• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Time to start hunting! Just got home from unsuccessfully looking for a New 3DS, so I'm gonna drown my sorrows with Monster Hunter!

Does the game still run ay a good framerate on regular 3DS XL?

I assume so. I have an art project I must finish by tomorrow, but tomorrow!!! XD

Just got in! I might be jumping the gun, but where's the monster fluid? I'm farming jaggi a bit but i'd really like to get to work on my charge blade :x lol

tuffy

Can I change my look later on? Or only in the beginning?
Things like hairstyle, hair color and clothing can be changed, but not voice, face shape or eye color. You might not see your hunter's face a lot of the time, but you'll definitely want to get the voice right.

Oh man I love this game. It has immediate and very visible improvements from 3U, from the hunter animations, improved controls, and the new incredible amount of verticality.
Only killed a Great Jaggi so far, but I'm loving it! I'll probably play a lot more after work.

HIR0

My Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate catridge has some German text on it : Frei ab 12 Jahre.
Bought mine in Australia. I'm confused.

JCho133

Uhh.. So I accidentally activated the "Beginner's tutorial messages." Is there anyway to turn them off without starting a new game?

Well, I got my copy from Amazon:

DmpUHp4.jpg

I wanted the CE for collecting. :(

Man, the beginning looked so cool. And that dude in the
gold painted boat
seems like a dick already. I mean, who needs a
golden boat
?

Things like hairstyle, hair color and clothing can be changed, but not voice, face shape or eye color. You might not see your hunter's face a lot of the time, but you'll definitely want to get the voice right.

Thanks, I got a gruffy one, since my guy is the old man.

One question for anyone, can I disable the 3D like in MH3U? Or just turn the slider down?

Korten

Banned
Ugh...

I went to gamestop to get my New 3DS and transfer my data... what I thought was going to take just an hour at most total... I ended up being their for nearly 3 hours due to set backs... Jesus... Finally time to start playing...

Oregano

I've just done the intro to the game and got to the town and I'm honestly surprised by how good the game looks on my N3DS. It's a definite improvement over Moga village!

I'm also liking the fact that the game has a tiny bit more of a narrative. Looking forward to playing more tomorrow.

dubq

I got the MH4U 3DS.. did the system transfer.. I am now redownloading MH4U but the shop keeps disconnecting me every few percent with a 005-4272 error. Anyone else getting this?

Oh man, I'm deeply sorry, amazon are just sometimes extremely bad with shipping.. I still cannot forget the Bravely Default fiasco

I lucked out with Bravely Default 'cuz I ordered something at the same time, so it didn't come in a bubble wrap package. This time the game came in a box and it had no outer damage to it.

Gonna contact Amazon here soon to see what they can do.

Elija2

Time to start hunting! Just got home from unsuccessfully looking for a New 3DS, so I'm gonna drown my sorrows with Monster Hunter!

Does the game still run ay a good framerate on regular 3DS XL?

So far it's been pretty smooth for me, although I did get some frame skips when fighting the Gore Magala in the demo. I wish they let you completely disable the 3D like they did in MH3U as that helped with the frame rate a bit.

Wait is the free theme for NA too? I got home and bought it a bit ago on the eshop and it said something about a generated code when I switched to download later but didn't see the full message because I didn't scroll down

Does anyone know what that's about?

tuffy

Wait is the free theme for NA too? I got home and bought it a bit ago on the eshop and it said something about a generated code when I switched to download later but didn't see the full message because I didn't scroll down

Does anyone know what that's about?
Check your receipts in the e-shop. There should be a code at the bottom of your Monster Hunter purchase message you can enter in the themes shop to get your free theme.

KdylanR92

Even though i've been playing monster hunter 4 for months now i was still excited for this release.

Currently blasting threw these early quest, probably not doing multiplayer until i beat off-line.

This egg quest AAaAAaaaaAA

It was bad enough already then they add a big ass rock and make you take the long way. Oh and if you get a golden egg it doesn't count towards the total

Check your receipts in the e-shop. There should be a code at the bottom of your Monster Hunter purchase message you can enter in the themes shop to get your free theme.
Oh if that's the case does anyone want it? I don't really care about the theme stuff

ZeroX03

Banned
My Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate catridge has some German text on it : Frei ab 12 Jahre.
Bought mine in Australia. I'm confused.

They're required to, as it's essentially a European copy. Usually only Nintendo published games get different carts and Club Nintendo codes for ANZ. That's why if you import a third party title the CN code will work but say Mario Kart or Zelda wouldn't. The only difference is the cover slip on the case. Saves money presumably.

Scher

Transferring complete! That took way more effort than it should have. Now I just need to wait for the game to redownload!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom