• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shengar

I couldn't fathom how I never mined Shattered Omen that have 50% chance and always ended up having fucking Gossamite and Yoldspar ore
Seriously Capcom, why couldn't you at least put this for the reward?

Vuze

I couldn't fathom how I never mined Shattered Omen that have 50% chance and always ended up having fucking Gossamite and Yoldspar ore
Seriously Capcom, why couldn't you at least put this for the reward?
Yeah, I need this shit too for the Dala HBG... will be a loooong night ha.

Is capturing easier in this game compared to MH3U?

It seems like as soon as the monsters start staggering off / home they're ready for capture in MH4U, whereas in MH3U they stagger off / home but you'd still need to wail on them a little longer before the Capture Guru Skill tells you they're ready for capture.

Basically, do I still need the Capture Guru Skill for later on in this game?

jorgejjvr

Anybody want to help me get to G2*? I can do it, it's just that I currently wish to farm Nerscylla and Zamtrios a bit. Any assistance?

-Alternis

ohlawd

How do you fight S. Magala again in single player? I need two tails but can't see the quest on my list in 6* or 7*.

it moves out of rotation since it's an advanced quest. do a quest (the mega potion or well done steak quests in 1* are fastest) to refresh the list. the quest is in 6*

Spades

This is probably a silly question, but how do I get my Palicoes to fight with me? I've not long been playing; I've completed the first page of 2* quests. I'm a total beginner so perhaps I can't fight with them yet? Just thought I'd ask!

This is probably a silly question, but how do I get my Palicoes to fight with me? I've not long been playing; I've completed the first page of 2* quests. I'm a total beginner so perhaps I can't fight with them yet? Just thought I'd ask!

Go into your house and assign them using the palico board in the back.

LordGouda

Just fought the Shagaru Magala last night for the first time, in single player, and I loved it all: the atmosphere, the monster, and the music. Everything was just a perfect way to fight a monster that was terrorizing the entire land with the Frenzy Virus.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Going from HR3 to HR4. Anyone welcome to join!

ID: 59-8547-3634-0381
Pass: 0770

EDIT: Never mind, I'll just open up a public room.
EDIT2: Eh. Never mind, I'll just try later on tonight. It's probably a bit early to find a full party.

XaosWolf

Question: Trying to scrabble together my old Nargacuga set, but why the hell does it require a Wyvern Gem - a High Rank item - for the low rank set??

Would love to get my Mosgharl set from MHP3rd, but the MH4 version seems to be awful now. Just a mishmash of random skills. =(
Also the Mosgharl set requires High Rank items too with it Nova Crystals.

EDIT: Theres no High Rank version of these armours either? F that noise. Just gonna have to go with Lagombi again for now.

taybul

Wow, I'm only about 12 hours in and I just found out that Barroth isn't even in the game. I saw his armor show up and figured I'd be fighting him soon so I raced through the village quests a bit, even repelled Gore Magala before I found out that his parts along with a few others from MH3 are only available through the trade merchant. WOOOO!

DooD1234

Man, I been so in love with IG so much that I can't play any other weapon now. The ability to vault anywhere anytime to mount also feels like a great advantage that I feel handicap when I play other weapons. I just tried charge blade for the first time and what normally take me about 5-8 minutes to kill in HR caravan quest took me 15 minutes to finish.

Dreavus

I have a question guys. How do I bring my Palicoes with me on a hunt? I can see her hanging in my house talking about how great she is, I can check the stats, but she doesn't pop up when I actually go out on a quest. Is there a setting I'm missing to actually activate palicoe assistance or something?

I have a question guys. How do I bring my Palicoes with me on a hunt? I can see her hanging in my house talking about how great she is, I can check the stats, but she doesn't pop up when I actually go out on a quest. Is there a setting I'm missing to actually activate palicoe assistance or something?

Go to your house and the bulletin board in the back, and change their status to Deploy.

Boogybro

Got 2 spots available if anyone wants to join our room. Doing some low rank missions because I've just started playing.

21-3675-3441-3686

Kinsei

Banned
When it comes to the Meownster HUnter events, does the gear the Palico is equipped with mean anything for them?

Nope. Only first stringers can equip gear and you can't send first stringers out on Meownster Hunter quests. The things that matter are their skills and levels.

Salaadin

Do LR kitties eventually upgrade into HR skill sets or anything? I'm finding some decent cats but I'm attached to my two Palicos, Solid and Liquid

XaosWolf

Trying to finish off these Low Rank caravan quests, but these Advanced quests seem to just keep going.

Are these randomly generated infinite quests or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom