• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valus

Did a Gravios Hunt-A-Thon yesterday. Went through the entire 50 minutes. Killed it at least 8 times. Only carved a single Medulla. Gonna try again tonight...

Can someone explain the point of the guild quests where you register them? Sometimes I get this random monster quest and it starts out at level 1. When I beat it, it goes up to the next level. So far I've gotten 3 of the same monster. Is it just some kind of survival thing to see how high I can go? Is there a benefit to doing them, like better rewards?

Can someone explain the point of the guild quests where you register them? Sometimes I get this random monster quest and it starts out at level 1. When I beat it, it goes up to the next level. So far I've gotten 3 of the same monster. Is it just some kind of survival thing to see how high I can go? Is there a benefit to doing them, like better rewards?

It increases both difficulty and the quantity and quality of the rewards I believe as it increases in rank. Once you get a guild quest at or above level 30, then it is considered a high-rank quest.

Mo bros. I just did every single 4 * quest in the village and nothing else unlocked of told me where to go. How do I unlock 5* ??

There are 2 options when you don't know what to do next in the village:
1. Go to each town and make sure there are no yellow talking bubbles.
2. Do an Expedition.

tm24

So when i go guild quests with a friend, does it clear for both of us? We need to start raising our HR

Also, i love my kutku/velociprey set. It looks ugly but it's so functional.

tuffy

So when i go guild quests with a friend, does it clear for both of us? We need to start raising our HR
It does clear for everyone taking the quest, except for the urgent quests. Those only apply to the person who posted the quest.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Aside from warming a couple of monsters early on, I've barely touched Everwoods. Probably around a dozen, or so quests I've done there. I've been trying to progress in single player as much as I can with my free time during the day, then multiplayer in the evening with friends.

Anura

Man, I love my chammy set. It has HG ears, Status crit, Status +2, wind res, Crit draw, and Mushromancer. I use it with the Gog GS and it actually sleeps the monster! 1440 raw and natural purple sharpness plus sleep is really good.

Mushromancer is just because I could.

R0ckman

I let myself get hit by the beam to see if it OHKOs me. Does about half health from 150. It's been instant KO for others in the three lobbies I've been in

Most people don't seem to build armor based on what they are fighting, more interested in offensive than defensive buffs, and maximizing dps. I don't care about the battle taking 5 or 10 minutes longer if I can survive a beam that can kill in one hit if you aren't prepared.

Qurupeke

Cephadrome wasn't as bad as I expected. It's a worse Plesioth though with Diablos qualities and that's pretty bad on its own though...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I need some input on Lance upgrades.

I found a Relic Lance with 345 raw damage when I did the Everwood tutorial. So I haven't upgraded at all. I think it's about time, but I'm going to lose a lot of raw damage dong that...But I need more than yellow sharpness. Anyone have any thoughts on a good LR -> HR lance I can run with? I'm about done with my Barroth armor, so I think I'm OK there.

I need some input on Lance upgrades.

I found a Relic Lance with 345 raw damage when I did the Everwood tutorial. So I haven't upgraded at all. I think it's about time, but I'm going to lose a lot of raw damage dong that...But I need more than yellow sharpness. Anyone have any thoughts on a good LR -> HR lance I can run with? I'm about done with my Barroth armor, so I think I'm OK there.

Since it only costs 3 armor spheres and a small amount of Caravan points, go ahead and upgrade the Relic Lance to see what it does. The Raw may go up, the Sharpness may go up, both, who knows.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Since it only costs 3 armor spheres and a small amount of Caravan points, go ahead and upgrade the Relic Lance to see what it does. The Raw may go up, the Sharpness may go up, both, who knows.

Oh I didn't realize sharpness could go up. It takes the green spheres to upgrade...Are those common enough to feel comfortable using?

Cerity

Always start to feel kind of bad when I manage to inflict poison on monsters that do poison damage - iodrome, gypceros, nerscylla, rath's etc. Nerscylla armour + weapon is just too fun lol.

Need to do this. Also kill a monster with the shadowbox gesture lol.

I managed to get the frenzy buff through shadowboxing lol, though it was after the quest had finished and I was shadowboxing it's face.

Mupod

I love when monsters battle one another.

I was super hyped for the Azure Rathalos/Seregios rivalry and was expecting shit to go down when they showed up in the same area. Sure enough, it happened pretty quickly in the caravan mission where you encounter both. As soon as Steve lands, Rathalos instantly turns around and makes a pissed-off beeline straight to him. I was all ready for an intense monster battle but it turns out Rathalos was just running to his usual spot when he flies away and changes areas. Dammit.

aka_bueno

My experience with picking up a Gunner set has been interesting so far. The HBG is just, so... clunky!

I'm starting to feel like this weapon class might be reliant on certain armor skills to make it more fun. Anyone have any tips? Should I just try LBG instead ha?

Vire

My experience with picking up a Gunner set has been interesting so far. The HBG is just, so... clunky!

I'm starting to feel like this weapon class might be reliant on certain armor skills to make it more fun. Anyone have any tips? Should I just try LBG instead ha?

Good LBG's require more gear than HBG's in my opinion because you need one that can rapid fire for each of the types of weaknesses and the skills to support it.

Won't argue that the HBG is some what clunky though.

I was super hyped for the Azure Rathalos/Seregios rivalry and was expecting shit to go down when they showed up in the same area. Sure enough, it happened pretty quickly in the caravan mission where you encounter both. As soon as Steve lands, Rathalos instantly turns around and makes a pissed-off beeline straight to him. I was all ready for an intense monster battle but it turns out Rathalos was just running to his usual spot when he flies away and changes areas. Dammit.

I remember in the Mark of a Hero quest in MH3U, where you have to fight a Brachydios, Azure Rathalos and Ivory Lagiacrus, the general strategy consensus was:

-Get Brachy and Rath in the same area.
-Let Brachy kill Rath.
-Brachy is almost dead - kill Brachy.

Then clean up by getting the I. Lagia.

R0ckman

I remember in the Mark of a Hero quest in MH3U, where you have to fight a Brachydios, Azure Rathalos and Ivory Lagiacrus, the general strategy consensus was:

-Get Brachy and Rath in the same area.
-Let Brachy kill Rath.
-Brachy is almost dead - kill Brachy.

Then clean up by getting the I. Lagia.

What determines if monsters fight each other, most of the quest I've been in with multiple monsters is that they just hang out in the same area and waste everyones time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom