• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faiz

Man, I really need to pick up the pace.
At like 60 hours and still only HR3...

I'm about the same and only HR2. I spend more time on the single player and I tend to spend a lot of time flipping around menus looking at weapons, armor, upgrades, etc.

Don't feel like there's a rush. MH works best IMO when you let it breath and take your time with it.

Kinsei

Banned
I remember in the Mark of a Hero quest in MH3U, where you have to fight a Brachydios, Azure Rathalos and Ivory Lagiacrus, the general strategy consensus was:

-Get Brachy and Rath in the same area.
-Let Brachy kill Rath.
-Brachy is almost dead - kill Brachy.

Then clean up by getting the I. Lagia.

You have to kill I. Lagi before Azure and Brachydios spawn.

Should I work my way up from HR5 to Grank, or mess around with HR6 caravan? Are there still things to unlock in SP?

Things left for you to unlock in single player
1. High rank Daimyo Hermitaur
2. Kirin
3. Oroshi Kirin
4. High rank Seregios
5. Wystones
6. Monoblos
7. White Monoblos
8. High rank Crimson Fatalis
9. The Demolisher
10. A special hammer
11. A special sword and shield
12. Rainbow pigment for your armor

I think that's all.

:p My memory sucks. It was still Brachy and Rath fighting each other, though. Brachydios was flippin scary in MH3U, too.

What determines if monsters fight each other, most of the quest I've been in with multiple monsters is that they just hang out in the same area and waste everyones time.

It was more positioning yourself so that one monster is in between you and the other. As long as you have [Mega] Dash Juice, it was fairly easy to do in an open area, dodging attacks and poking at them a little when there's an opportunity.

wiibomb

For those that got the MH4 system bundle did that come with the theme for the 3ds?

no :(((( and as I heard from some people who tried to contact Nintendo an Capcom, neither of them would give them a code, so I'm trying to find someone who doesn't want the theme and want to sell it to me...

SO.. if someone buys the digital version of MH4U and wants to sell me the code for the theme, just PM me

Ristlager

Got my first failed mission now in the game against the two rathians (8 stars) :( killed one and made the other one limp, before I got a bit too eager killing him after waking her up from the sleep. Damn you rathian, damn you to hell! The pink one fell down easily so hoping I'll take them next time...

yami4ct

What Switch-Axe and SA Armor should I be aiming for for High Rank/Early G? Currently using Flckaxe+ and Ceanataur, but the armor especially seems like it's hitting the end of its usefulness. Thinking of trying to grab something with Evade Dist+ to make closing gaps easier with the SA drawn, but not sure what's best to look for.

What Switch-Axe and SA Armor should I be aiming for for High Rank/Early G? Currently using Flckaxe+ and Ceanataur, but the armor especially seems like it's hitting the end of its usefulness. Thinking of trying to grab something with Evade Dist+ to make closing gaps easier with the SA drawn, but not sure what's best to look for.

Evade Distance is definitely a defining skill for SA users.
Other than that, Handicraft and Attack Up are both good.

PrankT

Which armors have evade?

Valus

And they spawned in the same area, the arena. Didn't have to do anything to get them together.

The fight went more like:

1) Kill I. Lagi
2) Smoke bomb right before Rath/Brach spawn, making them target each other
3) Kill whoever remains (usually Brach)

Demoli

Are accolades really that rare? I have quite a few i got without any kind of trouble.

Now farming steve for his GR armour, prety nice effects.

Things left for you to unlock in single player
1. High rank Daimyo Hermitaur
2. Kirin
3. Oroshi Kirin
4. High rank Seregios
5. Wystones
6. Monoblos
7. White Monoblos
8. High rank Crimson Fatalis
9. The Demolisher
10. A special hammer
11. A special sword and shield
12. Rainbow pigment for your armor

I think that's all.
That's it huh? @_@

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I'm finally in, guys. :eek:

B-xZ4WyVEAIXX5Z.jpg:large

CodeNfX

Really loving this game. About 12 hours in, just opened up HR3, have not even tried online yet as I want to learn more about the game first. Anyone with the new 3DS play with 3D on? I can't play without it, it's awesome!

jorgejjvr

According to Kiranico, you can only get Rajang nerves and gold ghoulish rank ONLY from high rank golden Rajang? Is this true? That seems rather odd...

According to Kiranico, you can only get Rajang nerves and gold ghoulish rank ONLY from high rank golden Rajang? Is this true? That seems rather odd...

It could possibly not have all the info for the drop. I know Kiranico doesn't list you can get Heavenly Crystals from High Rank Everwood. Maybe the drop info just isn't complete on the site for Rajang?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
God these disconnects are enraging as hell.

I can't play online with randoms because I always get disconnected.

I legitimately don't know what to do.

I doubt it's my connection because if it was i'd get kicked offline completely instead it just disconnects me from the room.

No lag or anything it just drops me.

jorgejjvr

Well then, is anyone interested in killing high rank golden Rajang and/or G rank Zamtrios?

Keep in mind your HR must be above 8 to take on Golden Rajang.

-Alternis

Finally beat that 6* Gore Magala Caravan quest.

Took me 36 minutes with a bow. Only died once, near the end.

Phew. I'm glad I took him down but bummed it took that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom