• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Banned
Thanks. Care to elaborate at all? Oh and this is high rank armor btw. I do think that SnS is a great support weapon, so support skills would be best. That being said, speed sharpen would mean I have way more time to do damage.

Wide-range essentially makes every regular potion you have a life powder. Combine that with the fact that SnS can use items unsheathed means all of your teammates will love you.

Speed sharpen is useful, but you can make due with felyne polisher until you can get a set that has wide-range and speed sharpen.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
My copy of MH4U and my CPP came in the mail today ughhhhhh so much hype. Just got back from apple bees stuffing my face with delicious food/dessert I'm going to overload on endorphins.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I still can't get the hang of guard points with CB. I'm either too early or too late. Only time I successfully do it is when roars happens

If you're doing it from a neutral standing position, it can be hard because the window is smaller. I find it's better to assign a big button for special attacks on your touch screen. Use that instead of pressing X+R on the fly and you might be more consistent (it definitely helped me)

No one has an amazing knowledge of hunting horns like they do with dual swords and other such things? Just got a master's horn and before that the Gore horn version 1.

Cerity

The hell is going on with my game. Did that HR4 Tetsu + Gendrome quest and got 2 bird wyvern gems and 3 gendrome heads. Just did the Pink ian urgent for HR5 and got 2 rath rubies.

Mupod

just upgraded my najarala HBG to rank 6, it's beautiful once you take the limiter off. 11 shots of normal 2 and hits like a truck.

also kechawacha is always easy but I don't think anyone at Capcom actually tried fighting this guy with an HBG. He does literally nothing to you and stands around waiting to die.

anyways looking forward to helping some people through HR4 in the coming days. I'm gonna take my sweet time before moving on, now that my food is more or less maxed out. Still need drinks I guess.

Saro

Got the game on Friday but had too many classes to actually play for long. Any good sets for a long sword and insect glaive user in low rank(made it to HR2).

So I reached high rank in the solo missions, and just completed one of the quests hunting the yian kut-ku, and going to the man to look at the armor, and all of a sudden these RARE5 were unlocked, and they were at least TWICE the defense provided the next best equipment...

I am slightly overwhelmed knowing how crappy my equipments are now... Do you guys now just grind over one monster to get some WAY better equipment?

BearPawB

Banned
Just started this game today
No real idea what I am doing. The first real monster fight (the flying insect thing) kicked my ass twice, but i downed him eventually.

Then experimented with online, found 3 others doing the flying insect again. Ground that out a few times really quickly. Online seems like the way to play this game

Unicorn

Just started this game today
No real idea what I am doing. The first real monster fight (the flying insect thing) kicked my ass twice, but i downed him eventually.

Then experimented with online, found 3 others doing the flying insect again. Ground that out a few times really quickly. Online seems like the way to play this game
Online is great. Also, check out gaijin hunter videos for excellent tips.

Mupod

So I reached high rank in the solo missions, and just completed one of the quests hunting the yian kut-ku, and going to the man to look at the armor, and all of a sudden these RARE5 were unlocked, and they were at least TWICE the defense provided the next best equipment...

I am slightly overwhelmed knowing how crappy my equipments are now... Do you guys now just grind over one monster to get some WAY better equipment?

yeah, it's expected that you make all new sets upon reaching a new rank. G rank will be the same.

And if by grind one monster you mean spend 20 minutes killing velocidromes, sure.

If you're doing it from a neutral standing position, it can be hard because the window is smaller. I find it's better to assign a big button for special attacks on your touch screen. Use that instead of pressing X+R on the fly and you might be more consistent (it definitely helped me)
Special attacks is the kick icon right? Im going try it out and see how it works for me, thank you!

Am I the only one who does all the quest instead of just the key quest? Really confused on how everyone seems so far ahead of me :/

Im still at 6star solo and haven't touched online.

Koeta

Am I the only one who does all the quest instead of just the key quest? Really confused on how everyone seems so far ahead of me :/

I'm right there with ya, doing mostly solo stuff first and I just got to my 6 stars.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Some people play a lot more than others or have better luck with drops.

cavefishes

Neo Member

Don't worry about it. Everyone plays at their own pace. I'm not even out of low rank yet!

Kyzon

I skip most gathering quests. They bug the hell out of me :(

Anyone wanna help me farm High Queen Seltas? I'll make a room if so, and if you have something in High you wanna farm we can take turns.

Seil

At harth and the best insect glaive I can forge is still bone staff??? Tons of options for everything else besides IG, wtf?

Yeah, prepare to be disappointed for a while because you're going to see perhaps 4 base IGs before hitting high rank, most likely. More start appearing from then. In the end, there are more than 20, maybe more than 30 final stage IGs, though.

Edit: Plus there's the kinsect, but really that comes down to either speed or effect extender lol.

Kyzon

Yeah, prepare to be disappointed for a while because you're going to see perhaps 4 base IGs before hitting high rank, most likely. More start appearing from then. In the end, there are more than 20, maybe more than 30 final stage IGs, though.

Edit: Plus there's the kinsect, but really that comes down to either speed or effect extender lol.

The Kinsect is my favorite part. My lil homie is the mvp right now. Gettin the last hit in on half the quests I'm in.

Victrix

*beard*
Huge MH fan, grabbed the demo of this...

I just can't do it on a portable :( My hands were killing me inside 15 minutes. That's not gonna work for a game I put 300+ hours into in Tri.

Holy shit guys, I just had my best MH moment in years.

I was in an expedition (G) looking to wreck a Basarios because he's a joke, and all of a sudden I see a second monster on my map. At this point I'm wearing full Velociprey X armor because I just got to G and haven't fought anything else yet.

Anyway, it's a Jho. And it's mad that I am killing this poor, poor Basarios. So of course it attacks, and the bastard has the sheer gall to steal my kill. I dung bomb his ass and he runs so I can get my carves. But now I'm mad. He stole my kill! This I couldn't forgive, so I did the only logical thing: I hunted the Jho.

He hit me. Once.

I collected my spoils from his lifeless corpse (and tail), and the MH gods were well pleased with my performance. I was rewarded with 2 Jho Crooks, a Lrg Wyvern Gem (lol Basarios), and a Fey Wyvern Gem (lol Velocidrome).

God damn, that feels good.

Imgur album of the corpse, my gear, and my loot if interested. I'm gonna call it a night... No way am I gonna surpass that.
http://imgur.com/a/b3xwb

I'm doing this too, pretty much haven't even touched Gathering Hall quests yet. Currently almost done with 8* Caravan quests, having a good time.

I have two friends with the game that will run through the multiplayer quests with me very soon, so that should be exciting.

I played with ohlawd for around 2 hours and got

2 Rathian Ruby
1 Rathalos Ruby
1 Rathalos Plate
1 Gore Magala Nyctgem
2 Gore Magala Plate
1 Zinogre Jasper

I was WAYYYYYY too lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom