it a day. Seems to be working out, except that one time he shock trapped Zinogre. Bad kitty.

All the ones I fought, just burrowed away when they weren't weak.

Switch out your cats for what you fight. Also typically monsters won't burrow on the spot. They will move away from you towards an exit and then borrow.

I need to post this : I've been playing Monster Hunter for years (mostly Unite, P3rd and now 4U), I've just had my first 4P match tonight, and I'm amazed by how quickly our foe got slaughtered XD

All these years I've tought it was a tough series. I've been living in a lie XD

I am now half lobster, half Nargacuga.

What have I become.

So how EXACTLY does Palico scouting work? Is it that there's always one in the "cat" area every quest? Or only sometimes?

Projared's beginner's guide is pretty funny.

Never play MHFU then, Cephadrome in that game is so much worse since it never. fucking. surfaced. unless you brought a whole stack of sonic bombs

I just hate how most of the time he runs away to the other side of the area repeatedly and sits there doing nothing.

If I have to farm him for anything I'll definitely do it online since it should be easier with more people to cover more space.

microfolk

I've spent the evening trying to farm the Yian Garuga because of course it's a great idea to make a new armor set after a really tiring and stressful day, isn't it.
The main problem is that I don't understand what the fuck should I do when the giant chicken enters rage mode. It'srelentless, I don't even know when it's safe to sheate my weapon or chug a potion, trying to get more than a hit from time to time is really really difficult.
It continues to charge and after the charge it does some quick pecking or even worse the two mega-pecks which absolutely destroy me and then it transitions instantly into another attack wtf.
How should I approach this fight? I'm using the Gore's charge blade and the Lagombi's set, though I don't think this should matter much since I fail to see the openings themselves. :(

Comandr

So I'm HR5 online and HR7 offline, and I'm still trying to figure out how to unlock Crazy Stupid Love for my HR gore parts. Is there a definitive answer? Google reveals nothing.

I've done almost every single offline quest available ( even the nightmarish egg hunts) and still it won't pop. Anyone know the conditions to unlock?

If you're having a LOT of trouble with trying to find an opening, paint ball and just leave. You can heal in another zone and still keep an eye on him. If he's red on your map that manes he's still "in combat" and would still be enraged. He'll turn blue when he has settled down. It might be longer, but it may be easier. Also, I hate to take you out of your comfort zone, but try a different weapon or strategy. Gun/lances can block while moving, a luxury that charge blade doesn't have. I was able to solo very very high by myself using a gun lance. You just block while moving at them and poke when you can. It's a war of attrition, but one you usually win.

Raide

I did. Now what? Is it in the same spot or randomly somewhere else? im on 6* and only have one side kick and one Palico on that island.

Head out on expeditions and you can find Palico around the map. Just talk to them and it says scouted. At the end, just choose to hire them.

On the expeditions, you can also find Poogies (Pigs) and they give you clothes for your house pig.

Shiina

So I'm HR5 online and HR7 offline, and I'm still trying to figure out how to unlock Crazy Stupid Love for my HR gore parts. Is there a definitive answer? Google reveals nothing.

I've done almost every single offline quest available ( even the nightmarish egg hunts) and still it won't pop. Anyone know the conditions to unlock?

Did you do the C6 Dah'ren quest?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Pretty sure it is a 6* village quest. I just kept doing the Advanced: xxxx quests and it unlocked for me eventually.

So, I need an Ancient Fragment. According to Kiranico's guide and Ping's guide, I get it by exchanging Dash Juice with the Village Elder - is that the guy that shows up in quests that gives you stuff? So if I bring Dash Juice, is like a 100% thing, or an only sometimes thing that I'll get the Ancient Fragment?

look around village to village and see if anybody is requesting anything. it should start after you complete the val halbar festival and challenges(the last includes slay/repelling dahren mohran)

zlCfzTCvVl8CdNzRQq

Okay you guys seriously overhyped the Tigrex. Frenzy Tigrex didn't even make me use a damn potion.

EDIT: And that's the first time I've ever fought a Tigrex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom