• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzon

It's really annoying going into a room to fight a monster and finding out the room isn't even hunting what the description dictates.

I just wanna farm her highness a lil bit D:

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Can someone help me in HR3? I just need the tigrex quest and then the urgent.

It's really annoying going into a room to fight a monster and finding out the room isn't even hunting what the description dictates.

I just wanna farm her highness a lil bit D:

I think I just saw your name pop up in a S. Queen room just as I was leaving. My hunter's name is Rudeboy. They did one Queen fight and switched to something else so I know how you feel. I need a part from her so I'll be up for doing it tomorrow night. I'd do it now, but I should have been in bed at least an hour ago. Damn you Monster Hunter!

Kyzon

I think I just saw your name pop up in a S. Queen room just as I was leaving. My hunter's name is Rudeboy. They did one Queen fight and switched to something else so I know how you feel. I need a part from her so I'll be up for doing it tomorrow night. I'd do it now, but I should have been in bed at least an hour ago. Damn you Monster Hunter!

Yup that was me, lol. I saw people leaving and switching to other stuff as I came into rooms so I left.
Sounds goood though.

Shandy

Beat Village Gore. Looks sooooo terrifying
but actually isn't.
The first couple of minutes, though.

"I'm not prepared! I thought I was, but I'm not! aaaaaaaaaaaaa why is this happening to meeeeeee"

Hardly anything had happened to me, but he just looks so scary.

Just fought Magala's Mega form in SP. I think 50% of my action was dodge rolling.

Anyone on HR3? Need to do some quests and urgent, dunno if anyone on GAF is still my rank though.

I want to upgrade my Grim Cat SA right about now, but I'm stuck in HR3 and Caravan 6
(Dundorma repair quests)

Can I join someone with a high enough rank to mine for 4 Firecell Stones? Or am I limited to my current HR?

Just spent 40 minutes on the 8* caravan Pink Rathian quest and failed. Not even sure what happened, I've beaten the quest before with little difficulty. I spent the first 25 minutes wailing on the tail with my GS, and thought it was weird that it wasn't getting cut off. As I started to run out of mega potions, I decided it would be more prudent to stop focusing on the tail. I was hoping to capture it, but it never started limping. Ended up completely running out of potions and died with a little over 10 minutes left.

I suppose everybody has their off days, but it's still pretty lame. What a huge waste of time (about to try again though, I will have my revenge).

thechemist

I am a complete noob to this series, up to rank 2 missions and about to face my first Great Jaggi, enjoying it so far. I wanted to ask about armour and weapons, going off some posts it seems like the Tetsucabra armour is the best one to get after the starting one, is this correct? Also whst SnS should I invest in? I bought the first Hunter + sword upgrade, is the poison battle axe worth farming for? Thanks again.

Also not looking forward to the first egg quest, everyone seems to hate these.

How the hell do you get a Gold Gargano Egg?

When a Gargwa drops a shiny, there's a random chance it's a golden egg.

I am a complete noob to this series, up to rank 2 missions and about to face my first Great Jaggi, enjoying it so far. I wanted to ask about armour and weapons, going off some posts it seems like the Tetsucabra armour is the best one to get after the starting one, is this correct? Also whst SnS should I invest in? I bought the first Hunter + sword upgrade, is the poison battle axe worth farming for? Thanks again.

If you're new, you may have trouble getting all the materials for Tetsucabra using just the starter armor (which has 1 def per piece). You may want to at least get Great Jaggi armor (10 def per piece), as he's way more manageable to farm than Tetsucabra and that would provide you a substantial def increase.

I wouldn't be surprised if an enraged Tetsucabra could one shot someone in starter armor (though I haven't tested it).

I'm not the best person to ask about SnS because I've never used them in the 11 years I've been playing this series, but one of my RL friends has mained them since the first PSP game and he always crafts Poison Battleaxe. SnSes are great for inflicting status ailments.

Reknoc

Did the gravios hunt a thon for a wyvern gem last night. After the second one was dying i decided that'd do because I can't be bothered to fight it anymore and it was getting late. Wyvern gem was my first carve off it. This morning while I put it in storage before going for some Zinogres I realised that I was too lucky getting that gem and now I'll never get my plate, and lo I never got my plate. Though I only had time for 2 hunts so there's still plenty more Zinogres to not give me a plate.

thechemist

When a Gargwa drops a shiny, there's a random chance it's a golden egg.

If you're new, you may have trouble getting all the materials for Tetsucabra using just the starter armor (which has 1 def per piece). You may want to at least get Great Jaggi armor (10 def per piece), as he's way more manageable to farm than Tetsucabra and that would provide you a substantial def increase.

I wouldn't be surprised if an enraged Tetsucabra could one shot someone in starter armor (though I haven't tested it).

I'm not the best person to ask about SnS because I've never used them in the 11 years I've been playing this series, but one of my RL friends has mained them since the first PSP game and he always crafts Poison Battleaxe. SnSes are great for inflicting status ailments.

Thanks mate, appreciate the advice, will get myself some Jaggi armour. I am not too sure on SnS at the moment, need to try out the training for the rest of the weapons.

Kyzon

I wish this game had a replay system.

I did my jump attack with my glaive, and as I was landing I was uppercutted by Burger which allowed me to do a double air attack.

Seil

Thanks mate, appreciate the advice, will get myself some Jaggi armour. I am not too sure on SnS at the moment, need to try out the training for the rest of the weapons.

Definitely try out some weapons and figure out what clicks with you most. Watching gaijin hunter's tutorials on the weapons that interest you would also be good. They'd give you a better idea of how to properly play the weapon so you don't end up with misconceptions due to going in blind.

If you do go SnS, poison battleaxe is indeed a good one to go for in the early game. Poison's a good status, especially early on. Later on with SnS, you'd want a variety of elements/statuses because it's great at applying elemental damage, so abusing weaknesses is the way to go.

Edit: gaijin hunter's weapon tutorials

Pila

Huge MH fan, grabbed the demo of this...

I just can't do it on a portable :( My hands were killing me inside 15 minutes. That's not gonna work for a game I put 300+ hours into in Tri.

You need a circle pad pro. Decent ergonomics, it's kinda like having a real gamepad.
Check it out, you won't regret it. Home console lover here, I know your pain. :)

Well, yesterday I hitted the single player high rank. Boss fight was good, dude is fast moving and it lasted I think 20/25 minutes, not too bad. Loved the cutscene, Capcom is always good at them.

I think it's time to retire my trusted low rank armor, thanks Tetsucabra stuff you served me well. Any ideas for a quality high rank full armor? I'm not going to care that much about skills in high rank, I usually play HH/GS/DB/GL...

thechemist

Definitely try out some weapons and figure out what clicks with you most. Watching gaijin hunter's tutorials on the weapons that interest you would also be good. They'd give you a better idea of how to properly play the weapon so you don't end up with misconceptions due to going in blind.

If you do go SnS, poison battleaxe is indeed a good one to go for in the early game. Poison's a good status, especially early on. Later on with SnS, you'd want a variety of elements/statuses because it's great at applying elemental damage, so abusing weaknesses is the way to go.

Edit: gaijin hunter's weapon tutorials

Thanks for the videos will watch after work, I wanted to know, do you pick up XP for using weapons? like in for example in Destiny or are they only upgradable by forging/buying them. Sorry for these noob questions :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom