• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

Even that's not super complicated until late late game since you can just pump your kinsect full of wycoons speed nectars.

yeah that's true, I haven't seen the guide to create the perfect desired kinsect yet.. but dealing with different status on a single weapon can get a little complicated for some people, specially with everything to be learn from the game..

but by itself yeah, it not that complicated

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I tried to like various weapon types, but I just have the most fun using only the Insect Glaive and Charge Blade.

Luckily I don't care if others label me a noob. Now, if you will excuse me, i got some monsters to mount and throw my bug at. :p

Mount with Lance and join Lance master race! :3

But yeah, I'll give IG a try later. I think it's more the control of the Kinsect that has me a bit confused. I think the 1* weapon tutorial is worth my time.

Eh, the only attacks you can't guard/GP are the beams and gas. Although the beams are powerful, they're only a problem for gunners, and the gas is really weak.

Getting knocked down repeatedly because of the gas is super annoying. Even if you anticipate it the distance it covers is more too damn wide.

MegaMelon

The level HR7 can't accept the ukanlos quest. They probably didn't want to take up a spot in the lobby.
Yeah I know but they still should've waited. I said just gimme 10 mins. Oh well, I now go help randoms with their <g rank keys and urgents so I'm helping out a little.

Got a evade extender +8 charm...with 2 slots. So I effectively have an evade extender +10 charm. Is it useful in late g rank?

Qurupeke

Doing the Gore HR quest online and a guy joined the quest, did absolutely nothing and then captured the monster when we had agreed not to capture it. WTF. This happened twice with different people.

bobohoro

After doing solo Black Gravios with charge blade I really want evade extender.

Gravios isn't so bad for me, but the Khezus really make me want that too. Or a backward hop. I could just GP the shocks, but I still get caught when they rage and just randomly spam that shit. And have fun fighting two of those, with one constantly roaring and the other charging, meh. Definitely looking for Earplugs or Evade stuff on my next armour.

Kazerei

Banned
Can I hit G rank with that? I need a high rank armor too and I'd like some fresh air, played all the game with low rank Tetsucabra, time for a change.

I hit G rank with the Velociprey S armor, but I played very defensively (hit and run with the greatsword) and have friends who don't suck :p

I think I got my defense to the low 400s with that set, by upgrading it alot. I never got one-shotted, but some attacks would take the majority of my health bar away, so I always stayed healed up. Hope you have alot of mega potions! I also used mega dash juice regularly, so I could block a string of attacks and not worry about running out of stamina. The superman dive is a godsend for those unblockable attacks (like laser beams).

If you're having trouble towards the end of high rank (the difficulty really ramps up in 7*), do feel free to make another set.

ilium

i was farming stygian zinogre with randoms, one was G2 HR57 or something. it was close to death, so someone put down a trap. he then started to spam "what are you doing?" and "noob level: immeasurable" preset chat messages.

what a sad indivdual lmao..

still don't have the zinogre umbrage :,(

Kinsei

Banned
i was farming stygian zinogre with randoms, one was G2 HR57 or something. it was close to death, so someone put down a trap. he then started to spam "what are you doing?" and "noob level: immeasurable" preset chat messages.

what a sad indivdual lmao..

The first one is understandable, but the second is really douche-y.

When playing with randoms never cap a Zinogre or Stygian Zinogre.

I've been stuck on Pink Rathian for the past two days and finally busted out the traps and flash bombs. I was hoping to do that as a last resort against harder monsters but I'm hitting a wall. Had it limping, attacked it while it was asleep and ended up using my last cart.

My anus is sore after that one.

Fandangox

It's the innate resistance of the armor. I'd rather gem in AuL on Velociprey S than gem in fire res +10 on Jaggi. Besides, AuL+Autotracker > speed sharpen (IMO) for speeding up hunts.

Oh didn't realize it was -20.

Also speaking of traps, playing with a friend yesterday, I put a pitfall trap for a Brachy and it started limping towards it... and then it just dug right through it.

Nothing else to do than play the rant animation.

Shengar

What's a good LS that will last till High rank and G rank.
Magala LS is pretty good I think. Decent Sharpness with good raw damage and dragon element, which proved to be useful against later HR elder dragons.
Capture have 2% chance for Umbrage, while body carve have 3%
1% difference, not sure if that justify people for having, let alone spamming such preset chat message

Shengar

Oh didn't realize it was -20.

Also speaking of traps, playing with a friend yesterday, I put a pitfall trap for a Brachy and it started limping towards it... and then it just dug right through it.

Nothing else to do than play the rant animation.
It always happen
Rathalos began to limp
Place trap not too far from him
He flies away when it just about one step to trap
Always happen, everytime
Only reason I can think of is because they charge up the Zinogre, but shouldn't be a problem with Pitfalls, no?

No, I think it's about the 1% difference on Jasper/Umbrage carve
Strange really, since I managed to built whole set of Zinogre armor and weapon in MH3U by capturing the poor bastard instead of killing it.

Pila

I hit G rank with the Velociprey S armor, but I played very defensively (hit and run with the greatsword) and have friends who don't suck :p

I think I got my defense to the low 400s with that set, by upgrading it alot. I never got one-shotted, but some attacks would take the majority of my health bar away, so I always stayed healed up. Hope you have alot of mega potions! I also used mega dash juice regularly, so I could block a string of attacks and not worry about running out of stamina. The superman dive is a godsend for those unblockable attacks (like laser beams).

If you're having trouble towards the end of high rank (the difficulty really ramps up in 7*), do feel free to make another set.

Now you hyped me and I kinda want to try that. ^^

Mega potions are not a big deal... honey is, like, my very first priority in Monster Hunter. I'll try forge that and see how I like it.

ys45

I have been playing with the SA but due to lack of good upgrade (until I get higher in rank) I decided to try the SnS , I really like the moves and the backward jump+charge attack , so much that I have not touched my SA since I tried this .
Is the SnS viable at higher rank ? I plan on using both but maybe more the SnS since I prefer to have better mobility/agility over dmg

Fandangox

It always happen
Rathalos began to limp
Place trap not too far from him
He flies away when it just about one step to trap
Always happen, everytime

Yeah this has happened a few times with the Khezu, but we could have sworn the Brachy stepped right on top of it and then just dug away.

No, I think it's about the 1% difference on Jasper/Umbrage carve
Strange really, since I managed to built whole set of Zinogre armor and weapon in MH3U by capturing the poor bastard instead of killing it.

Well I understand every % helps, but that seems a bit excessive lol

tuffy

Is the SnS viable at higher rank ? I plan on using both but maybe more the SnS since I prefer to have better mobility/agility over dmg
Every weapon is viable at every rank. If you feel the SnS suits your hunting style better, I'd say go for it.

Shengar

fair enough, but 1% difference? come on...
Not even Gore Magala capture allowed someone to act like an asshole (fyi, Magala gem can only carved not from capture).
Man I'm not even that far In. I'm asking not because I'm having a hard time vs gravios

Well, you asking a LS that could last throughout HR to Grank, so I give it :p
Gore Magala really isn't that far into the game, LR or HR. Other alternatives is Nerscylla LS (down side is low raw damage), Rathalos LS, or Nargacuga LS.
I have been playing with the SA but due to lack of good upgrade (until I get higher in rank) I decided to try the SnS , I really like the moves and the backward jump+charge attack , so much that I have not touched my SA since I tried this .

Any weapon is viable, but if you're going solo just don't expect to break every part lol

Shengar

Any recommended way to free yourself from monsters like Najarala without feeling like I'm going to tear my circle pad up? :p

Always bring dung bombs, because you can throw into the monster when they use their pin attack on you
Don't know about Najarala, though I expect the same since it's even working against Akantor pin attack
Also my circle pad is already teared up because of MH4U D:

I tried to like various weapon types, but I just have the most fun using only the Insect Glaive and Charge Blade.

Luckily I don't care if others label me a noob. Now, if you will excuse me, i got some monsters to mount and throw my bug at. :p
What? the charge blade and IG is a noob weapon or something? Not that I mind or anything but if it is, why is that? This is my first MH game and i main the charge blade, I like swapping between the two different weapons and shit. I would've gone dual blade but I literally ALWAYS go dual blade when its an option so I wanted to do something different and picked 1 I never go with(sword & shield and big ass weapon)

Whelp, just solo'ed Ukanlos alone and now I hit G-rank

Have to say, they certainly ramped up the difficulty even further and high rank seems like a mile away from G-rank. MH3U never felt anything like that. Certainly getting alot of MH2G vibes from it

What's a good LS that will last till High rank and G rank.

For Long Sword, you don't want just one weapon that you'll be upgrading - it's one of those where Raw is important, but exploiting Elemental Weaknesses is also very important.

I use the LS and have been using the following:

Rimesword (upgrading when I get the Armor Spheres) - This is from a "Battered Weapon" that you'll find in Expeditions. It has a TON of Green sharpness and awesome Raw. It's my jack-of-all-trades sword. Note - for some reason, this one isn't listed in Kiranico's site.

Wyvern Blade "Fall" - This line of swords has decent raw and high Fire damage. There are a lot of large monsters weak to fire, so this is great.

Userper's Boltslicer - This is the THUNDA. It's basically the same as the Wyvern Blade line, but for electric damage.

Gore line (Stahlfakt) - A little weak at first, but once you start upgrading it you get blue/white sharpness quicker than most other swords, decent raw, high affinity, and that Dragon element is good against just about every monster. I repeat, it starts weak. The first tier is not that great.

Shengar

For Long Sword, you don't want just one weapon that you'll be upgrading - it's one of those where Raw is important, but exploiting Elemental Weaknesses is also very important.

I use the LS and have been using the following:

Rimesword (upgrading when I get the Armor Spheres) - This is from a "Battered Weapon" that you'll find in Expeditions. It has a TON of Green sharpness and awesome Raw. It's my jack-of-all-trades sword. Note - for some reason, this one isn't listed in Kiranico's site.

Wyvern Blade "Fall" - This line of swords has decent raw and high Fire damage. There are a lot of large monsters weak to fire, so this is great.

Userper's Boltslicer - This is the THUNDA. It's basically the same as the Wyvern Blade line, but for electric damage.

Gore line (Stahlfakt) - A little weak at first, but once you start upgrading it you get blue/white sharpness quicker than most other swords, decent raw, high affinity, and that Dragon element is good against just about every monster. I repeat, it starts weak. The first tier is not that great.

You could also craft Rimesword from Ice Sword. Definitely different from the guild quest weapon, but it have decent stat, easy to upgrade, and Ice element.
I haven't used LS for the past 100 hours, but if the RNG isn't with you, I think Magala LS is pretty good as jack-of-all trade weapon due to its raw damage and sharpness.

You could also craft Rimesword from Ice Sword. Definitely different from the guild quest weapon, but it have decent stat, easy to upgrade, and Ice element.
I haven't used LS for the past 100 hours, but if the RNG isn't with you, I think Magala LS is pretty good as jack-of-all trade weapon due to its raw damage and sharpness.

My problem with the Magala LS is that it starts off so weak. The Raw at first is really low, the elemental is low, and while it has decent sharpness at lvl 2, it degrades to green in just a few hits.
Compare it to Wyvern Blade "Blood", which you can get right about the same time, it pales in comparison. Not to mention the Rime sword that, once you get Advanced Armor Spheres, is up in the mid 500s raw, with the next closest at that time only being 462.

(Also, I thought the Ice Rimeblade was only available in MH3U, not in this one? I can't find it anywhere in MH4U)

Pila

What? the charge blade and IG is a noob weapon or something? Not that I mind or anything but if it is, why is that? This is my first MH game and i main the charge blade, I like swapping between the two different weapons and shit. I would've gone dual blade but I literally ALWAYS go dual blade when its an option so I wanted to do something different and picked 1 I never go with(sword & shield and big ass weapon)

Just play the weapons you like and mind the other players, as long as you avoid hitting them you're good. I was 500+ hunts with dual blades in 3U, who cares about "n00b weapon" mentality?

Fandangox

Also I've got a Worn GreatSword, and I have two upgrade options, (still don't have the materials for either but) Which path would be better? The Epitaph (Dragon) or Teostra (BlastBlight)

I already have a Electric Greatsword (Usurper) and a Dragon Gunlance (Gore's) so dunno.

Emalde

Has anybody lucked into an Oroshi Kirin GQ? Preferably HR at least, but I'll take anything at this point. Can set you up with my Garuga/Gore/Deviljho G-rank GQs in exchange.

There has to be at least one other person here sniping out GQs. Please set me up so I stop having to grind out Deviljho expeditions

shuusin

Neo Member
Any suggestions or guides for someone who can't play often? As in, what armors/weapons to target in a limited or most efficient playtime.

cheesekao

Any suggestions or guides for someone who can't play often? As in, what armors/weapons to target in a limited or most efficient playtime.
That depends really. You should find a weapon that you feel the most comfortable with as the rarity of the materials needed are more or less similar across all weapons. Only then can we know what kind of armor that you need.

Comandr

There has to be at least one other person here sniping out GQs. Please set me up so I stop having to grind out Deviljho expeditions

How does GQ sharing work anyway? I have done a bunch of expeditions but I only have 1 G rank velocidrome and a bunch of level 1 kut-kus. All I get is kut-kus. Ever. I don't know why.

I'd really like Gore/S.Magala, and Deviljho, but I never seem to see those expeditions, least of all with the weapons I'm looking for. (IG)

Infinite

Yes it is. Every weapon is viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom