• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior to this I only had about 5 hours of Freedom Unite and the demos for 3U and 4U under my belt for MH experience.
It feels good to finally want to dedicate the time to learn this game for a change. I'm starting out with the charge sword, but I will do all the weapon tutorial quests before getting much further.
There's so much to learn, it all feels very complex at the moment, haha.

Geez, decided to go on an expedition that had Velocidrome and Kit-Ku to grab some parts, but I didnt expect them to spawn together, and then double team me the whole time. Of course, I loving forgot dung bombs. Then once I beat them, another Kit-ku spawned on a hill, so I ran off only to find another Velocidrome in the next area. Ended up killing the Velocidrome and heading back, since I was out of potions by that point, but damn do I love this game. That feeling of victory against the odds is great. The realization that you are still missing parts from both monsters when you return though is kind of numbing.

co1onel

Man MH4U really failed to fix the beginning part of the game for me. I'm so tired of clicking through text and doing gathering quests. Optional tutorials are fine, but I should be able to instantly get into fighting large monsters if I already know what I'm doing.

divusrex

Great OT!

However, 98 monster but Great Deviljhaggi is still not one of them :(

brachiduramblos_Deviljhaggi.png

I laughed way harder than I should have when I saw this...

I'm trying to entertain myself while waiting for the MH4U download from the eShop to finish :(

Man MH4U really failed to fix the beginning part of the game for me. I'm so tired of clicking through text and doing gathering quests. Optional tutorials are fine, but I should be able to instantly get into fighting large monsters if I already know what I'm doing.
It's definitely a lot faster than 3U. You already start hunting large monster less than a hour or so into the game(even if they are small ones like g. Jaggi and seltas)

It would've taken 3U 3 hours to get to this point

Prototype

This is the single biggest reason I never end up creating an alt. The start blows.

Probably the best one to get into the series with from what I understand.

God these cat puns - they are atrocious but I laugh every time:

"Meowlmen like me run the Courier Service. We link up hunters from all aclaws the land. It's a very impawtant job, nya!"

Good. I've been hearing about how great Monster Hunter is forever, but I just never got it. But I think I'm ready to give a serious go this time. Is it hard to track down a copy? I don't really have the funds to buy it now, bit I'm afraid that it might be difficult to get a copy later if it is a limited run.

So, I'm focusing on the Greatsword at the moment. Any tips on what weapon path to take? There are so many GS and I dont really know what to aim for. Heard raw dmg is better then elemental dmg for the GS?

divusrex

So, I'm focusing on the Greatsword at the moment. Any tips on what weapon path to take? There are so many GS and I dont really know what to aim for. Heard raw dmg is better then elemental dmg for the GS?

That's correct. There are a ton of formulas explaining this, but it's a standard rule when making GS. Try to make multiple raw GS's, and save some to upgrade to the "best" GS.

I don't know what it is yet, but look it up. It'll have the highest raw number. Keep in mind that you may have to wait until higher leveled quests to progress further down the weapon tree.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm maining Gunlance now, coming from my couple thousand hours as a Hammer main. It's fun and basically an entirely new experience. Easy in village low rank right now. I'm sure I'll be eaten alive when I hit G.

I tracked down a New 3ds XL but there were no copies of monster hunter 4 to be found... This will be my first Nintendo digital download for the 3ds.

The thirst it's real.

Happy hunting everyone.

Kolma

Yo, don't mean to beg, but if anyone has a Theme code they don't intend to use, I'd love to nab it off you. Makes no sense, the Limited Edition not coming with it.

Supposedly it's at the bottom of your eShop receipt.

I'm in the same boat.
Once I get my Mon Hun 3DS XL and transfer over.
I'm going to call Nintendo Support and complain that I own the digital copy but can't get the theme

I'm in the same boat.
I'm going to call Nintendo Support and complain that I own the digital copy but can't get the theme

I ended up mooching off a buddy, but if you hear back about it, would you mind letting me know? I'll get my code from them and pass it along to someone else.

System transfer complete, MH4U redownloading now!

For the next-gen Nintendo handheld, I really, really hope they make this process simpler. I should just be able to log in with my NNID and be good to go. Alas, not long until monster hunting begins for me!

Kensuke

Fuuuuuck yeah. Just beat the G1 urgent solo. By the skin of my teeth, but I luckily guessed he was ready to be trapped. Man, the adrenaline this game gives me.

B4s5C

I'm in the same boat.

Yo, don't mean to beg, but if anyone has a Theme code they don't intend to use, I'd love to nab it off you. Makes no sense, the Limited Edition not coming with it.

Supposedly it's at the bottom of your eShop receipt.

1. Go to the eshop.

2. In the top right, go to the menu.

3. Scroll to the bottom and go to Settings/Other.

4. Click on Software Info

5. Find MH4 and then click View Receipt

6. At the bottom of the receipt there is an "Issued Codes" section where it will give you a download code right above the phrase "Reference Number for Inquiry Purposes.

Hope this helps!

If not, sorry :(

Isotope

this game is really really good

It's so damn satisfying taking down a big monster you've been fighting for some time. Online is just as fun as I'd imagine as well.

Kolma

1. Go to the eshop.

2. In the top right, go to the menu.

3. Scroll to the bottom and go to Settings/Other.

4. Click on Software Info

5. Find MH4 and then click View Receipt

6. At the bottom of the receipt there is an "Issued Codes" section where it will give you a download code right above the phrase "Reference Number for Inquiry Purposes.

Hope this helps!

If not, sorry :(

this works on digital copies from 3DS XL edition?

Kazerei

Banned
This is probably a stupid question, but how do I go to Harth? I just beat Kecha Wacha, the 3* urgent quest in Val Habar.

B4s5C

this works on digital copies from 3DS XL edition?

I'm not entirely sure but if it was to be anywhere, it would be there! Just have a pen handy to write down the code. I bought MGS3D and had a bit of trouble finding the theme code that came with it.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
This is probably a stupid question, but how do I go to Harth? I just beat Kecha Wacha, the 3* urgent quest in Val Habar.

Touch the world map button on the touch screen then select the icon on the bottom left to go to Harth.

This is my first Monster Hunter game and it's clicked. Bought it today to get with my new 3DS and I couldn't be happier. I messed around with the demo a bit on the regular 3ds, but man....that c-stick and the new 3D tracking are awesome

Kazerei

Banned
Touch the world map button on the touch screen then select the icon on the bottom left to go to Harth.

Ah shit I figured out why it wasn't appearing on my map. I kept pressing B when talking to the Caravaneer so I never said I was ready XD

lum0s

Banned
Just got the game today unexpectedly, after having ordered Pokemon Y a few days ago and having gotten Fantasy Life and LoZ: ALBW over the holidays. What have I done...

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Just got the game today unexpectedly, after having ordered Pokemon Y a few days ago and having gotten Fantasy Life and LoZ: ALBW over the holidays. What have I done...
Created a backlog you can never get through with very few amount of games.

Impressions so far (just got to the third town): this has to be the easiest lr has ever been. I have yet to take more than 13 minutes to kill something. Usually I'm under 10.

But it's awesome. Kinda wish I could upgrade my IG more often, but whatever. I'm dominating either way. Tetsu armor + nerscylla glaive is a good combo, might take me all the way to hr.

#TeamSmugFace

Raxus

Newbie hunter here. Can I play the game solely as a bowman?

I want to try an archer build but I don't have a clue where to start. The game just gave me a sword and shield.

Newbie hunter here. Can I play the game solely as a bowman?

I want to try an archer build but I don't have a clue where to start. The game just gave me a sword and shield.
You certainly can. There's a bow in your equipment box in your house.

I've never been a gunner, though, so hopefully others can give you pointers.

Mistle

Just picked this up along with MM. The Wii U MH was my first that I finally got into. Really looking forward to getting stuck into this, the extra movement options will be very welcome.

Never played online PSO style though. Sounds fun, but I've never felt experienced enough.

Anyone have any luck getting those free themes if you got the N3DS XL bundle? I can't find the receipt anywhere after the transfer.

ShadeGlacier

Neo Member
Has anyone been able to hunt velocidrome via quest? I want the armor but the expedition is making it very difficult..
Edit: Found out how. If anyone was as confused as I was, you have to accept them manually by pausing and going to guild quest, and accepting it. After that, you can do them at the assembly hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom