• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKrockin

I finished my first quest, Well made steak done! How long until I finish the game? :p
You finish Monster Hunter when the mortician pries the New & Improved 42DSZ with preinstalled Ultimate Monster Hunter vs. Pokemon X4 out of your cold, dead, 91-year-old hands

Yeah I plan to do online but not sure when the best time to start it is in relation to offline stuff. I'll prob play around with the starting hammer more next time I get on, I've only done one session so far and half of that was testing out the 1 star weapon tutorial missions.
I would just go through the Gathering Hall (single/multi) quests at roughly the same pace as you do the Caravan (single player) quests. Or stay a few monsters ahead in single player. At any rate I wouldn't neglect Caravan quests too much as they unlock a lot of helpful kitchen upgrades and especially Wyporium upgrades, which you'll really want if you use Dual Blades or else you'll find yourself quite short on cash.

jorgejjvr

Yeah someone suggested I start with water and fire ones for now. Should prob pick up the bone weps to see what I need to get to start the fire path (tho they have no slots or affinity at all compared to what look like the earliest water ones that do)

Indeed, as a veteran hunter who has used various weapons, I feel like that is the way to go with every weapon, but specifically dual blades and SNS because you really want to take advantage of your speed. I always had a weapon with each element, and used either paralysis or blast blight on monsters whose weaknesses I did not know.

-Alternis

Yeah someone suggested I start with water and fire ones for now. Should prob pick up the bone weps to see what I need to get to start the fire path (tho they have no slots or affinity at all compared to what look like the earliest water ones that do)

The best resource is the kiranico dual blades page.

I'm ignoring weapons that require awakening for now. Im not prioritizing access to that skill. Just take a look at the dB that have materials requirements within reach. I would say start by going for the chainsaws. They will carry you through gore Magala.

http://kiranico.com/en/mh4u/weapon/dualblades

This is some Gurren Lagann/Gundam-ish:

74D1932B-5431-4CC8-97EF-17B60B740490.png

This is that Shredder-ish:

D1426BEF-BF64-444D-AC81-FA4C59836171.png

Love the armor designs.

ohlawd

another day, another carrying session; dinner edition

carry meh for my remaining dinner and key quests for HR7 :3

09-6895-1729-8501

Hit G2 with a pub group. Seregios seemed like a bit of a wall though. I posted up my urgent first and a hammer user joined in and we easily it down before it moved areas. After that it was fail after fail. Completely exhausted my supply of life powders and max potions. Burnt through about 50 honey. I wanted to get the other guys urgents done but damn. Maybe 10 or more failed attempts.

So close to finishing Pink Rath food quest and got carted a 3rd time right when I was able to capture her or finish her off.

Decided it's high time I make high level armor before I try again (currently going for Jaggi S set).

Is anyone at HR2-3? Looking for people to play with sometime tomorrow or during the weekend.

I'd love to tonight, but I have too much hw to do.

Where'd you pick it up from?

Best buy, they had 1 N3DS. In all honesty, I got MH at release, I just said I picked it up with the N3DS for no reason.

Kinsei

Banned
Is anyone at HR2-3? Looking for people to play with sometime tomorrow or during the weekend.

I'd love to tonight, but I have too much hw to do.

Best buy, they had 1 N3DS. In all honesty, I got MH at release, I just said I picked it up with the N3DS for no reason.

I'm HR3, but I did the single player so I have high rank gear. If that doesn't bother your I'll play with you tomorrow.

Kensuke

Got my Crimson Fatalis glaive today. 837 dmg, 560 blast, 15 affinity, 2 slots. This is going to be my main glaive until I find a cool one through excavations.

Also got Miralis legs, which required two gogma gems. Now I just need a cool talisman with spirit or gloves off to finish of my set.

melos

Got my Crimson Fatalis glaive today. 837 dmg, 560 blast, 15 affinity, 2 slots. This is going to be my main glaive until I find a cool one through excavations.

Also got Miralis legs, which required two gogma gems. Now I just need a cool talisman with spirit or gloves off to finish of my set.

Ohh nice! How are you liking it so far? I've been using the Gore glaive while steadily upgrading it for most of the game and am currently G2. Any other glaives you'd recommend working towards?

Kensuke

Ohh nice! How are you liking it so far? I've been using the Gore glaive while steadily upgrading it for most of the game and am currently G2. Any other glaives you'd recommend working towards?

It's pretty great. For longer fights poison might be better, but this one gives me high dps against most monsters.

I wouldn't recommend the Gore glaive. The regular Fatalis glaive outclasses is heavily as a dragon element glaive. The good ones are mostly status ones though, like the Chameleos poison one or the Najarala paralysis one. Those are the ones I use at least.

yami4ct

Been playing this for a few days on my MH Limited Edition New 3DS, and just had to ask this question. About to demonstrate how still tiny my MH knowledge base is even after putting 100 hours into 3U, but what monster icon is featured on the MH New 3DS XL? I looked through all of the ones on the MH wiki and didn't see one that resembled it. Is it just some general icon not in the game? Does it represent a monster without copying the in game icon? I've been dying to find this out.

If anyone wants to join me, I'm farming HR (5* online) Seltas Queens.

29-1972-5876-3859

Pass: 1258

Also mining the map for Fucium Ore, Yoldspar Ore, and Ancient Shards.

Kinsei

Banned
Been playing this for a few days on my MH Limited Edition New 3DS, and just had to ask this question. About to demonstrate how still tiny my MH knowledge base is even after putting 100 hours into 3U, but what monster icon is featured on the MH New 3DS XL? I looked through all of the ones on the MH wiki and didn't see one that resembled it. Is it just some general icon not in the game? Does it represent a monster without copying the in game icon? I've been dying to find this out.

It looks like it's meant to be Kushala Daora to me.

Compare the head to this

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Can you have dual elements, as in your weapon has an innate element and you supplement another through other means?

yami4ct

I've finally gotten up into HR multiplayer and got through S. Magala campaign. Basic campaign was super easy compared to 3U, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Now I need to figure out what High Rank armor to aim for for my Switch Axe and Heavy Bowgun sets and which of those HR weapons to go for. So many options. Flickaxe+ is doing really well for me, so I don't really want to change form that set, but it certainly doesn't seem great long term.

Only complaint I have so far is no Nargacuga. Adore that fight and Tigrex ain't cutting it. I would actually pay for Narg DLC. Do it Capcom!

It looks like it's meant to be Kushala Daora to me.

Compare the head to this

Definitely would make sense, especially given it's an elder dragon. Not sure what's going on with the ball inside the tail, but probably just a stylistic effect.

Is there a faster/more efficient way to farm scatterfish other than palico fishing? I put my two 'scatterfish catcher' palicos in the mix, and I'm still lucky to get 2/3 of them each cast...

Kyzon

Oh, nice! I left the room after Scher and I finished the hunt. Do you still need help with HR6 quests?

I'd love it

61-1604-0538-2332

Anyone else from GAF can come help if they'd like :D

Edit: Why the hell is Zinogre disconnecting me?

Double Edit: The room disappeared?

Scher

Just beat Stygian Zinogre by myself since I got disconnected at the beginning of the hunt. Feels good, lol

Good to hear you got it! Someone else had jumped in the room asking to do silver rath, and I felt bad just turning them away, so I went ahead and did that. Sorry about the room kind of getting taken over there.

Kyzon

Good to hear you got it! Someone else had jumped in the room asking to do silver rath, and I felt bad just turning them away, so I went ahead and did that. Sorry about the room kind of getting taken over there.

It's no problem :) Thanks

Dunno, but I got disconnected after you did. That's my first disconnect in 11 days.

Wat? That's so weird.

Could you make the room then?

I got disconnected too. > . <

Zinogre Ultimate Attack

chadi

Anyone here clearing low rank NON-key quests especially the delivery and slaying quests? Hate doing those alone. Lol.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I don't get breaking parts....

Like I'm doing the early Seltas quest, and the Sub Quest is break its horn...so, should I use the Hammer and aim at its head? How like good do I have to be at aiming to pull this off? I thought I was doing great hitting its head, but it just died.

Unicorn

I don't get breaking parts....

Like I'm doing the early Seltas quest, and the Sub Quest is break its horn...so, should I use the Hammer and aim at its head? How like good do I have to be at aiming to pull this off? I thought I was doing great hitting its head, but it just died.
Try using a weaker weapon?

Emalde

Has anybody lucked into an Oroshi Kirin GQ? Preferably HR at least, but I'll take anything at this point. Can set you up with my Garuga/Gore/Deviljho G-rank GQs in exchange.

Hi everyone! I beat Shagara a couple days ago and yay! New monsters! But Hermitaur almost completely destroyed me, so I think it's time for an armor upgrade from the Velociprey set that's carried me so far. I mostly use Charge Blade and GS. Any suggestions?

PKrockin

Try using a weaker weapon?
I don't think that will help... as far as I know, breaking parts is just dealing a certain amount of damage on that part of the monster, outside a few specialized cases.

Not sure what to say, since every Seltas I've fought has ended up with its horn broken even when I'm not really aiming for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom