• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never had a monster break me so hard until the high rank Yian Garuga. I thought I was getting better until he showed up and put me in my place. Thank god it was an expidition since I got carted like 4 times, and once I broke his face and he was getting tired, he flings me with his tail, and keeps me away with the wind pressure to fly off. Twice, since I had the fortune of getting 2 to show up.

Hell, even the Velocidrome that appeared ran off on my when he got weak. Figured I would at least kill something, but nope. Its as if to rub salt in the wound. Now I feel bad.

/rant

Don't worry I got carted by an Iodrome earlier. Shit happens haha.

EDIT:
I think the worst/best part is the tracking on his head smashes is amazing. He snipes me each hit. Also doesn't help that he takes like 1/4 of my health each hit. I think my Velocipray S set is at end of life.

He only takes a quarter of your health and you want new armor?
Maybe I should move on from LR armor....

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there a way to access the "hidden" areas in Expeditions? I can see stuff there, but there's no way to access them. Behind rocks or trees or whatever.

Also, is anyone doing low rank stuff? Like 3-4* things? I don't have anything in mind to hunt, but I enjoy farming random stuff with friends. :)

EDIT:
He only takes a quarter of your health and you want new armor?
Maybe I should move on from LR armor....

Arg... Don't make me feel worse. I mean, that was with Defense L, and an adamant seed, but still.

I need to learn to better predict/dodge charging monsters. Any time I'm on offense I always get hit by the charge, even when I think I'm out of the way. Most of my hp is lost from that, since they also like to aggro on my after that. Maybe I'm just too aggressive.

Edit:
if you give basarios armor to your cat, in sneak mode it turns into a rock with cat ears.

This may be the best thing I heard all day.

Arg... Don't make me feel worse. I mean, that was with Defense L, and an adamant seed, but still.

I need to learn to better predict/dodge charging monsters. Any time I'm on offense I always get hit by the charge, even when I think I'm out of the way. Most of my hp is lost from that, since they also like to aggro on my after that. Maybe I'm just too aggressive.

Edit:

This may be the best thing I heard all day.

Try and think of it a little bit like a turn based game... You have your turn, he has his turn. Protip: His turn wins.

Say you get hit, and you recover. What do you do? Do you immediately resume the offense? If so, then you're going to get hit by his next attack. What you SHOULD do is consider "getting up" as "Your turn". Get up, and just run around the monster, ready to dodge. THEN, after a second or two, he's going to attack, and you'll be ready to dodge, giving you an opening. You don't need to be attacking all the time. Once he's "done" with his attack, and starts being able to do other stuff, resume the defensive.

If you just practice circling the monster until they attack first, you'll take way less damage.

Try and think of it a little bit like a turn based game... You have your turn, he has his turn. Protip: His turn wins.

Say you get hit, and you recover. What do you do? Do you immediately resume the offense? If so, then you're going to get hit by his next attack. What you SHOULD do is consider "getting up" as "Your turn". Get up, and just run around the monster, ready to dodge. THEN, after a second or two, he's going to attack, and you'll be ready to dodge, giving you an opening. You don't need to be attacking all the time. Once he's "done" with his attack, and starts being able to do other stuff, resume the defensive.

If you just practice circling the monster until they attack first, you'll take way less damage.

I wait until after their attack to attack myself, but my turn seems to stretch too long. My turn spills over into theirs, and I'm usually mid attack when they start, so I can't Guard Point (Charge Blade) or dodge far enough out of the way. I'll try the circling thing more though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What the hell...I am crushing the shit out of the Gypceros head and I can't get one to drop for the life of me. :|

On the plus side, I crafted the Usurper's Thunder just now and I am just slam dunking the shit out of him. Just kind of annoying.

Welp. According to my 3DS activity log, I've been playing for closer to 27 hours. I'm done, GAF. Gonna pass out. More hunts tomorrow (if I wake up before Sunday).

The LR Brachydios in Caravan 6 requires you do a quest chain. There also should be an HR3 quest at the guild.
I got it after finding a Hall online. After grouping up for the HR6 one and getting Brach Scalp+.

Ugh. Now after realizing I need 10 slots for Focus, I'm trying to farm the Moshgharl set. This is going to take forever. ;_; I don't even know how to make this easier.

Highwind

Me and some other guy just finished off the quest for Frenzy Seltas Queen and Cephadrome.

It's not a joke. Seriously. Most brutal hunt I've experienced so far.

I am also up for clearing some keys @ Shiina.

Mupod

Huh. Apparently if you use a jump attack near a monster that's been knocked down by someone else, it still initiates the mount. I was just reloading my gun in the air and it jumped on Gendrome.

Shiina

Me and some other guy just finished off the quest for Frenzy Seltas Queen and Cephadrome.

It's not a joke. Seriously. Most brutal hunt I've experienced so far.

I am also up for clearing some keys @ Shiina.

56-8267-8406-9067

Anybody else feel free to join. One more and we'll start.

Anyone up for doing the G2 keys?

Me!

Also, setting text speed to instant makes a world of difference, as does being able to cook 5 steaks at once in village. MH has surprised me a couple of times now where I had thoughts like "Hmm, wish this thing was easier/more convenient." and then BAM, it happens.

Edit: Read HR2 for some reason. :S If anyone is up for those let me know, will make room soon.

I just bought the palico 3DS theme and 1 of the palicoes is dressed up in that Jotaro costume. He even does the classic finger point pose when you scroll from screen to screen xD

I just bought the palico 3DS theme and 1 of the palicoes is dressed up in that Jotaro costume. He even does the classic finger point pose when you scroll from screen to screen xD
It's a dlc costume as well. No idea if we're getting it though
DoZnnX2.png

Alright, looking for people for high rank guild quests. I still want to do Dragon Attack, but I'm open to doing other stuff.

Room:55-4695-7441-1590
Pass: 5555

Damn this topic moves fast. The most efficient way to craft BBL+ is to not craft BBL+. Instead, get to HR in the Guild and just get Meat and Drink, the very first tab is a guaranteed "Felyne Pyro". This turns all BBL into BBL+.

But, buy a metric shit ton of Barrels, then turn the Wyporium into a NitroShroom/Fireherbporium.

EDIT: Also, this makes the strongest bombs possible. Felyne Pyro does not affect bombs that are already BBL+, and contrary to common misconception, there are ZERO Felyne skills that increase the raw damage of bombs. Felyne Bombadier DOES NOT AFFECT BOMBS AT ALL.

The armor skill Bombadier does, however.
Thank you sir, I never even considered this approach!

Highwind

Azure's trolling in that hunt was incredible.

Never liked fighting them.

Seems like it needs to be done with 4 people.

Ok. Thanks for the hunts.

Thank you sir, I never even considered this approach!
You're welcome!

The only real consideration with this set up is if you're rich enough to forgo Felyne PYRO for another food skill, but as far as bombs go this is as powerful as they get.

I do need to do research to find out if any Attack Up powers up bombs, but who knows.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have artillery god ability and a gun that rapid fires caig shots. RIP monsters.

Next I just need to cut off the zinogre's tail (easy w/ incurvisera+ OR this gun also rapid fires slicing shots) and I'll have the zino gun for a nice thunder shot pairing to my ingot set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom