• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKrockin

Woah, I can make horns with purple notes already? I just entered High Rank. In 3U it took me until the end of High Rank. I felt a bit useless still playing Attack Up Small and playing Negate Stamina Use to be of much help buff-wise in the middle of High Rank when people started to bring Dash Juices and get Earplugs on armor sets. This is a huge deal. Attack Up Large here I come!

Woah, I can make horns with purple notes already? I just entered High Rank. In 3U it took me until the end of High Rank. I felt a bit useless still playing Attack Up Small and playing Negate Stamina Use to be of much help buff-wise in the middle of High Rank when people started to bring Dash Juices and get Earplugs on armor sets. This is a huge deal. Attack Up Large here I come!

Which purple note horn can you make? I'm One Urgent away from HR5 and I still can't make any horns with purple notes.

PKrockin

Which purple note horn can you make? I'm One Urgent away from HR5 and I still can't make any horns with purple notes.
I'm doing the caravan quests first, and right after I finished the Daimyo Hermitaur, which is the first quest of HR caravan, I got the Master Bagpipe and Shell Castanet showing up in my Forge Weapons menu. Master Bagpipe just requires some ores and bugs from HR Dunes which I mined and caught in that quest and Shell Castanet is a mix of Hermitaur/Ceanataur/Gypceros parts. Both are Purple/Blue/Red.

PKrockin

Just wasted an hour because these people couldn't dive away from the beam. Send help.
The lack of voice chat really hurts in that situation. In MH3U I could just lean into the mic and go "hey guys, panic dive through the beam. You're invincible the entire dive" or even go into an adjacent area and type that in my keyboard in like 5-10 seconds.

Now you can only watch.

I don't think they're that difficult. I've been able to solo eight of then in the village. I'm only missing a pulsating blast heart but I can't obtain it :(

-Alternis

once upon a time when there was only MH4, it was a real tough opponent for HR50. No village version back then. And no G gear.

Volcynika

How do you get the second egg back in the Gwarga egg quest at the start? I got the first one back, but the second one, my path was blocked and everything else seems to break it. I never did these quests in 3U. D:

Shiina

I'm in! I just want to finish this urgent...

Alright I'll make a room. If anyone is bored feel free to come by and help so I can stop doing this dumb quest for the next couple days. Until I need another 5 tails for the next upgrade anyway ;_;

46-5918-7558-7545

Password is 2589

Ooooookkaaaaayyy...

I saw a guy on youtube who was taking waaaay less damage than I was in the fight, enough for it to be like a 8-10 hit death instead of 3. That is a huge difference, enough to make me think it is actually possible for non-psychopaths to work through. I did some calculations and my armor could definitely be better. He was using zamtrios armor but didn't say how far it was upgraded, either way my armor is 16 behind that at base level, so the medium armor bonus doesn't even catch up there, and who knows is if the spread widens with armor spheres. I wonder if he bothered to go through the green armor spheres.

That zamtrios set enables carnivore, which could be magnificent, but in the time it would take to farm that I'd probably be able to do plesioth since I already have a decent amount of mats for that, and it could be even better. Since it doesn't use faulds, if I went with zamtrios for those I'd have 6 slots for gems not including weapon. So I could get speed sharpening or tremor resistance. While farming what I need I may also get proper scraps for some better cat armor and level the cats up more.

He wasn't using any potions, but I could easily do mega demondrug, mega armorskin, and mega dash juice on top, perhaps even an armor horn to help my cats survive longer. Then a weapon that hits harder faster and has something gore is weak to would be a lot better. Say, a khezu shock sword, which would be easy to acquire since I'm most of the way there. That would be able to guard as well and still giving some good wallops on his head since trying to combo him is a joke, and perhaps paralyze him sometimes. Then I could use a mess of pitfall and shock traps since I'd have quick setup ability.

Question is... am I up for this much work to jump over the insanely-much-higher wall that came out of nowhere? How often will it keep locking me in tiny spaces with such insane beasts like this, requiring such extensive setup? Would I enjoy this as so much here seems gear-dependent for the real challenge monsters while said monsters make the others seem like a joke in comparison? I don't know. I just know I'm very sleepy right now so I can't deal with it's bullshit until I'm rested.

is this your first MH game? :)

PKrockin

How do you get the second egg back in the Gwarga egg quest at the start? I got the first one back, but the second one, my path was blocked and everything else seems to break it. I never did these quests in 3U. D:
Run up behind a Gwarga and smack it in the back. It'll drop an egg. I don't think you need to be really stealthy as people suggested, running it always works for me as long as I was behind the Gwarga the whole time.
Do the monsters heal when they retreat to a different area
If they go to sleep for a while they do recover a small bit of health. Nothing to be concerned about though. The reason you want to get there before they wake up is because the first hit on a sleeping monster does triple damage. Free triple damage greatsword charge / barrel bomb on the weak point!

Hale-XF11

I don't understand why a game like Heroes of Ruin can have online voice chat (which works pretty damn well, imo), but Monster Hunter of all things doesn't.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

You can climb walls with an egg, or blow up the rock with a barrel bomb.

Also smack them in the butt

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Just wasted an hour because these people couldn't dive away from the beam. Send help.

The rage gets real. I stopped using megapotions before the second beam because of that last night. I was burning resources like crazy just to see the single beam triplecart.

DooD1234

Just slew S. Magala. He was rather a tame fight. Question what was the deal with the Magala monster again? Seems like all it did was make monsters angry and extra violent. I actually tried to read what the game "plot" suppose to be but made zero sense to me besides "This monster messing things up, go kill it hunter" lol. Ah well I still have like 200 more hours to go through.

bobohoro

Man Kama, sorry, that was totally on me. I wasted my tranqs like an idiot, brought the wrong trap and failed the capture in the end, after that long battle. :/

Just did the Emerald Congalala quest and was wondering why he wouldn't die. Took me like, 25 minutes. Turns out his element is fire and I brought a fire bow. Oops.

Do all of the different colored variants have different weaknesses?

melos

Man just got my ass handed to me in G - Rank. What a humbling experience.....The real Monster Hunter 4 starts here!

Bah, my first triple cart was to Gore Magala, the real fight with him to get to 5* caravan.

I am using dual blades, specifically Felyne and Melynx right now, with Tetsucabra armor. My weapons have paralyze on them... they don't seem to be paralyzing this Gore Magala. Should I switch back to my old Twin Chainsaws for their lightning element?

You can climb walls with an egg, or blow up the rock with a barrel bomb.

Also smack them in the butt
THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.
Just did the Emerald Congalala quest and was wondering why he wouldn't die. Took me like, 25 minutes. Turns out his element is fire and I brought a fire bow. Oops.

Do all of the different colored variants have different weaknesses?
Generally, yeah. I usually look every monster up in the MH4Dex before fighting them, just to make sure I've got the right SnS.

Just slew S. Magala. He was rather a tame fight. Question what was the deal with the Magala monster again? Seems like all it did was make monsters angry and extra violent. I actually tried to read what the game "plot" suppose to be but made zero sense to me besides "This monster messing things up, go kill it hunter" lol. Ah well I still have like 200 more hours to go through.

"This monster is going to turn an entire mountain and then some into a bloody graveyard, and possibly screw some other shit up to" sounds like a good reason to go kill something. It's MonHan, this is more story than we've ever gotten haha.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Bah, my first triple cart was to Gore Magala, the real fight with him to get to 5* caravan.

I am using dual blades, specifically Felyne and Melynx right now, with Tetsucabra armor. My weapons have paralyze on them... they don't seem to be paralyzing this Gore Magala. Should I switch back to my old Twin Chainsaws for their lightning element?

Yeah swap to lighting, also do not waste your mounts and use them when he is frenzy

probably a stupid question but this is my first time playing a mh game online but why does your hunter rank jump up to the 30s and 40s etc?

PKrockin

Spoilered because the plot is what we're all here for:
Many years ago the monsters of Heaven's Mount suddenly went crazy and killed everything in sight, and eventually the mountain was completely devoid of life. Turns out that was the Frenzy virus and now a Gore Magala, which seems to be the source of the virus, has returned to the mountain and spreading the virus again. I assume the reason the villagers are concerned about all these dangerous killing machines disappearing is because they also depend on them to maintain the ecosystem and their way of life.

probably a stupid question but this is my first time playing a mh game online but why does your hunter rank jump up to the 30s and 40s etc?

Because after a certain point your rank "uncaps" and starts being based not on the key quests you've completed, but on how many/what monsters you've killed. All the monsters you killed at the beginning, before that point, count, thus the huge jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom