• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone please tell me where I can find Firestone? I've heard it's in the Volcanic Valley, but I'm not sure exactly where. When I checked wikis', they have these hard to read tables that leave me more confused than anything. So, where can I find me some firestone??

Can anyone please tell me where I can find Firestone? I've heard it's in the Volcanic Valley, but I'm not sure exactly where. When I checked wikis', they have these hard to read tables that leave me more confused than anything. So, where can I find me some firestone??

If you're still in Low Rank, Volcanic Hollow mining spots in areas 3, 4, 8, and 9. Keep in mind that's basically the rarest thing to mine in this area at this point so don't be surprised if you only end up with a couple, or none. Just keep at it.

If you're still in Low Rank, Volcanic Hollow mining spots in areas 3, 4, 8, and 9. Keep in mind that's basically the rarest thing to mine in this area at this point so don't be surprised if you only end up with a couple, or none. Just keep at it.

I'm HR2 if that means anything. Should I be going to Volcanic Hollow through the gathering area, or through the town that it's connected to via the story? Thanks for the speedy reply, by the way!

I'm HR2 if that means anything. Should I be going to Volcanic Hollow through the gathering area, or through the town that it's connected to via the story? Thanks for the speedy reply, by the way!

HR2 is still low rank, so it doesn't matter if you go through the guild hall or through offline.

Kinsei

Banned

Either is fine. Keep in mind that you can only get them from the blue mining points.

MrPanic

I'm pretty sure they only drop from the blue mining spots, so if want to optimize your route the you could just mine those and then reset the quest if you still don't have enough.

edit: ninja'd like a low rank jaggi

I'm only, like, HR7 right now. I can hardly carry anyone yet! Unless it's low rank, that is.

Oh? I'm HR6. G rank gear seems to make a huge difference even against HR6 hunts though. To the point where I feel like I'm not contributing to the hunt at all, which is the worst feeling.

Still, that means I'm not too far behind. Hopefully I can catch up soon. I still need to do Brute Tigrex, Stygian Zin, and Brachy for HR6 keys.

Shengar

Oh? I'm HR6. G rank gear seems to make a huge difference even against HR6 hunts though. To the point where I feel like I'm not contributing to the hunt at all, which is the worst feeling.

Still, that means I'm not too far behind. Hopefully I can catch up soon. I still need to do Brute Tigrex, Stygian Zin, and Brachy for HR6 keys.
I'm at G Rank 1, but still holding tight onto that Rath Soul armor. We should play together, really need to do Wycoon quests.
Ramyeon still busy with his phosgem though lol

Low rank charge blade recommendations?

There are so few charge blades compared to other weapons, and element matters, so go for pretty much all of them. Also, element Phial charge blades will always do more damage than equal level impact phial charge blades (besides endgame Ceadeus) as long as you're actually hitting weak points.

I'm at G Rank 1, but still holding tight onto that Rath Soul armor. We should play together, really need to do Wycoon quests.

Sure, wanna help with my keys?

ramyeon

Haha thankfully I actually got one (Actually two in one hunt) the other day so I'm free from that :p

Unfortunately though I'm at work, I've made sure to put aside some time tonight to get through HR7 if you guys are around and up for that.

Haha thankfully I actually got one (Actually two in one hunt) the other day so I'm free from that :p

Unfortunately though I'm at work, I've made sure to put aside some time tonight to get through HR7 if you guys are around and up for that.

I'll do my best to be HR7 by the time you get back then.

If you don't mind waiting on Mauricio's urgent to get done, I can also help you with key quests!

Sounds good.

So, Shengar, you, me, and my friend Eclipse (he's also HR6 and needs keys).

I'll put the room up and wait on you 3.

Up:

45-8703-2211-8578

Pass: 1258

Shengar

Sure, wanna help with my keys?
I'm in class right now, hopefully I'll be free in one hour :(

That's good! You can build other Magala weapon without worry then. I actually need a phosgem for Magala LS but I just not in the mood for farming lol

That's good! You can build other Magala weapon without worry then. I actually need a phosgem for Magala LS but I just not in the mood for farming lol

We'll still be going, no worries. Maybe we'll be HR7 by the time you get back.

ramyeon

I'll do my best to be HR7 by the time you get back then.
You may have surpassed me by then! Unfortunately I've still got a good 7 hours of work left :/

Haha yeah, I'm glad I got an extra just in case. Really not wanting to see another S.Magala for awhile now.

You may have surpassed me by then! Unfortunately I've still got a good 7 hours of work left :/
Haha yeah, I'm glad I got an extra just in case. Really not wanting to see another S.Magala for awhile now.

Oh, shit. It's 8 PM here and I have class at 9 AM in the morning, so I might be asleep by the time you get back.

Edit:

Nah, who the fuck am I kidding. I have class at 9 AM, but I'm done at 11 AM. I'll just stay up. Hunt the night away.

HIR0

Should I be doing single player missions before moving onto multi-player.
Multi player seems to be making the single player missions easier for me as you get earlier access to better materials.
It kind of bothers me a bit.

ramyeon

Oh, shit. It's 8 PM here and I have class at 9 AM in the morning, so I might be asleep by the time you get back.

Edit:

Nah, who the fuck am I kidding. I have class at 9 AM, but I'm done at 11 AM. I'll just stay up. Hunt the night away.
Haha that's the spirit, if not I'll probably still be up playing by the time you're done with class.

Friday night and I satisfied my weekly partying quota already last night so I'm ready for a big night in haha.

Kinsei

Banned
Should I be doing single player missions before moving onto multi-player.
Multi player seems to be making the single player missions easier for me as you get earlier access to better materials.
It kind of bothers me a bit.

It doesn't really matter so long as you finish the single player story before you reach G3.

jorgejjvr

I feel like giving back to the lovely community. Is anyone from high or low rank experiencing any difficulty with any quests? Or is there one particular quest you'd like to do? I'm down for anything that isn't a elder dragon larger than a ship.

-Alternis

Edit: I may only have time for one quest.

I feel like giving back to the lovely community. Is anyone from high or low rank experiencing any difficulty with any quests? Or is there one particular quest you'd like to do? I'm down for anything that isn't a elder dragon larger than a ship.

-Alternis

Join the above room please.

Thank you very much, Scher!

I was playing so bad at first, screwing up simple stuff. That Black Gravios is the first enemy in the game that gave me trouble, is he difficult or is it just me?

Kinsei

Banned
Oh snap, I get Attack Up (XL) with Tigrex.
Has lower defense than Rathalos, but I think it should even out.

AUXL is amazing. I've been rocking it on my Mono S swet along with Adrenaline+2 and so far the only things that have taken me 10+ minutes to solo are Dah'ren and Crimson Fatalis. Even Molten Tigrex (caravan) went down in less than 9.

PrankT

Any lance users here? I've been primarily using the switch axe but want to try a second weapon. Can't decide between the lance and hunting horn. At HR4 with low velociprey and attack L, let me know if you have any recommendations.

blackflag

I never have money in this game. So weird when in 3 and 3U I had too much to spend and never had an issue.

I just made Mono S legs and don't even have enough to upgrade them once.

Guess I need to start hitting online for some fast low rank quests.

PKrockin

Any lance users here? I've been primarily using the switch axe but want to try a second weapon. Can't decide between the lance and hunting horn. At HR4 with low velociprey and attack L, let me know if you have any recommendations.
I use both lance and HH. I use the lance more in single player as it seems just insanely good with Guard or Evasion skills. You can laugh at people running for dear life or getting blown to bits by a huge AOE attack while you just press R+A or B and keep poking the monster to death. It's so safe it lets you stay on the monster constantly and not give a shit about what it's doing. You almost say goodbye to "circle and look for an opening" lol. The downside is it's prone to getting tripped up by small monsters or other hunters' attacks.

The horn is absurdly useful in multiplayer, Attack Up Large alone gives the whole party a ridiculous 20% attack boost. There's also infinite stamina, wind immunity, HG earplugs, and a few other useful songs. It's also actually an very mobile weapon (fastest drawn weapon run speed and moderate attack speed) that never bounces thanks to the two tier Self-Improvement song on every horn. Its range is pretty good as well, the wide swings letting you snipe the head when it would be out of the reach of hammers. It doesn't have through-the-roof damage and KO potential of the hammer though and learning when and how to play recitals and encores is tough especially since monsters will immediately target you next when you start playing. A tricky weapon but very satisfying and your team will love you for using it well:

rWFWmvZ.gif

I need to farm Shigaru Magala and the quest has disappeared, da fuck? The quest is nowhere to be seen and I thought it would be in the 6 star village quest but I don't see it. Anyone know what's up?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I just dropped from a 4-man Silver Rathalos fight
Thank goodness it was already 15 minutes into the fight and I wear Perception talisman
Damn Los doesn't even give me to lower my shield
And yeah, the drop/disconnect is noticeable. First it was one guy, then one another, and finally not to long after the host disconnected too. The server might be kinda shaky these days.

I was doing my HR5 urgent (after helping 3 other people with theirs), DC'ed 10 minutes in, thankfully on my next level 3 charge attack, the black gravios started limping so I was able to cap it safely.

Still pissed me off like crazy.

I've had to get into the habit of adding one person from every 4 man hunt group because it's the only way to rejoin after getting booted off.

Cerity

I need to farm Shigaru Magala and the quest has disappeared, da fuck? The quest is nowhere to be seen and I thought it would be in the 6 star village quest but I don't see it. Anyone know what's up?

It appears on and off.

You just have to check each time you're done with a quest.

I don't think i've been stuck on a monster as long as i've been stuck on M. Gravios. Dude's tough, i get it. I've killed him enough times now where i'm sitting on 6 wyvern gems and am actively wearing his armor. However, whenever my turn comes around, it's a grueling long term fight with 3 sudden deaths once the dude starts limping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom