• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerity

I have a question about tripping others. I know any weapon can do it, but are you only vulnerable to being tripped if you release the animations of attacking?

You'll still get tripped regardless, I know when I play with CB online and someone is using pellet shots my character will autoguard those shots.

Seil

I have a question about tripping others. I know any weapon can do it, but are you only vulnerable to being tripped if you release the animations of attacking?

Some attacks give you natural Super Armor which make you ignore tripping and light stuff, but not bigger things like being flung into space by an upswing. But outside of those situations, you'll be tripped even mid-attack.

Seil

How do you polish rusted weapons?

In Harth, the second town, you can polish relics using Abrasives acquired from the Expeditions and Guild Quests in the Everwood.

On a side note, the terminology of "rusted weapons" feels weird since there's actually a line of rusted weapons lol.

Edit: And of course, if someone's looking to deal with a weapon from the Rusted or Worn line(or Demon's Isle/God's Isle), then they're upgraded like normal at the forge.

jercruz

I just cleared 9 star caravan and did silver rathalos on 10 star. I got a commendation G as reward. Isnt that a g-rank reward? I havent gone online yet and on cleared hr1 GH.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So which quest do I have to do to unlock the 2nd wystone slot for the drive wystone that lets me his monster during apex?

Edit: Oh nevermind I already did all the offline wyvern research stuff, now I just have to hit G rank online to finish it off.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
You'll still get tripped regardless, I know when I play with CB online and someone is using pellet shots my character will autoguard those shots.

Some attacks give you natural Super Armor which make you ignore tripping and light stuff, but not bigger things like being flung into space by an upswing. But outside of those situations, you'll be tripped even mid-attack.
I see, so it's just the LS's big ass hitbox.

yami4ct

Anyone want to help me tackle Black Gravios to get to HR6? Randoms have been really terrible at this quest. Hall ID: 65-5412-7281-1343

yami4ct

Oh god, room filled up with HR4 people who had terrible armor and no clue what they were doing. Why did they think they could tackle that quest? Opening new room, ID 55-7444-5245-3038

EDIT:
And then a guy enters my room and demands I change the quest. God dang, bad night for Hunter with Randoms. MH community is usually awesome.

Oh god, room filled up with HR4 people who had terrible armor and no clue what they were doing. Why did they think they could tackle that quest? Opening new room, ID 55-7444-5245-3038

EDIT:
And then a guy enters my room and demands I change the quest. God dang, bad night for Hunter with Randoms. MH community is usually awesome.

Maybe they were gamefaqs hunters? Everytime I end up there looking for info shit's just hostile for no reason.

PKrockin

This is probably a weird question, but I'm looking at more heavy bowguns to make, and what's the scale for recoil? Does it go low -> average -> some -> high? I'm guessing "some" is a bit more than "average" but I'm not sure.

yami4ct

Maybe they were gamefaqs hunters? Everytime I end up there looking for info shit's just hostile for no reason.

Haha. Maybe. I'm all for being accepting of people learning the game, but how can you be HR4 with early game armor and think you can take on a 6-star Black Gravios? Even worse, every one of them have negative fire resist, so we basically got an instant party wipe on his death beam. Their's no excuse for the guy demanding I change my room quest, though. It's my room, I'll set the quest at least the first time around. That's why I made it.

I'm done for tonight. Maybe tomorrow I can get a Gaf group together or at least some randoms that have half a clue.

maven

Jumped in earlier with some gaffers. My first time online and it was awesome. The wife and I played a lot of mh3u together, but having a 4 man team was so much faster.

Pila

Hey guys quick question: how do you unlock high rank expeditions? I'm high rank in the caravan but still HR3, do I need to reach HR4? I still have to 100% understand this expedition business. ^^

Shengar

^Take harvest tour mission, then abandon it. Rinse and repeat until you got you the quest you want.
Hey guys quick question: how do you unlock high rank expeditions? I'm high rank in the caravan but still HR3, do I need to reach HR4? I still have to 100% understand this expedition business. ^^

IIRC, it unlocked as soon as you enter HR in Caravan quests.

PKrockin

That's what I read around but I unlocked 7stars quests in the caravan (high rank) and my expedition mark on the touchscreen is still blue and it says "low"...
You might need to be high rank in the guild, since you get high rank guild quests from high rank expeditions.

Pila

You might need to be high rank in the guild, since you get high rank guild quests from high rank expeditions.

I guess that's what I have to do. Thanks guys, happy hunting. =)

Just in case people have the same question I had: I just soloed my urgent, reached HR4 and that's indeed the way to unlock high rank expeditions.

LProtag

I need S. Magala plate, is anyone else looking to farm it? I only have the LR quest but I can probably handle the HR one if someone else has the quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom