• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
For hammer, you're worried about sharpness and raw above all else. Don't worry about element, really.

Yeah, I didn't think so. I'll just hold onto it and take it down the Fatalis path when the time comes, I guess.

EDIT: Plus I've never liked the look of the Breath Core Hammer anyway. It's super ugly.

burgerdog

tigrex.png

Yoink! Thank you, sir!

A question on bows and coatings....say I shoot a monster with sleep coating once, should I flip back to "no coating" and it'll have a random chance of going to sleep (thus saving my coatings and not draining them) or should I just shoot them all till I'm out...?

Basically I don't know :)

Leezard

Check all three of these links:

http://gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/107741806567/monster-hunter-4g-ultimate-noteworthy-armor-sets

http://gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/94523313132/blademaster-skills-to-have-sets-to-make

http://gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/99465093652/my-final-mh4-sets

Edit: My bad, I should've specified. Those links are to show you long term skills to aim for.

For short term long swords, I'm just gonna say try to make one of every element. Element is important for most weapons (hammer and greatsword, not so much) so there isn't really one single weapon that you'd want to stick with at low ranks.

Does anyone know what the Kuroobi set refers to?

cheesekao

A question on bows and coatings....say I shoot a monster with sleep coating once, should I flip back to "no coating" and it'll have a random chance of going to sleep (thus saving my coatings and not draining them) or should I just shoot them all till I'm out...?

Basically I don't know :)
The latter. Shoot sleep coated arrows until it falls asleep.

Most efficient way to craft bombs? I can't seem to get many scatterfish with the felyne fishing and it's frustrating...

Damn this topic moves fast. The most efficient way to craft BBL+ is to not craft BBL+. Instead, get to HR in the Guild and just get Meat and Drink, the very first tab is a guaranteed "Felyne Pyro". This turns all BBL into BBL+.

But, buy a metric shit ton of Barrels, then turn the Wyporium into a NitroShroom/Fireherbporium.

EDIT: Also, this makes the strongest bombs possible. Felyne Pyro does not affect bombs that are already BBL+, and contrary to common misconception, there are ZERO Felyne skills that increase the raw damage of bombs. Felyne Bombadier DOES NOT AFFECT BOMBS AT ALL.

The armor skill Bombadier does, however.

Anyone wanna do some quests? I'm already at 1 star g rank stuff but I'm holding off since I need a lot of money so I'm up for anything. New weapons and they're upgrades are pricey as hell

TheExodu5

Banned
So far I'm just crafting whatever best weapon I can...did some Charge Blade, then Hammer, then Longsword, and now Insect Glaive.

In MH3U, I mained the Hunting Horn. Seemed to be fine for both SP and MP. How is it this time around...still relatively viable SP? Maybe I'm better off juggling a few weapon types.

Not sure what yet. I was going to main Charge Blade, but I feel that might be too ambitious. It's a very deep and complex weapon, and I don't think I'll get enough out of it considering what little play time I have. Insect Glaive seems far too good...but I'm not a huge fan of the insect mechanic. Hammer is great, but doesn't have the satisfying reach and overhead swing of the Hunting Horn. Decisions, decisions.

Valus

So far I'm just crafting whatever best weapon I can...did some Charge Blade, then Hammer, then Longsword, and now Insect Glaive.

In MH3U, I mained the Hunting Horn. Seemed to be fine for both SP and MP. How is it this time around...still relatively viable SP? Maybe I'm better off juggling a few weapon types.

Not sure what yet. I was going to main Charge Blade, but I feel that might be too ambitious. It's a very deep and complex weapon, and I don't think I'll get enough out of it considering what little play time I have. Insect Glaive seems far too good...but I'm not a huge fan of the insect mechanic. Hammer is great, but doesn't have the satisfying reach and overhead swing of the Hunting Horn. Decisions, decisions.

Sounds like you should try out Great Sword. It isn't complex, very powerful without strange bug mechanics, has solid reach and extremely satisfying overhead swings/slams.

How is the bow in this game? Did they buff it at all? I didn't enjoy it very much in 3U. I want a second weapon to use along with my IG, leaning toward hammer, but if they made the bow better than it was in 3U then I'll move to bow.

jorgejjvr

do you get caravan points in Guild??? I'm almost out, and thats the best way ive found to get insect nectar, any other effective way???

Man, upgrading my IG is costly lol

Shiina

do you get caravan points in Guild??? I'm almost out, and thats the best way ive found to get insect nectar, any other effective way???

Man, upgrading my IG is costly lol

Yup. Not really the nectar, though, as much as the glaives themselves cost. And the might seed farming is kinda annoying.

Hedge

So how far along do I have to go to recruit more palicos and craft their armor? I'm about to fight the Gendrome in Harth (the second city), and I want to get to adding more cats to my party and start crafting armor for themmmm.

Shiina

Any easy fast way to get nectar tho

Buy it from the Wycoon. Don't even bother making glaives that aren't built up from the ground for the effect extender bug.

So how far along do I have to go to recruit more palicos and craft their armor? I'm about to fight the Gendrome in Harth (the second city), and I want to get to adding more cats to my party and start crafting armor for themmmm.

Next town.

Raide

You will get to an island and it all comes together, Nyah!

jorgejjvr

Anyone up for some G rank real soon? I need some G Zamtrios, G Nerscylla, and Golden Rajang parts to upgrade my weapons. Afterwards I plan on killing A Tidal Najarlala and my urgent. Keep in mind that High Rank Golden Rajang is no joke at all. Any offers?

-Alternis

jorgejjvr

hey guys, what are the best high quality desktop wallpapers of MH4? I like this one with an IG user and gore magala in this grassy field but its more vertical, like a rectangle, not good for desktop. any good desktop options?

Also, any good MH4 avatars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom