• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like everyone on here has spent 100 hours or more already on the game and I'm like... 10? Haha...

Nah man, I'm only at 86. It's weekend now though, so I'll probably pass the 100h mark soon :p

Anyone wants to do some hunts? I just got to HR7 but I'm open for lower high rank quests too. Maybe we can do some non-key quests to get those sexy ticks filled up.

Nah man, I'm only at 86. It's weekend now though, so I'll probably pass the 100h mark soon :p

Anyone wants to do some hunts? I just got to HR7 but I'm open for lower high rank quests too. Maybe we can do some non-key quests to get those sexy ticks filled up.

Need to farm some Deviljho. Also do the last food upgrade quest.

jorgejjvr

Ammo man, I hope you are up to hunt tonight, I NEED to get to G rank, ive been so busy with work lately, need a couple of HR7 Quests and urgents

If you have seen someone else posting (alternis) thats my bro, i'm the actual account owner xD

Need to farm some Deviljho. Also do the last food upgrade quest.

Sure, I haven't done Deviljho in this game yet, so I'm ready for our happy reunion. I'll go set up a room.

Ammo man, I hope you are up to hunt tonight, I NEED to get to G rank, ive been so busy with work lately, need a couple of HR7 Quests and urgents

If you have seen someone else posting (alternis) thats my bro, i'm the actual account owner xD
Yeah, I''ve noticed :p, I played with you both before. I'll probably be playing for the next few hours so maybe we can play some later.

Filth

I'm looking into this further, but for now, tell us what the Caravaneer says when you talk to him.

Just got home. Caravaneer says " still got all your limbs? The meownsters hunters made it to sunsnug isle! I saw them make landfall takes a crazy critter to cross an ocean in a barrel ". That's it

Damn and I thought 40h in 2 weeks was a lot :p
I'm almost Village quest *4 and need to kill a Gore to get to HR3 .

I think I just got past 9 hrs and I just started lvl quest 3. I think it will take me months to even get to 40 hrs. I wish I had more time to play.

Mupod

I just want to express how much I hate anything in this game with a lower than 20% drop chance :D

at least I can understand when rubies/plates don't drop and you usually only need 1 or 2.

there's NO REASON I should have had to kill 5 purple gypceros for one wing. Ended up being faster to farm low rank Zinogre and Bananaramas for my evade distance gems. Don't even get me started on Najarala sounders.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This game.... could keep me busy for a long time.

I think the secret is to not have item thirst. Between story/guild/arena/expeditions there is a lot to work with. I think expeditions in particular may get one into the right frame of mind.

Small pet peeve coming to my attention is that puffing sound whenever acid gets on you. I think the visual effect is enough to let me know it's there, thank you very much.

Just got home. Caravaneer says " still got all your limbs? The meownsters hunters made it to sunsnug isle! I saw them make landfall takes a crazy critter to cross an ocean in a barrel ". That's it

I can't remember if you said this already, but have you talked to all the cats in Sunsnug? The area connected to Cheeko Sands.

Kinsei

Banned
So ColossalLazy planted the idea of killing a monster with the shadowbox gesture in my head last night, and I did it! I landed the final blow on a high rank Tetsucabra with it!

Mupod

I think the secret is to not have item thirst. Between story/guild/arena/expeditions there is a lot to work with. I think expeditions in particular may get one into the right frame of mind.

Expeditions can be a lot of fun for sure. I spent a lot of time in Tri doing free hunts, I'd do things like equip full Deviljho gear and leave the hunger increase in then see how much shit I could murder before I ran out of stamina.

I mean I'll complain about low drop rates - see my previous post - but I'm playing for fun. I fully intend to continue to fuck around in high rank for absolutely no reason and I'll only move on to G when I'm good and ready.

Of course I like playing a variety of weapons and fooling around with item sets so having extra parts from random monsters is always nice.

Speaking of which this game has more item box space than 3U, right? I filled that thing up so fast. Being a gunner pretty much means you need a whole page just for ammo if you want to keep it stocked up for use with item sets.

What's a good initial gunlance? I want to try something other than Charge Blade or Insect Glaive. I can make Tigrex right now which has raw and wide shot, I also need to find a good armor set with artillery.

Also High rank Bow hunters, what armor set are you using? I'm trying to get into Bow but I need more work, and something other the gunner zinogre set.

So to get pitfall traps, you need spider web and ivy, then combine them, then combine that with a trap tool, and even then there's not even a great chance it'll work?

Don't even worry about pitfall traps. Nets are such a PITA and you can't bulk them AT ALL, so screw it, just use the other traps. Keep a couple of pitfalls for Gypceros or Zinogre, and that's about it.

Mupod

Don't even worry about pitfall traps. Nets are such a PITA and you can't bulk them AT ALL, so screw it, just use the other traps. Keep a couple of pitfalls for Gypceros or Zinogre, and that's about it.

you can get spiderwebs from Wycoon with points, grow ivy with his farm stuff, and trap tools can be bought half off from the vendor sometimes. I actually have more of them than I do shock traps now because I use them for damage.

I mean, I don't rely on them, but they DRAMATICALLY speed up fights against certain monsters. If a tired Zinogre falls in one, it's over.

co1onel

Small pet peeve coming to my attention is that puffing sound whenever acid gets on you. I think the visual effect is enough to let me know it's there, thank you very much.
I don't think its possible for me to not have item thirst. There's always something else I want to make, and I can't rest until I get it.
Its what makes this game so darn addicting, especially when it can take hours if not days to get a single item.

Valus

Any tips for getting rid of a zinogre? Dude has been whopping me every time I go after him.

Wail on him when he's charging up (howling/absorbing thunder). Pretty much dodge everything by going left/right, not back/forward. That includes his paw slam, body slam, charge attack, tail slam...he doesn't have any tail swipes to worry about. Cut the tail off if you have it in you, but it doesn't help a whole lot. Aim for his paws to break them/stagger him occassionally. When he goes super saiyan, you have to knock him out of it. It won't go away until you deal enough damage to him. If you're going to trap him, use a pitfall trap. He will destroy shock traps.

jorgejjvr

Tried it with an insect glaive and my usual charge blade, couldn't do it. Charge blade got me further but I still get killed after two or three hits if he staggers me. Kinda cheap.

As a charge blade user, I usually charge my shield and ready my phials before he is fully charged up. It shouldn't be too hard since he's rather slow if he's normal. Unleash your phials when he howls, and if he is fully charged, either block, evade, or wait for him to attack. He's swift but most attacks have long animations and/or openings. For example when he shoots lightning balls, the middle and back are safe zones.

-Alternis

you can get spiderwebs from Wycoon with points, grow ivy with his farm stuff, and trap tools can be bought half off from the vendor sometimes. I actually have more of them than I do shock traps now because I use them for damage.

I mean, I don't rely on them, but they DRAMATICALLY speed up fights against certain monsters. If a tired Zinogre falls in one, it's over.

You can get webs?

Not that it matters, I need those points for bombs anyway. :x
And stones.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Despite having mega armor and using mega dash juice and fighting ranged, I spent like 6 mega potions on Zinogre since my healing palicoes played their horns like.. TWICE? How long do I have to sit at 1/4 health for them to take notice? They also played once... after it died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom