• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pics_nao

Somehow managed to beat Monoblos by cherry tapping it to death. Pink Rathian is tearing me a new one though. Any ideas for what weapon and armor I should get? Still rocking low rank Tetsu with the Zin switch axe.

KIRIN
dmgKekc.png

THE VISUALS
dmgKekc.png

THE NEW MOVES
dmgKekc.png

THE INTRO
dmgKekc.png

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Anyone playing in Asia/Australian time? Looking for peeps to play in my own timezone. Wouldn't mind playing with people who play late nights/early morning in the Americas/Europe either :X

Mupod

Awesome hunts Mupod and everyone else that joined the room. That was a good, solid 5 hours of hunting. Damn my hands hurt.

fucking gravios and his 2nd gen hitboxes man.

but yeah first time playing multi with gaf in a while and it's as great as always. Might try and push to G tomorrow.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Got a HR2 urgent Gore if anyone can help

ID: 54-5032-0685-5324

Edit: crap sorry, got a visitor, had to log off for a bit :(

fucking gravios and his 2nd gen hitboxes man.

but yeah first time playing multi with gaf in a while and it's as great as always. Might try and push to G tomorrow.

Yeah, fuck Gravios. It's so rough being melee against it. Probably wouldn't have been so bad if my weapons were better so I didn't bounce off it's legs. Thankfully you did most of the work at range. Hitboxes definitely suck for it. Really need to get my weapons upgraded. Was starting to bounce a lot once we started hunting the HR6 monsters.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, fuck Gravios. It's so rough being melee against it. Probably wouldn't have been so bad if my weapons were better so I didn't bounce off it's legs. Thankfully you did most of the work at range. Hitboxes definitely suck for it. Really need to get my weapons upgraded. Was starting to bounce a lot once we started hunting the HR6 monsters.

It gets easier as it's parts start breaking, my switch axe is upgraded as far as I can get it until HR and it was bouncing off those claws like crazy until they broke.

Mupod

It gets easier as it's parts start breaking, my switch axe is upgraded as far as I can get it until HR and it was bouncing off those claws like crazy until they broke.

our second run I started off with a bunch of barrel bombs to try and get that chest broken earlier. But yeah while you can make do with any armor set you really need to keep your weapon up to date.

I'd recommend Seregios weapons but it seems he isn't around in high rank guild missions, only caravan.

I'd like to farm up the Stygian Zinogre gunner set before moving on from high rank. Might make that my goal for tomorrow.

Yeah, I did notice that. Definitely helps, though those legs can sure take a beating before they break. The three fights we did, regular and 2 black gravios, were my 3rd, 4th and 5th time ever fighting the monster. I'm sure I'll get more comfortable with it and that will help a ton.

I'd recommend Seregios weapons but it seems he isn't around in high rank guild missions, only caravan.

I'd like to farm up the Stygian Zinogre gunner set before moving on from high rank. Might make that my goal for tomorrow.
I'll have to try and get to that point in single player then. I have a few quests done in Caravan 7* so hopefully I'm not too far off from that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, I did notice that. Definitely helps, though those legs can sure take a beating before they break. The three fights we did, regular and 2 black gravios, were my 3rd, 4th and 5th time ever fighting the monster. I'm sure I'll get more comfortable with it and that will help a ton.

Yea, the belly and back break a lot easier than the claws. By the time I broke the claws he was like 3 hits from dying, I just kept jumping on his back and whacking his belly.

ohlawd

people should check time elapsed when entering a lobby and the exact time on the board

if there are three people in a quest and it's been 10 minutes, they'll be done soon. clowned on this one dude who left seconds before we finished

Busaiku

I think at some point, I was told that Cathangea was available for purchase, but I'm not seeing it.
Is it in a specific town or something?

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Doing HR3 Tigrex quest and then D Mohran urgent in half an hour if interested. Let me know as we will have two spots available.

Seil

I think at some point, I was told that Cathangea was available for purchase, but I'm not seeing it.
Is it in a specific town or something?

I've yet to see any form of purchasable cathangea. There are three types that I've collected in the Everwood and two varieties of fish that can be caught in Dundorma.

I think you can trade for Cathangea Elixer with the Veggie Elder, but it probably requires something annoying.

Wow I am just being destroyed at the begining of high rank. My gear must be upgraded I guess. Almost died versus a great jaggi Lol. Was over confident.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I have a room set up for unlocking the last food upgrade. Guild level 6.

Advanced: heavan and earth (pink rathian and azure rathalos)

69-7073-9111-1809

I'm in all G rank stuff so it shouldn't be that difficult.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
64-1704-5089-1856

For some HR3 Trigrex and D Mohran fun now!!!

Let me know if you are a Gaffer when you join too :)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I have a question about tripping others. I know any weapon can do it, but are you only vulnerable to being tripped if you release the animations of attacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom