• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjc

Zinorge down. Damn, that was the toughest hunt I've had in this game so far. Took me over a half hour to kill him.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm always down to kill nerscylla.

Zinorge down. Damn, that was the toughest hunt I've had in this game so far. Took me over a half hour to kill him.
Wasn't too bad speed-wise for me, but I did invest a ton of time into prep, getting a high metal gunner set (20 thundres) upgraded through armor sphere+ and a royal torrent which rapid fires water shots and my palicoes got weapons that did 100 water. He was annoying enough just trying to shoot with how much he runs around. He'd be super annoying for melee.

Despite all that prep I was a dummy and forgot to refill my mega potions and switch out my speed gathing gems before going in, lol.

Highwind

The amount of people online without wystones is shocking.

G Rank won't be fun once they reach Apex monsters.

Speaking of wystones, I have a room hosted to get those upgraded and now I am fighting the Shrouded Nerscylla. If anyone wants to tag along the room ID is 26-8221-4248-0719.

Speaking of wystones, I have a room hosted to get those upgraded and now I am fighting the Shrouded Nerscylla. If anyone wants to tag along the room ID is 26-8221-4248-0719.

What the heck is a wystone?

jorgejjvr

wystones?

Highwind

What the heck is a wystone?

It's a special stone which will knock a frenzied monster out of the frenzy virus. Combined with another stone (ESP enabled) it'll knock Apex monsters out of the virus.

You get it in Caravan *9. You don't really need it for High Rank but once you hit G Rank I'd stop playing online and unlock them.

It's a special stone which will knock a frenzied monster out of the frenzy virus. Combined with another stone (ESP enabled) it'll knock Apex monsters out of the virus.

You get it in Caravaan *9. You don't really need it for High Rank but once you hit G Rank I'd stop playing online and unlock them.

You unlock Wystones in Caravan 9* and they're used to give you buffs against frenzied/apex monsters.

Ah I see. Welp it's a good thing i'm doing the Caravan quests.

WorldStar

Banned
make a hall?

Fire up a room and I will gladly try to help. :D

I'm always down to kill nerscylla.

Wasn't too bad speed-wise for me, but I did invest a ton of time into prep, getting a high metal gunner set (20 thundres) upgraded through armor sphere+ and a royal torrent which rapid fires water shots and my palicoes got weapons that did 100 water. He was annoying enough just trying to shoot with how much he runs around. He'd be super annoying for melee.

Despite all that prep I was a dummy and forgot to refill my mega potions and switch out my speed gathing gems before going in, lol.

Damn didn't know so many people willing to help

I'm still at work :(

I'll post when I get home

jorgejjvr

Well at work as well, but hopefully in about 3 hours people are down to help me take down Silver Rathalos, Dalamadur, and the other one that comes after it :p

wiibomb

is quitting the game to go back to the title screen enough to reset charm tables?

there's really no need for that, the charm tables are big enough now to have everyone nice charms as i heard, the charm tables in MH3U were really bad compared to this ones as I heard

Kinsei

Banned
Is there a list of all the monsters that appear in the Meownster Hunter mini-game? I know you need to beat all of them for a guild card award so it'd be nice to have a list that I can check off as I defeat each one.

ohlawd

there's really no need for that, the charm tables are big enough now to have everyone nice charms as i heard, the charm tables in MH3U were really bad compared to this ones as I heard

I know just how bad MH3U charm tables can get.

I don't want nice charms. I want great charms. tired of getting crap like +x elements, gunner shit.

wiibomb

I know just how bad MH3U charm tables can get.

I don't want nice charms. I want great charms. tired of getting crap like +x elements, gunner shit.

do you know in which table you are now? I mean, if you just reset you will not know in any way in which table you are so, what gives?

also if you want amazing charms, you will have a tough luck since they are really hard to come by, gaijin hunter already mentioned the odds for suck charms are pretty low

EDIT: if you want to make sure, then just reset the game, there's no harm in that

Madouu

Despite having mega armor and using mega dash juice and fighting ranged, I spent like 6 mega potions on Zinogre since my healing palicoes played their horns like.. TWICE? How long do I have to sit at 1/4 health for them to take notice? They also played once... after it died.

Maybe they're on low enthusiasm?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ugh, I'm ONE G.Jaggi Claw+ away from making the Jaggi S set, and the only high-rank Great Jaggi I can fight right now is in that two-monster quest with it and the Gendrome.

when he's pissed, yeah. I would mount, knock over, then put large barrel bombx2 +1 sm barrel bomb (to explode them all) to get his feelers. I personally didn't have enough dps otherwise
The bombs!! Idk why I never thought of that. That MAY help me, get some nice bomb action going, few attacks from my hammer, done. Thank you.

I'm having the SAME problem! I'm anxious to hear an answer. I have 1 feeler, and that was from an online run where everything broke.
Lucky, I don't even have one, I need 2 for my IG.

Shengar

Yeah, I've ben playing hard mode throughout the entire Guild Hall HR quest lol
I want to do HR Caravan quest, I just can't find the time

Raide

Or a charge blade user. Mount > axe mode > roundhouse > superburst > trap if the feelers aren't broken yet.

7* caravan and HR4.

Ahh a little bit to go yet then. Just did some Heavens Mount quests and now I have to hunt Zinogre and Rathalos. :D

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So I forgot to catch fulgurbugs when I fought Zinogre the first time, so I just did again now without any of the power ups. TRASHED HIM since I knew how he acted and I was also freshly warmed up to the gun after having played LS a while. At the end he was sleeping and I unloaded a clip into him, and he woke up as I reloaded the next clip. Two shot his back as he turned around but the 3rd hit him square in the face and that completed the mission. Yet again I wish we had replays. Now it is time to get some firestones from Gravios for the TOTALLY SWEET looking Ingot armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom