• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seil

I don't get breaking parts....

Like I'm doing the early Seltas quest, and the Sub Quest is break its horn...so, should I use the Hammer and aim at its head? How like good do I have to be at aiming to pull this off? I thought I was doing great hitting its head, but it just died.

Throw a flash bomb to knock it out of the sky first thing and focus its horn while it's grounded. Even without that, I generally end up with a broken seltas horn, but that should help if you're having trouble.

Hedge

Can someone tell me: for getting relic weapons and armor, do you have to kill the monster during the expedition, or can you just mine for one and run to the cart?
Or do they not drop from expeditions?

Kyzon

I am the king of all bugs!!!

zlCfzTDOqsoF1GpD8T

popyea

Can someone explain the major differences/pros & cons between the charge blade and switch axe? They seem similar

Different movesets. Charge Blade has a shield. They have a similar theme but function pretty differently. Charge blade needs to be reloaded. I think the charge blade is more difficult to grasp, but it has a lot of versatility compared to the switch axe. I think one reason for this is that the transformed blade has a more useful moveset and isn't just good for quick damage. I actually haven't touched the switch axe in 4 yet, but I was very familiar with it in 3U. I don't know everything about CB yet (like what causes overheating or whatever it is when it glows) but I want to learn all those things naturally by playing, rather than looking it up.

fleck0

Monsters seem to really hate followup recitals with the Hunting Horn. Unless I get a lot of distance it's rare if I get the boost off without the monster charging me after the initial buff.

edit: HR5 and I'm loving the master horn, Atk+ Def+ and HP up is pretty handy, though the Congala+ seems to have a pretty interesting song selection too

Cerity

Can someone explain the major differences/pros & cons between the charge blade and switch axe? They seem similar

Haven't really gotten focused on switch axe but the charge blade has got a huge moveset and is more technical compared to most of the other weapons. It really is about making the most of situations and it boils down to knowing each of those moves well enough to take advantage of it. Just take a look at the move flow charts

CB.

SA

rest of them here
http://www.capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/go/thread/view/146585/30422233/updated-move-charts

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I was looking at some endgame armors and wow do they have great abilities.
I kind of want to lean towards one with Destroyer just because.

Haven't really gotten focused on switch axe but the charge blade has got a huge moveset and is more technical compared to most of the other weapons. It really is about making the most of situations and it boils down to knowing each of those moves well enough to take advantage of it. Just take a look at the move flow charts

CB.

SA

rest of them here
http://www.capcom-unity.com/monster_hunter/go/thread/view/146585/30422233/updated-move-charts

I would argue that it's less technical and more "fair" as nearly every move links to another unlike other weapons.

Prototype

Nice to see more people in G Rank. Was away for a few days and could only play offline. But I guess it gave people chance to catch up lol.

PrankT

I've finally gotten up into HR multiplayer and got through S. Magala campaign. Basic campaign was super easy compared to 3U, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Now I need to figure out what High Rank armor to aim for for my Switch Axe and Heavy Bowgun sets and which of those HR weapons to go for. So many options. Flickaxe+ is doing really well for me, so I don't really want to change form that set, but it certainly doesn't seem great long term.
Same boat for me. Just got to 6* village quests and still using regular flickaxe because I can't get the ore to upgrade it. I'm HR4 online and want some better gear so I don't hold people back. Guess I'll just keep doing single player for the time being.

Blitzhex

I can make a pretty good ukanlos gunlance but it has -30% affinity. Does the affinity really lower my dps or is it ok to craft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom