• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Banned
So I forgot to catch fulgurbugs when I fought Zinogre the first time, so I just did again now without any of the power ups. TRASHED HIM since I knew how he acted and I was also freshly warmed up to the gun after having played LS a while. At the end he was sleeping and I unloaded a clip into him, and he woke up as I reloaded the next clip. Two shot his back as he turned around but the 3rd hit him square in the face and that completed the mission. Yet again I wish we had replays. Now it is time to get some firestones from Gravios for the TOTALLY SWEET looking Ingot armor.

Firestones aren't from Gravios. Well they ARE but it's faster and easier just to mine them.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Firestones aren't from Gravios. Well they ARE but it's faster and easier just to mine them.
Oh, right. I want to test my new water gun on him tho.

Edit: Damnit, I forgot about drinks because my last armor has heat resistance but didn't remember until I was already in zone 8. Second time today I had to abandon a quest due to absentmindedness.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Oh my god these village 9 quests are heavy duty on my soul.

Brute Tigrex, Stygian Zinogre, Frenzied Brachydios, and Frenzied Deviljho all back to back.

I'm exhausted as hell.

Stygian Zinogre is not a fun fight with dual blades. I actually had to abandon and switch to greatsword because the DB's wouldn't stop him from charging up.

On the other hand Brute Tigrex died in 6 minutes with my dual blades, but he was kind of a wuss gave me lots of openings.

Frenzied Brachy and Jho were rage fests. I was basically screaming the whole time but goddamn it was satisfying as hell finishing them off.

mjc

Whaaaat is this 5* quest to fight a Zinogre and Rathalos in the same quest?!?

colbertscared.gif

Kinsei

Banned

Brute Tigrex, Stygian Zinogre, Frenzied Brachydios, and Frenzied Deviljho all back to back.

I'm exhausted as hell.

Stygian Zinogre is not a fun fight with dual blades. I actually had to abandon and switch to greatsword because the DB's wouldn't stop him from charging up.

On the other hand Brute Tigrex died in 6 minutes with my dual blades, but he was kind of a wuss gave me lots of openings.

Frenzied Brachy and Jho were rage fests. I was basically screaming the whole time but goddamn it was satisfying as hell finishing them off.

And then when you reach 10* you've got Molten Tigrex, Savage Deviljho, Gold & Silver, and Crimson Fatalis. Have fun!

I swear I have this weird dream lately of not doing my assignment
I blame MH for this

There is something I must do right now, I just popped to see what quest you're doing all night lol

Aww.
It was Rajang, and my partner triple carted, then the quest wasn't there any more ;_;. I FUCKING NEED 3 OF HIS MOST COMMON ITEM AND I KEEP GETTING RARE SHIT INSTEAD.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
And then when you reach 10* you've got Molten Tigrex, Savage Deviljho, Gold & Silver, and Crimson Fatalis. Have fun!

I have enough experience with jho from 3U that I'm not all that worried :p

Molten Tigrex on the other hand, that's something I'm eager to see if it lives up to the hype.

Beats

I wish I knew about delaying my wakeup in 3U. That probably would have saved me from getting combo'd by some monsters. I used to always just get up right away, but not anymore lol.

Kinsei

Banned
I have enough experience with jho from 3U that I'm not all that worried :p

Molten Tigrex on the other hand, that's something I'm eager to see if it lives up to the hype.

The village one doesn't. I hear that the high rank gathering hall one is a beast though!

I wish I knew about delaying my wakeup in 3U. That probably would have saved me from getting combo'd by some monsters.

It wasn't in 3U.

PrankT

I've been poking around with my low rank Velociprey armor and decided to try some new weapons before starting HR5. I made a Master Bagpipe since it was so easy to make and has two slots, Attack Up L, Defense Up L, and Health Boost L. So awesome along with Attack Up XL from the armor and attack jems. Wish I tried this out earlier! Too bad I have to upgrade the armor soon.

R0ckman

I'm exhausted as hell.

I actually got to the point that I could farm S. Zinogre, I also found out he has a lot of hitbox issues. For example, if you touch his body right after he does his back tail slam, it counts as taking the full hit and you go flying. There's another attack with issues but I forget what. I'm just glad I'm done with him for now.

Brachydios forced me to go conservative, had to wait for him to do several attacks I knew would allow for openings and mount several times. Towards the end I just decided it wasn't fun anymore and captured him. He never triple carted me, but I got so mad I reset and finished him with no carts. I think its BS that the explosion slams can attack you while you are on the ground, right after being knocked on it from another one. The monsters just spam too much in this and they are constantly locked on to you. In 3Ultimate it felt like they locked unto you 60% of the time and the Shakalaka's 40% and in this it's like 90% you 10% the cats.

Shengar

The only problem I had with S Ziggy is its dragonblight. This is where I really Ivory Lagiacrus for all of its Attack Up, Blightres, and Partbreaker skills.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I actually got to the point that I could farm S. Zinogre, I also found out he has a lot of hitbox issues. For example, if you touch his body right after he does his back tail slam, it counts as taking the full hit and you go flying. There's another attack with issues but I forget what. I'm just glad I'm done with him for now.

Yeah I noticed that when it nearly killed me, also his energy balls have a much bigger hitbox than the graphic would lead you to believe.

He's rough as hell.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Alright, nice. Got the Jaggi S set, put a few Armor Spheres into it, and gemmed it up to Attack Up L. This'll probably carry me through most of high rank offline, I think. Shame that I don't really care for the look of the Jaggi set, though. Also a shame that I wasted so much time yesterday getting the Alloy S set. Gah.

Demoli

2 Seregios Lenses in a row, on the same mission.

GF luck for the rest of my life.

Edit:
Carry three Wyvern Eggs is the best quest. The last egg is basically an horror show.

I loved the Ian + Los quest too, they were always fighting together
(and hitting each other)

WoMwwip.png

But you can't stun with the stick, right?

Is that someone's avatar? I might take it

I seriously get angrier and more frustrated when the game refuses to give me COMMON shit than when I have to farm the same monster over and over for a less than 5% chance at something rare.

Fucking 46% chance to get a Fang+ from Rajang, and it couldn't give me just ONE more. Fucker. Now I have to do it again.

Exuro

I seriously get angrier and more frustrated when the game refuses to give me COMMON shit than when I have to farm the same monster over and over for a less than 5% chance at something rare.

Fucking 46% chance to get a Fang+ from Rajang, and it couldn't give me just ONE more. Fucker. Now I have to do it again.
I seem to always never get the item I need, and then on the last fight where I only need one more I'll get 4+.

R0ckman

Apparently you can kill with mounting, as soon as I finished the mount the monster dropped dead instead of falling over and flinging me off.

I heard that the monsters did not gain the ability to "jump back and attack to avoid being countered" until MH4, while watching a let's play, is this true?

Emalde

Anybody also making 20 different glaives and need a million Elder Dragon Bones because you're making the effect extender bug on each of them? Let's hunt HR Kushala for several hours together! ID: 61-9721-5484-3234

I've never had a monster break me so hard until the high rank Yian Garuga. I thought I was getting better until he showed up and put me in my place. Thank god it was an expidition since I got carted like 4 times, and once I broke his face and he was getting tired, he flings me with his tail, and keeps me away with the wind pressure to fly off. Twice, since I had the fortune of getting 2 to show up.

Hell, even the Velocidrome that appeared ran off on my when he got weak. Figured I would at least kill something, but nope. Its as if to rub salt in the wound. Now I feel bad.

/rant

Mupod

I've never had a monster break me so hard until the high rank Yian Garuga. I thought I was getting better until he showed up and put me in my place. Thank god it was an expidition since I got carted like 4 times, and once I broke his face and he was getting tired, he flings me with his tail, and keeps me away with the wind pressure to fly off. Twice, since I had the fortune of getting 2 to show up.

Hell, even the Velocidrome that appeared ran off on my when he got weak. Figured I would at least kill something, but nope. Its as if to rub salt in the wound. Now I feel bad.

/rant

he's a real bastard in this game, and I've fought his 2nd gen version plenty of times. I love it.

Faiz

Carry three Wyvern Eggs is the best quest. The last egg is basically an horror show.

Last egg absolutely required Felyne Lander for me. Loc Lac + auto tracker + felyne lander made it go from horror show to easy mode. First time I went in with just the Loc Lac.

he's a real bastard in this game, and I've fought his 2nd gen version plenty of times. I love it.

I think the worst/best part is the tracking on his head smashes is amazing. He snipes me each hit. Also doesn't help that he takes like 1/4 of my health each hit. I think my Velocipray S set is at end of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom