• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruiting people for Advanced:Dragon Attack (HR6). Yes, I am slightly insane, but its the last high rank mission I have that has materials behind it.

Room:12-7432-3934-3822
Pass: 1447

Wanderer5

Shagaru Magala defeated, thus the end of the offline campaign. That was quite a intense battle, and I shall expect many more of such in the high and G ranks.:p Wonder how far I am going to go heh, but I glad I finally got into the series after a couple attempts of trying. Now back to moving up in online (still in HR2 heh)

God these disconnects are enraging as hell.

I can't play online with randoms because I always get disconnected.

I legitimately don't know what to do.

I doubt it's my connection because if it was i'd get kicked offline completely instead it just disconnects me from the room.

No lag or anything it just drops me.

Yeah I been getting dc issues too. So annoying.:\

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Played a couple arena matches. Took 25 minutes to kill Keecha Wacha with the light bowgun, that swingy-jumpy bastard. S-rank is 4mins? Did they even prove that is possible with all the provided weapons, or do they assume you'll just go for the switch axe?

Anyway, I think the controls for the bowgun would be WAY BETTER if it didn't have that weird pause before practically jumping in the direction you push. I would hope maybe the c-stick on the n3DS fixes it, but it does it in scope view too, so it's just a weird aspect of control. I understood it for a ballista or something because that's like a machine you crank, but for a weapon in your arms? Get your shit together, guys. This is just not acceptable for a high action game. I'm constantly using quick reticle and using the running of my character to aim. That means you dun fucked it up.

Kinsei

Banned
Shagaru Magala defeated, thus the end of the offline campaign. That was quite a intense battle, and I shall expect many more of such in the high and G ranks.:p Wonder how far I am going to go heh, but I glad I finally got into the series after a couple attempts of trying. Now back to moving up in online (still in HR2 heh)

Huh? Shagaru is the mid-boss, not the final boss.

Played a couple arena matches. Took 25 minutes to kill Keecha Wacha with the light bowgun, that swingy-jumpy bastard. S-rank is 4mins? Did they even prove that is possible with all the provided weapons, or do they assume you'll just go for the switch axe?

Anyway, I think the controls for the bowgun would be WAY BETTER if it didn't have that weird pause before practically jumping in the direction you push. I would hope maybe the c-stick on the n3DS fixes it, but it does it in scope view too, so it's just a weird aspect of control. I understood it for a ballista or something because that's like a machine you crank, but for a weapon in your arms? Get your shit together, guys. This is just not acceptable for a high action game. I'm constantly using quick reticle and using the running of my character to aim. That means you dun fucked it up.

The S rank times in the arena are meant for two people, not one.

Shengar

God these disconnects are enraging as hell.

I can't play online with randoms because I always get disconnected.

I legitimately don't know what to do.

I doubt it's my connection because if it was i'd get kicked offline completely instead it just disconnects me from the room.

No lag or anything it just drops me.

I just dropped from a 4-man Silver Rathalos fight
Thank goodness it was already 15 minutes into the fight and I wear Perception talisman
Damn Los doesn't even give me to lower my shield
And yeah, the drop/disconnect is noticeable. First it was one guy, then one another, and finally not to long after the host disconnected too. The server might be kinda shaky these days.

Kinsei

Banned
Some and even the MH wiki say it the end of the main story, campaign, etc.*shrug* I know there more to offline afterward.

That's the end of Monster Hunter 4. The story of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate doesn't even start until after you beat Shagaru Magala.

Juraash

Making my way through caravan still. In 8 star currently and it's interesting to see which monsters cause me trouble and which don't. Rathalos seems like one of my harder monsters even though he's been a free kill for me since freedom unite. Smoked a Pink Rathian and a Monoblos at lunch both of which were pretty fun.

That being said Khezu is still one of my banes. I really need to bolster my bow load outs to fight him, just less hassle.

Shengar

Making my way through caravan still. In 8 star currently and it's interesting to see which monsters cause me trouble and which don't. Rathalos seems like one of my harder monsters even though he's been a free kill for me since freedom unite. Smoked a Pink Rathian and a Monoblos at lunch both of which were pretty fun.

That being said Khezu is still one of my banes. I really need to bolster my bow load outs to fight him, just less hassle.

Rathalos is more agile and more likely to stay in the air and launching aerial attack this time around, which explain he's being more difficulty in MH4U. Despite that, his animation is more fluid so you can tell where he's going to each time he changed direction.

Caeodus, I think.

Ceadeus is to MH3U like Shagaru Magala to MH4U
The truly last boss is Alatreon

Raide

I find Khezu really easy with the bow. He is weak to fire, so a nice fire bow does the job. Keeping mobile is a must but just keep circling him and getting shots in as you can. Sometimes having the Palicos out to distract him can be really handy.

Beats

Okay, Kushala Daora down. Thanks Shengar and Lazy. Wasn't sure what to expect since that was my first time fighting it. I guess it's sort of like Alatreon? lol

38-1007-2625-5472
Pass is 1234.

Going to try and do the Dalamadur urgent if anyone is up to help. 2 spots left

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So yeah, got the Hori MH4G Slide Pad. Quick impressions:

As far as comfort goes, it's pretty good. Don't get hand cramps from playing for extended periods now. The ZL button being on the back takes some getting used to, but it's not bad. As for the C-stick, it's...odd. Controlling it with the left index finger isn't a huge problem or anything, but I'm finding it hard to wrap my head around the way the stick is configured. The directions are set as though you're looking straight on at the pad from the side. So if you're holding it naturally, you tilt the stick in the direction of the ceiling, I guess, for up, towards the floor for down, away from you for left, and towards you for right. It just doesn't feel super natural at first. You do get used to it, though. And it makes aiming with the bow and bowguns so much easier. If I have any complaint with it, it's that it's maybe a little bit too bulky (which was a common complaint on the Japanese Amazon reviews as well). But overall a good purchase, I think.

Juraash

I find Khezu really easy with the bow. He is weak to fire, so a nice fire bow does the job. Keeping mobile is a must but just keep circling him and getting shots in as you can. Sometimes having the Palicos out to distract him can be really handy.

Khezu, Kirin and Gravios were the reasons I picked up the bow back in the day. I've just neglected my bow gear badly in this game. I'll probably focus on that tonight/this weekend since I have a bunch more options for gear now.

I'm just about to start HR1 quests for the night. Just finished getting through all the early quests in the town, now I'm getting to gathering hall.

I'm somewhat a veteran. I played Monster Hunter 3 U for about 200 hours.

Friend Code: 2062 - 9258 - 7480

Let me know if you are interested in playing with me!

:)

Dice

I still haven't really gotten a hold of the dodging controls. They seem to randomly decide to be either in relation to the camera or in relation to the character all the time. Like say I dodge as the monster is jumping at me and turn the camera a bit. Now my character is on the right side of the screen facing the monster that is off the left side of the screen. I know the monster will jump at me again, so I hold down and press dodge, now my character jumps backward instead of rolling left and I get hit.

It's really weird because it doesn't do it all the time, and I can't figure out why it switches. I've messed with what seems to be the settings for it in the options but that doesn't make it 100% always correspond to the current camera direction, which I think is what it should be. There are other odd control things in the game I can't really figure out. It is NOT just recovery times and being "slower" as so many like to say. There are genuine oddities here I haven't experienced in any other game.

Anyone have any good ideas for high rank armor sets I can make? I'm HR4, and I mostly focus on offensive sets.

Rath Soul:

Razor Sharp
Earplugs (can be gemmed for High Grade Earplugs)
Critical Eye +1 (can be gemmed for +2)
Depending on charm/talisman/weapon slots, maybe even add Speed Sharpner on there

For now, I'm using Nerscylla S and it's really good if you like to capture and have poison negated.

I find the gear in this to be very confusing.

I mean, some times I'll find that you need high rank mats to make gear that's too crap for HR. It seems like everything at my rank takes at least 1 higher ranked mat to make... so Im always running with cruddy gear for the most part.

Heck, I only recently made my 2nd gear set (Depending on the weapon I can have Attack L and some other stuff) and the monsters I'm hunting now hit like brick trucks without my DEF Food buffs ... and the gear I can make from them is easily 20+ higher in def each but they always need something I haven't encountered yet ...

Oh, sorry about that. I think I misread the question.

I figured it was something like that. Any way, sucks you're so far ahead of me I can't play with you without being carried ;(.

What determines what weapons and armor are available to craft at the blacksmith

You need to have the first item listed as a crafting material for an item in order for it to show up. So for example, if an item requires:

W
X
Y
Z

and you have X, Y, Z, but no W, the item won't show up.

Dice

Congala 2ez. Finished quest in 11mins. Now I am free to harvest gossamite ore! YASSSSS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom