• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoee

Hey hey, I need to farm one Rathalos Plate to complete the armor set.

I did him like 5-6 times now with no luck, so maybe someone wants to help out?
It's HR3

Friendcode: 4528-0479-8181
Lobby Pin: 3333

slash3584

One question, I currently don't have a Wifi connection on my apartment (moved yesterday) If I buy this and a new 3DS can I play the game without updating the 3DS's firmware or downloading some patch for the game?

Spiders ain't shit

zlCfzTC2mtoS0HYSOW

Skills: CE+1, Capture Guru, Wide-Range+1, Trap Master, Negate Poison, Raise Hunger :(

Guys, how much blocks will consume MH4 with all patches? I plan to download it to the preinstalled SD card. Currently I have 21626 blocks free. Is this enough?

Why not Speed Sharpner since you're using SnS? I got a +8 Hunger Talisman so that removed the negative stat.
I figured that wide-range fit better with the support theme of the set. And SnS is an excellent support weapon. Also as others have said, I can get Felyne Polisher if I really need the speed sharpen.

Edit: I plan on doing a Wide-range+2, Mycology setup in Grank. I just hope I can do it without that fugly Conga set.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just gunned a Tigrex solo without carting. Felt damn good. I think I've got my confidence back in my gunning skills. And man, the Demon's Isle is such a good LBG for late low rank/early high rank. 4x rapid fire on Normal S Lv. 2 is super good for this point in the game.

So I got a Dios Blade+ and I like it and all but I'm still not sure what's with it's "bomb" element. I know it can cause explosions sometimes but how does it work? Is it even a good element, are monsters weak/resistant to it? Is the explosion random or is it on Crit or what.

I finally unlocked a quest that might have the Firecell Stones I need. I'll be upgrading my Grim Cat in no time. Then I can focus on more armor.

That said,
F.U. Monoblos!

EDIT: And it's done!

jorgejjvr

So I've been reading around and it seems like the next 3 upgrades for my shell informer IG is from the hermitarous from guild 8, looks like I'll be doing a lot of grinding on him when I get to hr 8 lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So let me get this straight, in order to fight a measly Yian Kut Ku I have to either keep going on expeditions until he shows up, or keep checking the expedition thing after every quest until he shows up, then beat the shit out of him enough to either get a drop or kill him, then go to the quest registration pool and register it, at which point I'll be able to play it in the guild? What a convoluted mess. I thought these were just unlocking in the guild as I fought them, not going to and being overwritten in some pool of things I need to register.

I nearly screwed a collection quest, it was impossible to gather 4 sulfur crystals. completed 4 minutes before deadline. phew.
I will need some help later to clear hr3 quests. I'll set up a room, hope to see some of you!

Raptomex

I think the Monster Hunter series finally clicked with me. I thank this game. I have 3 on Wii, Wii U, and 3DS. Never did get very far but this game... so much fun. Not sure what it is.

Question. If I pause the game in SP does that actually pause the quest timer?

ConmanIX

Finally made it to G Rank, after soloing Dalamadur and Ukanlos, Felt so good :D I'm gonna miss the cheery atmosphere of the guild hall though :(

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I just saw those two expensive items in the item shops that say they increase your power and defense for holding them. They worth it? Do they work if I just keep them in my inventory?

Pila

I think my brain will never learn that I need to move the pad while throwing tranqs in order to actually throw it ( . .) I keep hitting my shoes with them. What's even the point of this new thing? It drives me crazy.

JimPanzer

I just saw those two expensive items in the item shops that say they increase your power and defense for holding them. They worth it? Do they work if I just keep them in my inventory?

yes worth it, just put them in your inventory. you can upgrade them later with mats from deviljho.

bobohoro

I think my brain will never learn that I need to move the pad while throwing tranqs in order to actually throw it ( . .) I keep hitting my shoes with them. What's even the point of this new thing? It drives me crazy.

Stand besides the monster and let it fall. If you ever had smaller monsters jump into the way of your final tranq bomb after a half hour hunt, you'd appreciate the new option.

Shengar

Smaller monsters are hard to hit with throw, hence Capcom reworked it.
EDIT: Monsters that trapped with Pit Trap that is.

Mupod

Stand besides the monster and let it fall. If you ever had smaller monsters jump into the way of your final tranq bomb after a half hour hunt, you'd appreciate the new option.

yeah I typically stand on top of the monster to throw my tranqs anyways. But I didn't do that my very first capture mission and almost failed it because I wasn't expecting it to work like a poison smoke bomb.

I think the Monster Hunter series finally clicked with me. I thank this game. I have 3 on Wii, Wii U, and 3DS. Never did get very far but this game... so much fun. Not sure what it is.

Question. If I pause the game in SP does that actually pause the quest timer?

yeah. I leave my game paused and in sleep mode a lot, no point exiting out of it when I'm just gonna be playing it again in 20 minutes.

PKrockin

I have 7 Gore Magala Plates after hunting it 9 times. wtf

what am i even going to do with all these plates, set my dining table with them for parties?

FINALLY, my Special Edition arrived yesterday. It was a long wait for it, but now that it's here I can finally crack it open, put my swag where it belongs, and begin playing.

Haunted

I've heard Jason from GB say on the bombcast that hunters can finally trade rarer materials than Rare4 against other rare materials in MH4.

That true or made up? How does it work, exactly?

Thanks for the videos will watch after work, I wanted to know, do you pick up XP for using weapons? like in for example in Destiny or are they only upgradable by forging/buying them. Sorry for these noob questions :/
Never apologise for asking questions, experienced hunters love helping out people who are just getting started (or have played for a while) and there's a billion little and a billion big things to learn in MH. That's what the GAF MH community is for! :)

Mupod

Last night I did Not-Jhen solo for my HR3 urgent and was surprised by how easily he went down. Problem is I'd expected a longer fight and brought tons of combo books and ammo combination mats which filled up my inventory. Sure enough, final carve was a brief flash of an earth dragongem and 'inventory full' warning before the quest complete screen came up. Fuck.

Deband

Is this the right place to ask a few questions? I hope so.

I am tempted to pick this game up but I only have an old 3DS XL, how bad are the old controls? I don't usually play this type of game on handhelds cos of the hand cramps, how are peoples hands holding up to extended play?

Thanks.

For me, it took half a hour each. Beating Rajang was a pain.

Just you wait for the ultimate 6 Star quest lol.

Man, I just moved on to High Rank and avoided that one. I remember in MH3U, you HAD to do that one to move on to High Rank, and it was so dang tough... Took the whole 50 minutes and still got triple carted 2 or 3 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom