• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

If anybody ever asked why they make Ukanlos the last obstacle to G Rank instead of Dalamadur, I'll point them to its sweeping Ice Beam.
It makes me fainted more than Dalamadur lazer beam D:

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

Nobody told me there was an improved Mario costume/weapons for the cats.
Now I gotta wait for the DLC :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got online with two friends last night. By far the best way to play this game. Solo is fun and rewarding, online is just plain fun. About done with my Barroth set, too.

Lance is life. <3

Salaadin

How far into the Caravan is Brute Tigrex? Im into the rank 7 stuff but there's no more rank 6 missions left. Kiranico says it's rank 6 but the pre reqs are Whole Lava Love, Hammer It Out, Hammer It Home. I did the first two but Hammer It Home never unlocked. There are no NPCs giving it to me either.

Qurupeke

Consider yourself lucky. I had the most terrible luck in 3U with randoms...

I don't think it always that's bad but usually there's no coordination. Everyone just wants to do their thing. And there are a lot of people that just rank up and are awful armor wise.

bobohoro

How far into the Caravan is Brute Tigrex? Im into the rank 7 stuff but there's no more rank 6 missions left. Kiranico says it's rank 6 but the pre reqs are Whole Lava Love, Hammer It Out, Hammer It Home. I did the first two but Hammer It Home never unlocked. There are no NPCs giving it to me either.

Some of the Rank 6 Caravaan quests need progression into HR with the guild, I think. They start unlocking from HR4 onwards.

Shengar

Ukanlos is basically
Ice Akantor
Yeah, but never oneshotted at full health by Akantor.

Consider yourself lucky. I had the most terrible luck in 3U with randoms...
Strange, my online experience with MH3U is pretty great and all of them are with randoms.

I've only gone with randoms and I've made it to G2...
Not exactly like this, but I just made to G Rank with two others who are randoms. I guess it's really about luck?

Faiz

So yeah we all know Tigrex is a kitten.

Frenzied Tigrex? Still not much of anything.

Two Frenzied Tigrex that for some reason won't separate? Ugh, ok, if I have too.

Two Frenzied Tigrex that won't separate while I have the sun in my face in the carpool? Fuuuuuuck.

MegaMelon

>make ukanlos room
>hr7 joins
>posts dalamadur
>"pls"
>say to wait till after I've done my urgent
>more hr7 join begging for dalamadur
>kick them
>hr8+ joins
>2 of us kill ukanlos in 7 mins
Why can't people be patient?

Strange, my online experience with MH3U is pretty great and all of them are with randoms.

Not exactly like this, but I just made to G Rank with two others who are randoms. I guess it's really about luck?

Basically everyone I played with in MH3U was either really nice, very good at the game, or both.
I guess it was just me then lol. I mostly played with one of my friends though, so it wasn't all bad :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have a really dumb question...

I was looking up where to get Killer Beetles yesterday. Kiranico says I can find them on Caravan 3,4, 6 and Guild 2. What does that mean?

Also, I was looking at this post on reddit: Harvest Tours. Does this mean I need to clear all of those quests listed, or just one of them under the zone to unlock the tour?

Salaadin

Trying to decide what's best... Farming Adv spheres too bump my LR armor(either diablos or the gore/ceantaur mix) up enough to be suitable for HR.... Or just whip up a solid HR set like Tetsu S and just rolling with that until I come across a proper HR set for great sword.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Pila

I pretty much hunted with randoms all the time in 3U tbh, I met a lot of nice players (and gaffers sometimes ^^). Mind you, I usually was in turns rooms, you just wait for your turn and that's it.

tuffy

I was looking up where to get Killer Beetles yesterday. Kiranico says I can find them on Caravan 3,4, 6 and Guild 2. What does that mean?
That just means quests at those ranks offer Killer Beetles in the quest rewards. But what you'll probably want to do instead is to take one of the Harvest Tour quests to visit a map with Killer Beetles (like low rank Primal Forest), collect as many as you can and then turn in the Paw Pass Ticket.

Trying to decide what's best... Farming Adv spheres too bump my LR armor(either diablos or the gore/ceantaur mix) up enough to be suitable for HR.... Or just whip up a solid HR set like Tetsu S and just rolling with that until I come across a proper HR set for great sword.

Its pretty quick and easy to farm early HR sets if you hunt online. Your LR armor is going to become obsolete real quick, even with Adv Sphere upgrades. I suggest going for Jaggi S or Tetsu S depending on the skills you prefer.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
>make ukanlos room
>hr7 joins
>posts dalamadur
>"pls"
>say to wait till after I've done my urgent
>more hr7 join begging for dalamadur
>kick them
>hr8+ joins
>2 of us kill ukanlos in 7 mins
Why can't people be patient?

The level HR7 can't accept the ukanlos quest. They probably didn't want to take up a spot in the lobby.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
That just means quests at those ranks offer Killer Beetles in the quest rewards. But what you'll probably want to do instead is to take one of the Harvest Tour quests to visit a map with Killer Beetles (like low rank Primal Forest), collect as many as you can and then turn in the Paw Pass Ticket.

Well I should clarify my question...What is Caravan 4? Or Guild 5?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Make tetsu S and keep that until G rank.

tuffy

Well I should clarify my question...What is Caravan 4? Or Guild 5?
Caravan quests are the single-player story quests, with "4" indicating how many stars it is. Guild quests can be done single-player or multi-player and are taken in the Guild Hall area. As you complete certain "key" quests, you're given an "urgent" quest which unlocks the next tier of quests one star higher - moving from 1 star, to 2 star, to 3 star and so on.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Caravan quests are the single-player story quests, with "4" indicating how many stars it is. Guild quests can be done single-player or multi-player and are taken in the Guild Hall area. As you complete certain "key" quests, you're given an "urgent" quest which unlocks the next tier of quests one star higher - moving from 1 star, to 2 star, to 3 star and so on.

Oh I get it - it's just the number of stars associated with it. Thanks, haha. I couldn't figure out the naming convention.

It's the innate resistance of the armor. I'd rather gem in AuL on Velociprey S than gem in fire res +10 on Jaggi. Besides, AuL+Autotracker > speed sharpen (IMO) for speeding up hunts.
Good call, I didn't even consider resistances. Of course I'm running a non-standard Nerscylla S SnS setup :p

Also -15 fire res, and -15 thunder :|

Shengar

Finally hit G Rank
I'm disappointed to see Bnahabra X set not changing at all :<
Can I hit G rank with that? I need a high rank armor too and I'd like some fresh air, played all the game with low rank Tetsucabra, time for a change.

You'll be one shotted by certain elder dragons or flying wyverns I think
Tetsucabra S set can carry someone throughout G Rank due to its Defense Up (M). despite being a very early HR armor. If course if you confident with your skill, you could go through HR with that :p

wiibomb

Just watched the Gaijin tutorial on IG. There is a LOT to digest with that weapon, but it looks incredible.

not nearly as much as the CB, the IG is designed to be user friendly, the basics of that weapon are pretty simple, get the coating from the monster (specially the red one) and start mashing X and A

EDIT: the complicated part of the IG is the upgrading since you have to feed and evolve the kinsect

Pila

You'll be one shotted by certain elder dragons or flying wyverns I think
Tetsucabra S set can carry someone throughout G Rank due to its Defense Up (M). despite being a very early HR armor. If course if you confident with your skill, you could go through HR with that :p

I see. I'd love to forge just one high rank armor but I'm a little tired of Tetsu stuff and I'm confident with a three-hits kill, one shots are a little pain in the ass, honest talk. ^^

I'm gonna figure out something, thanks for your reply!

After doing solo Black Gravios with charge blade I really want evade extender.

I remember in MH3U, I started maining Switch Axe when I needed Tail parts and couldn't find anyone to help me (Bowgun user). I loved it, but it felt incomplete.

Then I got Evade Extender. It was amazing... I was hooked.

Reknoc

not nearly as much as the CB, the IG is designed to be user friendly, the basics of that weapon are pretty simple, get the coating from the monster (specially the red one) and start mashing X and A

EDIT: the complicated part of the IG is the upgrading since you have to feed and evolve the kinsect

Even that's not super complicated until late late game since you can just pump your kinsect full of wycoons speed nectars.

I tried to like various weapon types, but I just have the most fun using only the Insect Glaive and Charge Blade.

Luckily I don't care if others label me a noob. Now, if you will excuse me, i got some monsters to mount and throw my bug at. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom